Quantcast

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I read this article earlier today, and while I can't read the WaPo article due to the paywall the headline seems like it's probably similar?

Worth noting... that article is from 2016.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I was REALLY hoping for a reality show bang up ending, with Trump blowing his brains out in the Oval Office at 11:59 on Jan. 20th.

But my wife said, “ no way, dude, he loves himself too much”.
to which I replied, “But he is a loser now, and one thing Trump hates is losers”.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I was REALLY hoping for a reality show bang up ending, with Trump blowing his brains out in the Oval Office at 11:59 on Jan. 20th.

But my wife said, “ no way, dude, he loves himself too much”.
to which I replied, “But he is a loser now, and one thing Trump hates is losers”.
It's the image, he doesn't care if he is or not, what he cares about is the image.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
"no noted dissents"
No dissent? The court's reply was simply "The application for injunctive relief presented to Justice Alito and by him referred to the Court is denied". Which I believe is legalese for "Get Da Fuck Outta Here" (said in thick Brooklyn Accent)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
No dissent? The court's reply was simply "The application for injunctive relief presented to Justice Alito and by him referred to the Court is denied". Which I believe is legalese for "Get Da Fuck Outta Here" (said in thick Brooklyn Accent)
that was straight from the article.

"Tuesday's one-line order was issued with no noted dissents or comment from any of the nine justices. The court is made up of six conservative justices -- including Trump's three nominees -- Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh and Amy Coney Barrett -- and three liberals.
The order marked Barrett's first vote on an election-related dispute.
The quick action with no public dissents (justices may choose whether to announce their dissent) is a signal the Supreme Court may not want to get involved in the ongoing Trump challenges, said Steve Vladeck, CNN Supreme Court analyst and University of Texas Law professor.
"The fact that the justices issued a one-sentence order with no separate opinions is a powerful sign that the court intends to stay out of election-related disputes, and that it's going to leave things to the electoral process going forward," Vladeck said."

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
that was straight from the article.

"Tuesday's one-line order was issued with no noted dissents or comment from any of the nine justices. The court is made up of six conservative justices -- including Trump's three nominees -- Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh and Amy Coney Barrett -- and three liberals.
The order marked Barrett's first vote on an election-related dispute.
The quick action with no public dissents (justices may choose whether to announce their dissent) is a signal the Supreme Court may not want to get involved in the ongoing Trump challenges, said Steve Vladeck, CNN Supreme Court analyst and University of Texas Law professor.
"The fact that the justices issued a one-sentence order with no separate opinions is a powerful sign that the court intends to stay out of election-related disputes, and that it's going to leave things to the electoral process going forward," Vladeck said."
How is this for unbridled optimism...

1607529199197.jpeg

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
AKA;
"GOP official admits trumpists are potential and likely terrorists"
Liberal fake news says “bombed” wasn’t likely literal.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR