Quantcast

turdsday

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I have a short presentation to company management today but I have done what I can to prepare. I was advised to wear pants so I did that and even a shirt.

Doctor gave okay to hit the gym so I can start spinning on the bike!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Soon will be delayed. Last night was rough with Layla. She hates the cone and was pretty violent about getting it off, which we can't have her doing right now. I ended up sleeping* on the floor next to an open crate, so that every time she started trying to get it off, I could calm her down. Needless to say, I am very tired and very sore.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Soon will be delayed. Last night was rough with Layla. She hates the cone and was pretty violent about getting it off, which we can't have her doing right now. I ended up sleeping* on the floor next to an open crate, so that every time she started trying to get it off, I could calm her down. Needless to say, I am very tired and very sore.
brutal. chewie had to wear a cone for two weeks for his eyelid surgery. he hated the cone at first, but because his fur is so long he couldn't get it off. after a day or so he figured out how to use the cone as a weapon of sorts to fuck around with his brother.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
normal routine around here is to put the dogs out while I shower before crashing out. I decided to shower first. came out to dog shit in the hallway. Don't think I will do that again.

I did sleep like a brick last night though WIN

strong espresso this morning for win #2

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
normal routine around here is to put the dogs out while I shower before crashing out. I decided to shower first. came out to dog shit in the hallway. Don't think I will do that again.

I did sleep like a brick last night though WIN

strong espresso this morning for win #2
Maybe stop feeding your dogs hot peppers. They seem to shit and puke in the house too often :D

Our DSO got into a scrap at doggy daycare yesterday. The other dog supposedly snapped at her first. She doesn't fuck around and needed a couple of people to pull her off :/

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Maybe stop feeding your dogs hot peppers. They seem to shit and puke in the house too often :D

Our DSO got into a scrap at doggy daycare yesterday. The other dog supposedly snapped at her first. She doesn't fuck around and needed a couple of people to pull her off :/
wifey decided that the dogs needed pigs ears and cow bones with meat still on them. That started some serious GI issues. I threw that stuff in the garbage, She now sees the light.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
brutal. chewie had to wear a cone for two weeks for his eyelid surgery. he hated the cone at first, but because his fur is so long he couldn't get it off. after a day or so he figured out how to use the cone as a weapon of sorts to fuck around with his brother.
Our dog was deadly with her cone. Head down, barreling around the house, knee-capping anyone who got in her way.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Fucking a. I'm on the board of a local non-profit that conserves something like 1,000 acres of land and has had MTB riding for decades. One of the long-standing board members is now taking off on a toot against MTB use.
But why? Increased use?

Bike traffic I can understand being frustrating to some hikers, but for the most part and from what I see, bikers do quite a lot of good work. We're out there clearing and maintaining trails, most of us don't litter etc etc

Compare that to hikers who will just walk over or around fallen trees for the rest of time, drag their Tim Hortons cups 10km into the bush and leave them on random trees, build stupid rock cairns etc etc the list goes on!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey bruh. I've gotten up early every day this week, by design, and seem to be handling it ok. This morning I wanted to get outside for my 5 mile run before the brutal winds today kick into high gear, and with that I was mostly successful.

Re: the dog cone, I've found that using a muzzle in its place is a little more tolerable for the dog and they don't go as batshit crazy when it's on, and of course it makes less of a racket in the house.

But why? Increased use?

Bike traffic I can understand being frustrating to some hikers, but for the most part and from what I see, bikers do quite a lot of good work. We're out there clearing and maintaining trails, most of us don't litter etc etc

Compare that to hikers who will just walk over or around fallen trees for the rest of time, drag their Tim Hortons cups 10km into the bush and leave them on random trees, build stupid rock cairns etc etc the list goes on!
The person was a state forester for a long time. He got irritated a long time ago by pre-approved trails built in the Hinesburg town forest and has just carried that attitude forward. His idea of a proper trail is a logging road.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Weird dreams, but slept okay otherwise. Was going back to college and on the way had to help the victim of a wrong way head on car crash. He died. Then I joined the on-campus running club where people were training to run 50Ks? :confused:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The person was a state forester for a long time. He got irritated a long time ago by pre-approved trails built in the Hinesburg town forest and has just carried that attitude forward. His idea of a proper trail is a logging road.
What a grump.

Has he seen how a logging road or one of those 10 foot wide fancy gravel paths are built? :dead:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

going to take Baby Aya on an easy Green Mountain spin on the Mac Ride later

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Dammmmm. I was just checking out some trail reports and it looks like an old embankment dam in a local spot has failed and blown apart.

There was an old culvert in the ground, which I noticed looked to be plugged, with the water going around it, on Wednesday last week. I guess it finally got too saturated or over topped the embankment...

In the second picture, that's my bike leaning against the tree in the middle of the washout.

Dammmmm. I was just checking out some trail reports and it looks like an old embankment dam in a local spot has failed and blown apart.

There was an old culvert in the ground, which I noticed looked to be plugged, with the water going around it, on Wednesday last week. I guess it finally got too saturated or over topped the embankment...

In the second picture, that's my bike leaning against the tree in the middle of the washout.

The earth, left to its own devices, will restore itself.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

:wave:

Weird dreams, but slept okay otherwise. Was going back to college and on the way had to help the victim of a wrong way head on car crash. He died. Then I joined the on-campus running club where people were training to run 50Ks? :confused:
had a super stressful dream the night before last: I was on a plane and I had to go out onto the wing when it was flying and there was this treadmill-type thing going around part of the wing and for some reason I had to lie down on it and hold on to the sides while it was going around and around. wtf? i can still "feel" the sensation of going headfirst over the front edge of the wing holding on for dear life.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The earth, left to its own devices, will restore itself.
Very true. It interesting looking at it and seeing all the stumps in the ground, which were under water before.

Will be interesting to see what the Ministry of Natural Resources does with it... They were stocking the pond with trout, so someone down stream probably lucked out if they were fishing. :D

There is a video in this Facebook post, which shows the washout stopping within feet of a wooden memorial for someone that died a while ago. Kind of spooky...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Happy Safety Day 2022!!! Watching the corp worldwide video for safety day and I'm already wanting to kill folks.

As part of the safety day festivities is watching a video. Someone decided they needed to note "watching" in the chat as if someone asked or cared. Then everyone (like 200+ folks in the Teams meeting) decided they too needed to note that they were currently watching. Even though we were all asked to watch the video. :panic:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Morning Monkeys.

Happy Safety Day 2022!!! Watching the corp worldwide video for safety day and I'm already wanting to kill folks.

As part of the safety day festivities is watching a video. Someone decided they needed to note "watching" in the chat as if someone asked or cared. Then everyone (like 200+ folks in the Teams meeting) decided they too needed to note that they were currently watching. Even though we were all asked to watch the video. :panic:
Make sure you reply all