Quantcast

This is what's right with The Industry®

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
years of lizard infiltration undetected. RM's cybersecurity compromised
Ha! I'm pretty sure it's because RM collectively forgot about Santa Cruz following the retirement of Bryceland... then something something about Pon Holdings... zzzzzz :P

Congrats!?!

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I'm less concerned about his clothing than his body positioning on that bike... stretched arms usually mean a size too large, saddle too far back, and imminent shoulder and lower back issues.
COVID mate. Even the wealthy have to settle for whats in stock.

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
Despite crazy delays and non-availability affecting our orders for customers and the rental fleet my Gambler Tuned just arrived! Sure, I ordered it in September 2019 but the fact that it even exists seems like a miracle. I pronounce 2021 "The Summer of DH"!
2020 called and wants your 180mm 29" singlecrown back because pedaling uphill on a fork that tall only made sense when all the lifts were closed.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Given that it's March, the frame design is 4 years old, and those are 2021 components on there with 2022 releases just around the corner, I'd hope YT can deliver!

PS my aluminum Large Capra 27 frame is for sale.:fancy:

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
  • Pivot bushings, where they make sense - To create an even stiffer rear triangle interface, the updated Trail Pistol seatstay/swingarm pivot switches from ball bearings to proven IGUS bushings for lighter weight, better fit, and a longer service life
Nice to see someone finally doing this again, rather than just getting on the train of shitty ball bearings.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
We can argue if this is Right or Wrong for the Industry...but I have been looking for something to defend against giant kitties on rides. After a jogger almost died, but lived by beating it off with a rock...I'm thinking something like this would be useful. (Yes, I know I don't need a bike brand on it, but I like to support the local boys if I can. And here, I'd be supporting two of them)

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
We can argue if this is Right or Wrong for the Industry...but I have been looking for something to defend against giant kitties on rides. After a jogger almost died, but lived by beating it off with a rock...I'm thinking something like this would be useful. (Yes, I know I don't need a bike brand on it, but I like to support the local boys if I can. And here, I'd be supporting two of them)

$225 and you only get S30V. :disgust1:

My biggest beef with my Spydero Native (similar design), and the ultimate reason I sold it, was because it lacked a deep carry clip. If the intent is kitty defense primarily, I can see a non-deep carry being a plus, but if you'll be carrying it every day, I personally don't like advertising it. Also, unless you have small and nimble hands, one handed opening with gloves on will be tough. With gloves, I much prefer an assisted knife (where legal) for ease and speed of deployment.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California

Bear spray.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

just, so overpriced!

I have one of these, and I pray I'll never be that close to teh kittehs.

obligatory kitty pics ...
WR lion.jpg

suburban models ...
boulder lions.jpg

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Why no carbonz for teh kitties? Carry one of these in my Murse

Found it in the dirt at a campsite, best knife find I've ever made.

This would probably be my choice if I were paying for a lightweight pack knife

Or this

Carried the Ripple for a while, really great little knife, super light, and the ball bearing pivot doesn't get as jammed up if it gets dirty.

If a big cat's on you a pocket knife ain't going to do squat.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

Bear spray. Plus, if you find a kitty having their way with a hiker or rider, you can spray em both without having to get that close. Seriously, bear spray makes so much sense.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
Bear spray. Plus, if you find a kitty having their way with a hiker or rider, you can spray em both without having to get that close. Seriously, bear spray makes so much sense.
Until you crash and detonate the can..... Also, anyone ever shot bear spray before, a lot of variables to take into account. I have nuked two grizzlies with it in my day and also nuked myself once in the car- that was really cool

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
OK I hear ya on the bear spray. But what if it doesn't work? You gonna use the can to beat the life outta that kitteh?

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
just, so overpriced!

I have one of these, and I pray I'll never be that close to teh kittehs.

obligatory kitty pics ...
View attachment 158334

suburban models ...
View attachment 158335
Those cougars are not the same as the ones around here that will beat you off.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Until you crash and detonate the can..... Also, anyone ever shot bear spray before, a lot of variables to take into account. I have nuked two grizzlies with it in my day and also nuked myself once in the car- that was really cool
Course I’ve nuked myself. But it’s a hell of a lot better than a bullet. I’ve never seen someone detonate the can in a crash, there are water bottle holders for them and other stuff that should minimize of not eliminate that risk.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
OK I hear ya on the bear spray. But what if it doesn't work? You gonna use the can to beat the life outta that kitteh?
Animals like that rely heavily on their senses. Bear spray will take them out. Had to use it on a moose once.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
What the heck would you let grizzlies in your car? :D

I am with @Adventurous - if you think a knife can help you defend yourself, you need something that's easy to open with one hand. For me, that knife is my SOG Vulcan. Not that I want to use it for self defense, ever.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
wE aLl nEeD fAnCy WeApOnS fOr SiTuAtIoNs ThAt WiLl NeVeR hApPeN. might as well just carry @6thElement's piece when you ride. unless you're @Jm_ and you live in the middle of nowhere. then carry bear spray.

@Salami you'll get your shit jacked by a methhead faster than you can say "dixie will rise again" at ol' poston. you won't even have time to pull your $30 blade, son. you'll prolly be tending to your overheating buddy on an ebike anyway...

Last edited: