Quantcast

This is what's right with The Industry®

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Literally, the best time to ride. No hikers that moved into are from LA and Bay Area messing everything up or crazy Horse Women. All alone no noise, no shadows.......I went out to a sandy spot like 7-8 years ago and it was a downpour. Probably had 40 mph winds going. Cold as hell, hard to see but nobody on the trail.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Literally, the best time to ride. No hikers that moved into are from LA and Bay Area messing everything up or crazy Horse Women. All alone no noise, no shadows.......I went out to a sandy spot like 7-8 years ago and it was a downpour. Probably had 40 mph winds going. Cold as hell, hard to see but nobody on the trail.
MTB in rain - yes, road - hell no.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Thunderstorms are a hard-Nope for me. Way too dangerous.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Here you will get immobilized by clay soil, hit by a lightning bolt, and then eaten by a Grizzly or a pack of Wolves.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Awesome, cheers.
Does the lever stroke stay pretty constant towards end of pad life, esp on the rear brake? Got a rough buy date on them?
I wonder if they updated em. Similar to you I didn't get a super crisp bleed on the set I installed either, but it was good enough.
Gun to my head, buy date was probably July/August range 2021

Rear lever definitely pulls a little closer to bar at end of life. I haven't noticed a significant change in the front (despite going through a few sets of pads now).

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Absolutely sick work from the boys.

Analog repeaters and all on one battery pack, mind numbing

Pretty cool perspective. What’s immediately noticeable are changes in speed and elevation. Seems like a lot of work to put this together, and then for the pilot to perform.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Pretty cool perspective. What’s immediately noticeable are changes in speed and elevation. Seems like a lot of work to put this together, and then for the pilot to perform.
The reception is whats mind numbing. The video feed for FPV quads runs off 5.8 Ghz due to low latency but inherently has very poor range and can be blocked very easily so you essentially have to have line of sight for a decent transmission, you lose your video feed, its a crash. The fact they used a mavic as a roaming repeater and several daisy chained signal boosters along the route and still had crappy video and were able to fly with all that interference is insane.

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
For the first time ever, I'm with Gary on this one. "Mind numbing" to me means mind numbingly boring. "Mind blowing" is the phrase I'd use for your example. It clashes with the rest of my personality, but I'm a grammar and language Nazi.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Ah. I see you ironically publish your own dictionaries now too.
The full phrase before the American bastardisation to make no sense should actually be "mind numbingly boring"...
You're pretty good at fucking this sort of thing up though.

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
do you know the tale of a german car brand called porsh[sic!]?

yeah, you spelled it wrong. the whole time. you’re welcome. also you pronounce adidas wrong. sincerly, the german speaking world. now get lost

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Vail is hosting the GoPro Summer Mountain Games again. Week of June7th.

There is Dual Slalom!

And XC. yay? That's it for bikes.

But there's water sports, climbing, doggie things, it's quite the spectacle.

Unfortunately the Dual Slalom is like Tuesday and Wednesday. Boo.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
do you know the tale of a german car brand called porsh[sic!]?

yeah, you spelled it wrong. the whole time. you’re welcome. also you pronounce adidas wrong. sincerly, the german speaking world. now get lost
Pour shay
Ah-dee DAS

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Never understood why people have issues with Porsche or Peugeot. Phonetically it has no sounds that don't exist in English. It's just everyone in America has some weird bad habits about those. Adidas is super simple too. It's not like trying to spell Fjallraven or Xiaomi (though this one is fairly easy too once you get that Xi= Shi)

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
Vail is hosting the GoPro Summer Mountain Games again. Week of June7th.

There is Dual Slalom!

And XC. yay? That's it for bikes.

But there's water sports, climbing, doggie things, it's quite the spectacle.

Unfortunately the Dual Slalom is like Tuesday and Wednesday. Boo.

There's an invite only slalom going down at the end of the month in Durango for the Iron Horse Classic.
It's going to be in town at Chapman Hill.

Now that Sik Mik is riding for Yeti, I'm hope he comes down to show the kids how it's done!

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
Doods, everybody sounds like an idiot speaking in a different language.
How is your English after many years abroad?
My 3 main languages are French, Swedish and English. I use them daily and even dream in either of them. Now after 20 years abroad even French feels like a foreign language: I have to search for some words and my vocabulary is limited to what I needed until my years at university.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
How is your English after many years abroad?
My 3 main languages are French, Swedish and English. I use them daily and even dream in either of them. Now after 20 years abroad even French feels like a foreign language: I have to search for some words and my vocabulary is limited to what I needed until my years at university.
That sounds incredibly similar to me, haha. My English is not what it used to be.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Just got my "Changing Robe". Apparently it's been a thing for surfers for a while. Wish I would've known that before a park ranger threatened me with jail time if I ever change into my chamois in the parking lot ever again....

A little overkill for me, but you can't be too warm and dry, right?!

https://nukeproof.com/products/robe

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Just got my "Changing Robe". Apparently it's been a thing for surfers for a while. Wish I would've known that before a park ranger threatened me with jail time if I ever change into my chamois in the parking lot ever again....

A little overkill for me, but you can't be too warm and dry, right?!

https://nukeproof.com/products/robe
Holy crap perfect....

Some spots I ride after work are right next to a city path and rows of houses, the amount of times I've had to say screw it and just ride in my boxers* rather than mooning the neighborhood...and you know how it goes trying to change quickly, foot get stuck in the grippy shit in the chamois every time, thus extending the freak show.

*yeah yeah i have a delicate taint.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Holy crap perfect....

Some spots I ride after work are right next to a city path and rows of houses, the amount of times I've had to say screw it and just ride in my boxers* rather than mooning the neighborhood...and you know how it goes trying to change quickly, foot get stuck in the grippy shit in the chamois every time, thus extending the freak show.

*yeah yeah i have a delicate taint.

I once went for an afterwork ride and was the only car in the parking lot. So I proceeded to drop trou to change thinking I was alone only to hear the University of Virginia women's cross country team to go running by.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I once went for an afterwork ride and was the only car in the parking lot. So I proceeded to drop trou to change thinking I was alone only to hear the University of Virginia women's cross country team to go running by.
Did you cause any to trip and fall?

That's kind of like walking off into the bush to take a leak, thinking you're hidden, only to realize nope, you're right next to another trail...as passing riders wave at you. :rofl:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Did you cause any to trip and fall?

That's kind of like walking off into the bush to take a leak, thinking you're hidden, only to realize nope, you're right next to another trail...as passing riders wave at you. :rofl:

No. It was cold out, I swear!

I once had my dog runoff with my pack tied to his leash as I took a shit in the woods. I chased after him with my pants around my ankles towards the trail where of course a group of people just showed up. I presume they thought I was some madman coming after them as they literally ran away.