Quantcast

(Third Stay)

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Yeah but nobody's higher than Boulder. Except @TN and maybe Nederland, obviously.

Ahem, I resemble that remark.

With your snowstick dick waving you Denver folks are almost as cute as the East Coast "snowmageddon" folks or what we call Thursday...

Though we actually didn't get much snow yesterday in NE IDahoozle.

I'd snap a shot of my burried patio furniture, but we get too much snow to actually leave furniture outside over winter.

It would get crushed by the collective weight of 200"

#ThatsWhatSheSaid
#ThanksObama
#OldManYellsAtSnowPiles
#IStillHaveToShovelMyRoof

IMG_20210225_091008403_HDR~2.jpg

ETA: my snow thrown pile is approaching 8', time to dig out an igloo 'shed

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Also spent slightly over an hour shoveling. Praise the @FSM the moisture content is so low or I don't think I'd be able to walk right now. I don't have any patio furniture pictures since after we lost the second set to yet another hail storm, I refused to buy another. @Full Trucker will have to settle for teh chicken coop.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Ahem, I resemble that remark.

With your snowstick dick waving you Denver folks are almost as cute as the East Coast "snowmageddon" folks or what we call Thursday...

Though we actually didn't get much snow yesterday in NE IDahoozle.

I'd snap a shot of my burried patio furniture, but we get too much snow to actually leave furniture outside over winter.

It would get crushed by the collective weight of 200"

#ThatsWhatSheSaid
#ThanksObama
#OldManYellsAtSnowPiles
#IStillHaveToShovelMyRoof

View attachment 157086

ETA: my snow thrown pile is approaching 8', time to dig out an igloo 'shed
that year denver had about 2-3 feet of snow on the weekend shrub made his move in the iraq war....the amount of snow i shoveled off of my employers deck at the time created a pile of snow just about as high as the deck....

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
There's a pic on the first page with the pics of the frame. Saw it on Pinkbike and Craigslist, listed for $100. I could have tried offering less but didn't bother.
I was expecting orange. Mildly disappointed.

In similar news, my old college buddy posted a pic of the first real mountain bike I ever owned, a DB V-Link that now has a girvin chubby on it. Can't believe it still exists.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
GET THEM SHOVELS!!
They did feebly try to help when I shoveled our front walkway and cleaned up neighbors’ shoveling efforts along the whole block. The baby likes to grab piles of snow from the snowbanks and toss them back on the sidewalk.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I went from 200 to 307 or so in about a year of regular, polarized work.
I got 222w, (95% of 234 avg). I guess I was hoping to see a better rating right off the block, as I have been doing more cycling in the last two years than I have the rest of my life combined. My w/kg is a bit off as I too am thicc (and have been working considerably at upper body weight training) but still...oh well. I'll try again in a couple of weeks on a weekend to see if I can get it up a bit just by knowing what I'm in for. My max HR went up too- I hit 188bpm which I didn't think was even possible for my age and activity level, but all of this is telling me that I can be working harder during my regular cycling sessions.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I went from 200 to 307 or so in about a year of regular, polarized work.
I really don't want to have to "train", but that's damn impressive. I'm probably only about 220, or was before I effed by knee two+ months ago.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
as much as i like to poke fun of peloton users, their built in power meters are fairly accurate (at least the newer plus model).
The OG peloton used speed and resistance (or cadence and resistance, something like that) to calculate work and therefore power. The nu G peloton has an actual power meter. I can only imagine the sad sacks that upgraded only to find out their FTP plummeted.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I got 222w, (95% of 234 avg). I guess I was hoping to see a better rating right off the block, as I have been doing more cycling in the last two years than I have the rest of my life combined. My w/kg is a bit off as I too am thicc (and have been working considerably at upper body weight training) but still...oh well. I'll try again in a couple of weeks on a weekend to see if I can get it up a bit just by knowing what I'm in for. My max HR went up too- I hit 188bpm which I didn't think was even possible for my age and activity level, but all of this is telling me that I can be working harder during my regular cycling sessions.
How long was that ftp for?
20 minutes, an hour? Just curious.
Mine is just going off the zwift calculation.