Quantcast

^^^!^ Toot stay ^!^^

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
TOTALLY! Just need some TLC to remove some of the bogs that kill your momentum. Porter was a big disappointment. They could have made it fun even though machine built.
It's best to think of Porter as more of a connector between TTOP and Lugtread. It can be run in the opposite direction when the lift is running, but it's not really meant to be a "flow trail" like Lugtread and Growler are. It's too wide and flat with a lot of grade reversals.

The people they hired to build the machine-built trails (lugtread, growler) were new to trail building at the time, and they hired some locals that don't ride to operate the machinery. I think they were also running out of time in the fall to build. So I think some of the routing didn't go as they had originally planned. It's still fun, but I think the biggest issue is that it's a resource-hog. It takes lots of work to keep in rideable. The builder has honed his skills in the ensuing years, and Maibock and Boneshaker is the result. I'm not sure if there's more trails planned, but I think their next priority is to do something about the middle part of Pilsner.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
My favourite loop at MSM is to climb TTOP to Stout, then to the lookout at the very top. It's a loooong ass climb (for me at least) at about 45 minutes total. Then ride Family Jewel (this is actually the hidden jem of the whole mountain - it's what Lager could be like with less traffic. the only issue is that it's very short) into "upper" Pilsner to Stout, then up and over Porter to the top of Lugtread. If I have time and energy I'll take Growler all the way down, and climb back up TTOP. Then you climb all the way up again to Boneshaker into Maibock.

For a short loop, I would cut out Porter and Lugtread.

Lower Boneshaker cuts out Maibock and runs you all the way down to the lake. It should be a good alternative, especially if conditions aren't conducive to slabs (rain, dust, or leaves), but I haven't tried it yet. Looking forward to it though.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hannah climbed out of the crib on Saturday, so had to put the guardrail on and open the front up. Now she's free to roam and doesn't like it (wtf?). Was woken up at 2am by crying which lead to a quick walk into her room and "back in bed" firmly then sleeping on the floor until she gets used to the next bed. Shockingly it is more comfortable than my current bed. A few wake-ups with prompt "back in bed" and "lay back down" and she slept until almost 7am. Still fucking blows though. I can't say that I slept better than usual, but I definitely didn't sleep worse.

Still arguing with Wifey about her car. Dollars say keep the Infiniti, which she wants every car to be, and pay for it as things break. She wants all sorts of home improvements too, so it's car or house and she doesn't like that option. FTS.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Hannah climbed out of the crib on Saturday, so had to put the guardrail on and open the front up. Now she's free to roam and doesn't like it (wtf?). Was woken up at 2am by crying which lead to a quick walk into her room and "back in bed" firmly then sleeping on the floor until she gets used to the next bed. Shockingly it is more comfortable than my current bed. A few wake-ups with prompt "back in bed" and "lay back down" and she slept until almost 7am. Still fucking blows though. I can't say that I slept better than usual, but I definitely didn't sleep worse.
how old is she?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

Still arguing with Wifey about her car. Dollars say keep the Infiniti, which she wants every car to be, and pay for it as things break. She wants all sorts of home improvements too, so it's car or house and she doesn't like that option. FTS.
I thought you bought the gucci playboi environment car? doesn't she get a toy too?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
seriously. he's not gonna find anything more exotic at a better price. if i still rode road enough to justify a new bike i'd have already bought one.
It's not about exotic, it's about getting decent value. i don't need a venge for my weekly 20milers...but I can't deny they are neat bikes. I'd prefer to buy a used complete, which further complicates buying a frame only. What I want is a 3T strada, but I missed out on a couple of local deals that were pretty great. The chiner bikes are virtually identical to the 3T, but at a fraction of cost. The lynksey isn't a bad deal, but at a pound heavier than a mooots I can understand how they keep costs down...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
my favorite feature of the crib we got for our kids was that you could drop it increasingly low. had to keep those fuckers trapped and away from me for as long as possible!

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Over the last four or five years, I had reduced my alcohol intake to near nothing. Saving for special occasions to have a snobby level quality of beverage.

With the events of this past weekend, I feel as if I have made up for in the last two days.....

Fuck this past weekend.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
my favorite feature of the crib we got for our kids was that you could drop it increasingly low. had to keep those fuckers trapped and away from me for as long as possible!
my kids have been sleeping through the night consistently since they were before 1, so its been a non-issue. it was actually inconvenient for us to keep them in the crib.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
ugh pulling art from packaging designs suck.
I wish these lazy-ass designers would prep my art for video for me.
:rant:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Over the last four or five years, I had reduced my alcohol intake to near nothing. Saving for special occasions to have a snobby level quality of beverage.

With the events of this past weekend, I feel as if I have made up for in the last two days.....

Fuck this past weekend.
WTF happenend there?
Truck sliding on ice and guy tried to bail before it went down a ravine and wound up underneath?

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
The lynksey isn't a bad deal, but at a pound heavier than a mooots I can understand how they keep costs down...
If you spend Moots money at Lynskey you also get Moots weight. Their "budget" frames are just using less manipulated tubing, so this is where the weight and good price come from.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
how old is she?
22 months

Have you offered to sell the M yet?
Changing the fuel pump this week then listing.

I thought you bought the gucci playboi environment car? doesn't she get a toy too?
See above. My company will be paying for it and it's a Chevy Bolt (aka roller skate). She got pissy when I said that we can get a 2017 Pilot with 20k for $15k less then a used 2018 with 7k and the shit that came down stream... I might just wait until the market falls out and go buy a used one around that range, show up with it, and call it a day. $15k is a LOT of service and 20k is negligible mileage on a Pilot.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Pretty much describes it, happened while trying to get to a stranded motorist.

Jern spent almost two hours alone trying to dig Jake out before help could get to them.
Ugh, that's an ugly situation.
Sorry for hear, don't punish your liver too much.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Ugh, that's an ugly situation.
Sorry for hear, don't punish your liver too much.
I have switched it over to the coffee as I will be picking up extra shifts starting tomorrow. I pulled a 28 hour shift starting when it happened.

Services will be on friday. Will be working another 24 hour shift so my guys can go.

Liver is currently in recovery mode.