Quantcast

This is what's wrong with The Industry™

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
but most customers are morons
That's why you need to hype it up. Because people gobble up stupid marketing hype. They'll go "Marketing doesn't work for me" and then they go buy the most marketed things or the most popular contrarian products "for people marketing doesn't work on".

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Cycling and mountain biking beat skiing to third place, with only golf and art collecting being more popular. Horse riding rounds out the top 5, followed by fishing in sixth place — ahead of classic car collecting, hunting, yachting and watch collecting."

Screenshot_20221020-093623_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Well I guess it's good to know who all the Tourons are. They are "centi-millionaires".

Thanks for coming, leave your wallet.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
I went to bentonville for the first time ever a few weeks ago for "work". Worst tap water I've ever tasted.
Something like $15,000,000 on mtb trail and related amenities over the last 5 years.
but don't drink the water.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Why won’t the Industry make the reaches long enough so I can run my stem backwards?

View attachment 183618
Let's see.....brass knuckles on internet.....yep, can still get them.

Okay....yep, easily fit in my pocket still.

Oh look, police batons on sale. Definitely throwing one of those in the cart.

Cool. All ready for the second I see that shit in person. Should be here in a week.

Thanks!

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Let's see.....brass knuckles on internet.....yep, can still get them.

Okay....yep, easily fit in my pocket still.

Oh look, police batons on sale. Definitely throwing one of those in the cart.

Cool. All ready for the second I see that shit in person. Should be here in a week.

Thanks!
Haha, It’s PVD’s new bike. He also posted this one.

FC51C943-47E5-439A-96CF-A24313A02870.jpeg

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Of course it is.

Obviously that's who's bike that is. I mean who else could it be. How could I be so stupid. Mr. DOT fluid in mineral brakes or whatever the fuck that idiot did.

What was I thinking.

So anyway imma beat that dudes ass
Looks pretty balanced. #sacredgeometry
I feel like I could really get some weight over that front tire and hook up on the flat turns!

DAFFAA15-03E2-4A06-B9AD-2502CFA8F106.jpeg

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Lord help me, I read a little bit of his blog recently (someone made me, I don't hate myself that much). He had the temerity to say that he needed a far higher performing bike than most of us muppets and we're all the idiots for accepting the commonly held best geometry best practices.

He also says that front-center is the right number to size bikes by, irrespective of intended use, and was wildly dismissive of the idea that stem length has any impact on handling so...

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Lord help me, I read a little bit of his blog recently (someone made me, I don't hate myself that much). He had the temerity to say that he needed a far higher performing bike than most of us muppets and we're all the idiots for accepting the commonly held best geometry best practices.

He also says that front-center is the right number to size bikes by, irrespective of intended use, and was wildly dismissive of the idea that stem length has any impact on handling so...
Can anyone update me on who this person is? He seems like a great guy.

Also did he stich the knee himself? WTF?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Looks pretty balanced. #sacredgeometry
I feel like I could really get some weight over that front tire and hook up on the flat turns!

View attachment 183620
Bet that thing would be sweet for wheelies. Dunno about the rest. Big weight shifts required to load that front wheel and keep it gripping I imagine.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Archer components make horrible bar clamps that are sharp as all shit so I get to waste $95AUD, yay!
-840223077500211416.jpg