Quantcast

(Third Stay)

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I use zip ties and the plastic sheets that come as packaging with Maxxis tires.
That’s a good idea. I currently have one of those generic ‘Mosh guards’ or whatever that everyone has. I am plotting on a custom one for the rear, I bought a thin black chopping board a few weeks ago, gonna cut it up. Goal is to protect the chain a little more. I saw a really good design a while ago that extended back from the chainring area but I can’t find it online anywhere.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Last time I cut my hair I used the wahl clippers I bought in college. I shook the clippings outside for the birds, they were just revealed by the melting snow.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I went to get my hair cut today. the client before me left a $160 tip on a $40 hair cut...
Here the hair stylists and barbers still have to stay closed because of Covid. Literally every day one of them is on TV whining about how hard the situation is for them and that they hardly can feed their kids/have nightmares/depressions/are suicidal/etc.. However, seing folks running around with recent professional cuts makes me wonder how many of them work on the side for some tax-free income. :think:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Here the hair stylists and barbers still have to stay closed because of Covid. Literally every day one of them is on TV whining about how hard the situation is for them and that they hardly can feed their kids/have nightmares/depressions/are suicidal/etc.. However, seing folks running around with recent professional cuts makes me wonder how many of them work on the side for some tax-free income. :think:
Yeah, we just emerged from a 7 week lock down here. I know he must be hurting. I left a $20 tip, but somehow I just didn't feel baller after the previous customer.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
The barber is a weed dealer.
Speaking of dealers...

TL;DR- Dealer at Church's Chicken was found out after someone unknowingly ordered the secret combo and received drugs. The dealer and manager tried to destroy evidence by deep frying the drugs, burned the restaurant instead.

This is a copy and paste from the Nextdoor neighborhood app;
From what I understand there was an employee dealing drugs out that back. There was some kind of order combination that would indicate that someone was trying to purchase drugs. Then when their order arrived, the drugs would be placed in the bag with their food.
Allegedly someone, by chance, actually requested this specific order and was incredibly surprised to find a not so small mashed potato cup full of a class 1 controlled substance. Now, the way I heard it, this unlucky customer didn't go to the police because they happened to know the owner of the Churches personally (they had a monthly poker game together or something). So this customer called the franchise owner and the owner immediately knew who was slinging the drugs; they had had their suspicions for a while, but hadn't, until now, had actual proof of the situation. The owner contacted the manager who was working at the time to let him know what was happening, but unfortunately what the owner didn't know was that the manager was on the take.
The manager didn't sell or partake in the substances, but when they would go to their locker and, once a month, find a small 6 piece chicken box full of $20's, they didn't care to ask questions. All that money in front of someone's face makes it easy to turn a blind eye to where that money is coming from. But now, that money was being threatened, and the manager was smart they knew they could be pulled into the whole mess as well if the authorities got involved. The manager did the only thing they could think to do: tell the employee/dealer that the owner was wise to the situation.
Once everyone knew that everyone knew what was going on, the dealer, the manager, and an overnight cleaner (I don't even know how they got involved) decided that the only thing they could do was use the fryers to try and destroy the remainder of the unsold drugs so there would be no evidence of their illicit chicken serving practices.
I don't know if you've ever seen anyone flash fry a turkey, but if you don't account for the volume of the bird when prepping your oil, you can cause it to overflow and potentially create a grease fire. Well these drugs? They were a pretty large bird in the big scheme of things, and the churches crew were in a rush. They didn't consider that when they dumped the dope the grease would rise, and chaos would follow. The grease went everywhere, covering the counters first and running down onto the floor. Some grease even leaked behind and into the counter. From there it just took one drop, one rogue spot of grease to hit a burner and set the whole powder keg alite.
No one was hurt, and luckily the fire wasn't severe enough to cause any major damage. However, when it came time for repairs the insurance would only pay out if they did a thorough investigation which would include checking the entire premises for drugs. The owner of the Churches, having made their fortunes in pharmaceuticals before branching out into chicken, knew that traces of the illicit, fire inducing, substances would be traceable as they had undoubtedly been cooked into the counters when the drug infused grease was set ablaze on the granite countertops. The owner declined the investigation, decided not to repair the business, and instead shut down that churches location.
Weeks after everything happened, at their monthly poker game, the owner recounted his tale in its entirety. The customer the inadvertently instigated the entire situation couldn't help but think that he must have ordered what turned out to be Churches' most expensive meal ever.

FB_IMG_1614315241665.jpg

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Here what I got for my $80.

2A9F5848-737B-412A-8323-09CA0E1FB8FC.jpeg

Et voila, a bit moto-y. Not sure I love it tbh but I will enjoy not getting facemudded. I do like how lo-pro it is. It’s super tough.

D2858766-8711-4D2A-B88F-3C7F748546B8.jpeg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Here what I got for my $80.

View attachment 157119

Et voila, a bit moto-y. Not sure I love it tbh but I will enjoy not getting facemudded. I do like how lo-pro it is. It’s super tough.

View attachment 157120
There is a fine line between a fender that cock blocks face spray and one that packs full of mud and locks up. Hope there is little clay in your future.

But for $80 it should piss in your face and get bent backwards without compliant.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Hardly any clay here, but it can often be ‘dry’ and still some parts of the mountain/hills are still quite wet, like a particular section of a particular trail is super splattery, fine, almost sandy mud. Gets everywhere including in my face:

046CECF0-2984-455A-A42F-5E261B05EB69.jpeg

Also sometimes we get deluged for a week and I still need to ride.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
/me approves of the e-bike. Shimano E8000 is a nice feeling motor in Trail Mode.