Quantcast

VB's war on beer

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Ground zero of the St. Patty's battle ended up being the Toronado, the site of many ferocious and heroic battles of the past. Our coed platoon of about 10 fought mightily for many hours against a never-ending onslaught of Guiness, Duvel, Speakeasy Hunter's Point Porter and Big Daddy, St. Fuillen, and others, with the occasional "friendly fire" Underberg to keep spirits soaring. When energy started to wane, rations were supplied in the usual dependable manner by Rosamunde sausage grill, which provided the boost we needed to finish the battle. The war, however, continues...

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
This past weekend was an especially large confrontation. Not necessarily in numbers...but in size and quality. My brother-in-laws brother :monkeydance: is up to no good by cloning soldiers to fight against. This leads to many good battles...but the morning after, the piper must be paid...

Many of their soldiers fell...I vaguely remember some obscure IPA's, barley wines, and some pale ales...All fought valiantly. All laid to waste. As our forces dwindled, the opposition just got stronger and stronger...

Until, finally....the General showed his ugly mug. Clear, pure, able to power Indy cars...that's right...good ole Nebraska moonshine. Fueled by beery courage, I had several sips from the jar. Not only could you eliminate your nasal passages off of the fumes, you could strip house siding, clean the grease off tank engines, and use it as a cleaning agent for surgical tools.

The battle still rages...

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Having war time discussions with a couple Wild Rose Brown Ale's right now. To this point everything seems to have been going quite smoothly. However, I smell a fourth coming into the room and it looks like things might deteriorate from here..

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i have so far taken down 2 long trail hibernators, only 4 remain. my plan of attack is to pick them off one by one as the night goes on until i finish them, fall asleep, or finish my work, whichever comes first.

a delicious foe i might add.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have not seen the enemy anywhere near my location in many weeks...I am very concerned about a sneak attack...some might even say paranoid...The strength and voracity are unknown...I am scared...

Don't worry I've been taking up the slack. I've slaughtered numerous enemy solders the past few weeks. The corpses are piling up in the house like firewood. I need to make a trip to the recycling center to dispose of them.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
don t let that gaylod mikeD and his photoshop beer photos fool you... a good solid 7 mph wind will blow him over...

get crunk foolz, my crunk challis overflows with the PBR nectar of the demons...

johnE... eat yam bag :P

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Well if Partsy is still fighting the good fight I guess I will re-enlist.

Boot camp this week, and then this weekend the war is on!

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
6 sierra nevada stouts have shown up to do battle. my plan is to take them down slowly and stealthily, one or two a night.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
tonight will be an uphill battle, 3.5 guinness extra stouts remain and i already feel weakened by their strength.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Planning a massacre for this Sunday with a few of my mates. It'll just be the locals attacking in a banzai charge to be easily mown down but you've got to have your sport every now and then.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
A friend is having a birthday party tonight. We are planning a long ride tomorrow and since he regularly brings the pain and drops us every chance he gets, our strategy is to get him so sloppy drunk that we have a chance of hanging with him. My personal contribution is a happy party pack of Chimay, Arrogant Bastard, Maudite, Fin du Monde, Duvel, and Saison Dupont. (Others are bringing whiskey and tequila.)

:beerjam:

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
took out a couple pbr tallboys tonight. to prove how tough i am i took one of them on while i was taking a shower.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
A friend is having a birthday party tonight. We are planning a long ride tomorrow and since he regularly brings the pain and drops us every chance he gets, our strategy is to get him so sloppy drunk that we have a chance of hanging with him. My personal contribution is a happy party pack of Chimay, Arrogant Bastard, Maudite, Fin du Monde, Duvel, and Saison Dupont. (Others are bringing whiskey and tequila.)

:beerjam:

Mission accomplished!! Dude never saw it coming, and suffered mightily on the bike the next day. Bwahahahahaha!!!

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
tonight will be the battle to end all battles...

1 night, 25 cans of busch heavy.

i think i'm going to be giving a bunch of those away...

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
i had sam adams summer ale for the 1st time today and thought it was a great beer. it goes down smooth with no after kick. i actually think i prefer it to the winter ale which is good ,but has a after kick to it and i prefer it than the black ale which tears me up the next day from drinking it.the boston lager still is my 1# choice though. it never lets me down.