Quantcast

This is what's right with The Industry®

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Right or wrong dont know, neurotic possibly. Rainy day spends cutting a ramp on the Hillbillies that arrived today.
Taking a fresh edge off goes against everything thats right in a fresh MX tyre. Felt wrong, will go right, makes me look stupid yes.

You'll shave milliseconds off of, uh, something.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Right or wrong dont know, neurotic possibly. Rainy day spends cutting a ramp on the Hillbillies that arrived today.
Taking a fresh edge off goes against everything thats right in a fresh MX tyre. Felt wrong, will go right, makes me look stupid yes.
Hmmm, I'd never really thought about doing that, there is a tire groover at work that cuts about the width of a MTB tire lug.
Maybe I could make a Bling Bling outta the Minion I have in the shed.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Do it!
Bling Bling maxxpro single ply is my favourite rear tyre ever.
Especially on a hardtail.
(gotta make do with the minion SS nowadays)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
broke my chainguide on my 2018 Pivot Shuttle.

called up Pivot. guy looked up part in schematic, mused whether they'd have it in stock still. and they did.

something like $32 with tax and shipping to get to me.

:approved:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
broke my chainguide on my 2018 Pivot Shuttle.

called up Pivot. guy looked up part in schematic, mused whether they'd have it in stock still. and they did.

something like $32 with tax and shipping to get to me.

:approved:
i had service like that from Banshee before for a broken axle. Emailed customer service. guy responded "i have one sitting on my desk, i'll drop it at the mail room by end of day".

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
i had service like that from Banshee before for a broken axle. Emailed customer service. guy responded "i have one sitting on my desk, i'll drop it at the mail room by end of day".
I had one like that with Corsair, said my frame has a crack, they sent me a new one maybe four months later and it had the same crack.
That was the most exciting bike ever to own 'Which bit will fuck up today and will I be able to get a new bit?' Hahaha!

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
I had one like that with Corsair, said my frame has a crack, they sent me a new one maybe four months later and it had the same crack.
That was the most exciting bike ever to own 'Which bit will fuck up today and will I be able to get a new bit?' Hahaha!
My Marque was like that. It was a very fun bike to ride, the brief bits of time when it was up and running.

jrewing

Monkey
Aug 22, 2010
Maydena Oz
Dhr2 in that size and compound is good news. But price will keep me away from them. I cant compute how they are dearer than my Mx Maxxis tyres.
I run 471 or 560, depending in whats cheapest at the time. I like 471’s for DH, 560’s for park jumping. Sidewall roll is real.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Ass-guy 2.5 DD and DHR 2.4 DD are “on point” right now. Hooking up so well on pff camber and just slamming down stuff. I dont want the rear tire same size as front and bigger than 2.5 front starts to bleed serious speed IME.
GPTempDownload.jpeg

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
2.4 is the correct size for a rear tire and 2.5 for the front for most conditions.
Lots of people run DHR2s on front, including on WCs which is why this tire was developed.
I believe pros have had access to DHR2 2.5s for at least 2 seasons if not longer..

Currently they are using a proto intermediate tire aka High Roller 3. Consumers may get that in another year or so.

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I wish they made a DH casing, Maxxgrip 2.6 or even 2.8 tire for the e-bike. The bashy-bashy is just a little too rowdy with 2.4’s, IMO.
rotating weight matters a little bit, but not really much with 1050 watts of battery, and 108nm of torque. And a speed de-restrictor.
(This would be the choice for moto trails, with lots of loose, blown out rocks).

2.4’s are fine on most mtb built trails, though.

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
About sidewall roll: how much is due to lack of rim width vs low tire casing stiffness combined with low tire pressure?

I noticed some sidewall roll when I lowered the pressure on my front tire in the bikepark. It translated to some vagueness in the steering. No issue with burping at my humble level.

Sidewall roll is the start of schralp, isn't it? Maybe not so great to schralp with the front wheel...?

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
rotating weight matters a little bit, but not really much with 1050 watts of battery, and 108nm of torque. And a speed de-restrictor.
It actually matters tons.
I run two wheelsets on my Emtb. on the rear One has a 2.3 exo tubeless the other 2.4 DH casing with an insert. handling is completely different with each
Compound matters tons too. Especially in respect to range if you're running de-restricted. It's all wattage init?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
It actually matters tons.
I run two wheelsets on my Emtb. on the rear One has a 2.3 exo tubeless the other 2.4 DH casing with an insert. handling is completely different with each
Compound matters tons too. Especially in respect to range if you're running de-restricted. It's all wattage init?
The extra rotating weight should only really hurt you(lots) if you are riding tight stuff with lot of accelerating from near zero speed.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I wish they made a DH casing, Maxxgrip 2.6 or even 2.8 tire for the e-bike. The bashy-bashy is just a little too rowdy with 2.4’s, IMO.
(This would be the choice for moto trails, with lots of loose, blown out rocks).

2.4’s are fine on most mtb built trails, though.
Foes E-ticket