Quantcast

Trust me...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
the only thing better than a fork that binds is a fork with more travel that doesn't get used when it binds
A better fork takes you back to the 90s with Girvin, AMP and K2 linkage forks that give you a lap time of -22 years and an instant win.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hey rather than fix the plethora of issues that our fork has and riders complain about, we released a longer travel version. That way, instead of not getting 120mm of travel, you can not get 180mm of travel!

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I'll wait for reviews to come in before I rag on it.

Seemed to pay off for me with the steaming pile of shit that is "the message."

Always down to try something new if it is genuinely better.

Probably wont be buying one anytime soon (or probably ever) though.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I'll wait for reviews to come in before I rag on it.

Seemed to pay off for me with the steaming pile of shit that is "the message."

Always down to try something new if it is genuinely better.

Probably wont be buying one anytime soon (or probably ever) though.
Just wait till Giant make a clone and sell it for tree fiddy.

vinny4130

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
albuquerque
You say that now...

As for the trust LT fork I still want to try it. I wanted to try the message as it was well revived around my circles.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
LBS has a message fork for demo...would love to try it but I run a 20mm hub, which means I'd need to borrow a wheel or whatever. Would still love to have ride time to back up my bitching.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
giant makes a lot of stuff, but i'm not sure suspension is one of them.
They know how to build with carbon and how to copy a linkage so they could just partner with someone trustworthy like DNM to sort the boingy bits out.

Sandwich, do you still have your Evil?
If so, could you let us know which orientation the fork works best in?

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
if you put Ellsworth Dare links on it, could you make it a proper 200mm dh fork?
i like where you're going with this. i did a long travel hack with my first suspension bike (fsr max backbone) using aluminum stock bolted onto the swing link to create a longer effective lever arm. hacksaw & hand drill ghetto fab at it's finest. i think travel went from 4 point something to a plush 6". subsequently aftermarket long travel links appeared (with a variety of shock bolt mount locations for tweakability). linkage forks invite a veritable plethora of aftermarket linkage tuning opportunities!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
That looks a lot like Captain Jack's in the Crested Butte bike park
I was thinking the same thing actually. They've got some other press release photos that look like crested butte.

I've only ever ridden that park after about a foot of rain overnight. I couldn't stay on that trail to save my life in some spots.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Smooth Jumps & Flowy Bermed Trails

This is where the Shout felt best
Ouch.

Interesting that this is like a single paragraph review, whereas the last one was an essay that took a week to read, let alone write.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
Wow, that is harsh.
"looking for something that’s soft and comfortable? Get yourself a Buick. But if you can handle high-speed and crave performance, get a Porsche" - new highs of stupidity, we've got coil forks you know, they do both.
That quote of yours is taken from the Marketing Manager of Trust. Which puts into another light immo.

Kazimer's final thoughts are a bit different.

"If the Shout's on-trail performance trounced that of a traditional telescoping fork it'd be easier to look past its price, weight, and looks. Unfortunately, that's not the case. While there are intriguing elements to its handling, they're not quite enough to outshine the current crop of high-end telescoping forks on the market."

Make of it what you want. Maybe they didn't pay enough, maybe the testers weren't open enough for the change in riding feel, I don't know. 4 months is a relatively long testing period I think. I would give it a try if I had the chance, but I would never spend the amount of cash for one.

pe6u

Chimp
Apr 19, 2013
Yeah, I was aiming at the marketing genius, not the review. Sorry if quoting is misleading.