MEN
1 - Brian Lopes (USA)
2 - Michal Prokop (CZE)
3 - Filip Polc (SVK)
4 - Gee Athertton (GBR)

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Kintner comes from behind to blitz the womens after the worst gate in history! Lopes hands Prokop his ass with a smooth pass for the win, he was stoked to say the least!

Atherton 3rd
Tsuhgg 4th (i think)!

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Gee pulled a sweet move on Graves in the semis to out sprint him to the line....Graves was pissed. Gee and Polc were the outstanding riders of the night. Pulled some big moves in more then one race. (Gee also had a flat as he out sprinted Graves to the line!

Prokop and Lopez where untouchable from the gate, so much power in their snap, the 3-4th pedal stroke is were they had the bang.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Pretty impressive with the speedy updates and video, nice work boys.
Yes, big thanks indeed! It is adding some much needed action to what would normally be a very long and boring day catching up on homework.

From the video it looks like Lopes got better backside than Prokop on that particular jump and that's all he needed to pass and keep the lead. Good stuff!

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
looks to me like the "mtb" portion of the course came into play...wet conditions and that rock garden had Prokop being a bit tentative i think,
BL just pins it around the outside of him instead of following him slowly through that section, good to see some MTB experience play out like that.
You can see it caught Prokop by surprise by how his flow got disrupted right after the pass was made, those points Prokop lost at Vigo could come back to haunt him?

Well done BL keepin it real for the Geritol crowd.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Yeah he pulls that weird move where he intentionally rear wheels the landing and starts pedaling sooner. Fast old weirdo!
Lopes had this to say about his run when asked following the race: "I felt good about my final run, would have liked to have the hole-shot but Prokop had a good start and beat me to the turn....just made a smart pass on him in the rocky section...and just tried to hammer down and get a gap on him"

rosenamedpoop

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
just Santa Cruz...
Lopes had this to say about his run when asked following the race: "I felt good about my final run, would have liked to have the hole-shot but Prokop had a good start and beat me to the turn....just made a smart pass on him in the rocky section...and just tried to hammer down and get a gap on him"
Yeah, just watched that pass a few times, B-Lo just pinned it outside through the rocks and Prokop had to brake to stay inside.

Patan-DH

Monkey
Jun 9, 2007
Patagonia
that course is SO similar to the one used in argentina in march for the UCI pan ams, if it rains im sure CVD, markolf and antonio will be having deja vus.
I race on that course (UCI pan ams) the week before the panamerican in the argentinian national. I got there on friday and raced it on saturday. Worst mistake ever was riding it without walking it first. I crashed like 4 times in my first ever run.
The track was steep and Grnaly but this world cup track at Champberry looks like more steep and with more turns.

I will not dare to ride that course. And if i did i will crash bad for shure.

Well, best luck to Daddy Monkey all the way from Argentina!

dbp

Chimp
Aug 26, 2005
damn... litter is at it again with QUALITY updates.. sick, sick, sick. Makes me want to be at the race and not stuck here in NZ working on a farm.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I'm confused. Where is he coming from in this pic? And where is the water coming from?

It looks like he's coming huck style off the rock in the background...but it looks like the rock is not even on course?

Is he pulling a hip from over behind the tree and throwing the back end around?

the F.H.B

Monkey
Jun 2, 2006
Syd, Australia
He's coming in from the left of shot, I'd say he he the puddle with his front on the way through causing the splash.
Polc's on it this year, a summer spent training in Australia is really paying dividends.