Quantcast

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Definitely ran into some slightly intimidating hippie-ish Haolies on the road to Hannah, first thought was ‘they are packing guns, and where is their farm’. Lots of sketchy white dudes with lifelong dreads. Was curious how they got on with the locals.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Definitely ran into some slightly intimidating hippie-ish Haolies on the road to Hannah, first thought was ‘they are packing guns, and where is their farm’. Lots of sketchy white dudes with lifelong dreads. Was curious how they got on with the locals.

I really don't think anyone can experience the real Hawaii without staying with some low level gangsters, and I say that with fondness and repsect.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
as my wife (CPA of over 30 years with a masters in tax who manages the North American Taxes for a multinational corporation) said: They are admitting that the filings are incorrect in an attempt to minimize the damage to their firm and and the exposures to their other clients in hopes of not going down with the Trump Organization.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
as my wife (CPA of over 30 years with a masters in tax who manages the North American Taxes for a multinational corporation) said: They are admitting that the filings are incorrect in an attempt to minimize the damage to their firm and and the exposures to their other clients in hopes of not going down with the Trump Organization.
:popcorn:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
"Some numbers might be a little fuzzy..." :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Screenshot_20220214-225951.png

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
So your wife is a part of the Deep State then. Got it.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Fun fact, my company is housed in the same building as Mazars. There was a massive fire in the electrical room a few months ago and the building has been without power since. Two weeks ago, the emergency generator caught on fire and the backup generators failed. Backup-backup power was just restored yesterday to the building.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Fun fact, my company is housed in the same building as Mazars. There was a massive fire in the electrical room a few months ago and the building has been without power since. Two weeks ago, the emergency generator caught on fire and the backup generators failed. Backup-backup power was just restored yesterday to the building.
Coincidence, I'm sure!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Admitting that a 10 year window of statements is unreliable certainly should raise some oversight curiosity. “Oops, we just missed that for 10 years in a row.” GTFO with that. They might as well be wearing a big white hat and doing a chef’s kiss, because they were in the kitchen when those books were cooked.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Admitting that a 10 year window of statements is unreliable certainly should raise some oversight curiosity. “Oops, we just missed that for 10 years in a row.” GTFO with that. They might as well be wearing a big white hat and doing a chef’s kiss, because they were in the kitchen when those books were cooked.
someone correct me if i'm wrong, but from what i've read it sounds like the documents provided to them by the trump org were cooked, not necessarily their own records. that doesn't mean they have no liability, but it certainly raises more questions than it answers.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
someone correct me if i'm wrong, but from what i've read it sounds like the documents provided to them by the trump org were cooked, not necessarily their own records. that doesn't mean they have no liability, but it certainly raises more questions than it answers.
I need to read up on what the situation is. That said, even if the books they were handed were precooked, I’d have to wonder what services were being provided and if those services should have identified any cooking. It’s not a stretch to believe that there was a fair chance the firm had a sense of what was going on.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I need to read up on what the situation is. That said, even if the books they were handed were precooked, I’d have to wonder what services were being provided and if those services should have identified any cooking. It’s not a stretch to believe that there was a fair chance the firm had a sense of what was going on.
oh yea, this doesn't get them out of any liability, but it certainly says something that whatever they learned from the NY AG was significant enough that they decided not to go down with the ship so to speak.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
This is language that gets me wondering what they knew. They seem to have opined on the statements, so I’d assume there were audits performed. So how did it take 10 years for them to finally distance themselves and state that previous work is unreliable? Oh yeah, the money they were getting paid vs the public scrutiny they are under now.

C46A1753-169A-4122-A93B-1D914078C98D.jpeg97B771E4-C47E-4F87-A6CB-964B2862AC85.jpeg

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007