Quantcast

WC dh #2 Champéry

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand
given that race start order is slowest to fastest...is it possible that Peat + others are sandbagging THAT much to ensure they get an early start?

ridea

Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
south west of England
well tactical seeding or not two uk junior riders one in 5th and one in 7th insane. im not so sure threr isnt a bit of tactics in there though. 5 out of 10 aint bad right!?

edit... im atually looking at the times as they come in i think not the seading cos they just changed. Sam hills wayyyyyyyy up

answer somones earlier question, those were start times so a pre seeded from the last round, if nico had a crash it lasted about 5 years :rolleyes:

spinner

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
Australia
I think theres tactics in play here. No one wants to get caught out in the rain like Vigo and theres a chance of rain still.

The trick is to qual slow enough to get an early final run but still make the cut and not get eliminated. According to the weather radar , it's not raining at the moment. (Champery is just south of the big lake on the left)

Demomonkey

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Auckland New Zealand
given that race start order is slowest to fastest...is it possible that Peat + others are sandbagging THAT much to ensure they get an early start?
I think thats a possibility. The non-french teams may well be utilizing advanced weather forecasting like the french have been doing for years. Makes sense when it can make so much difference, unless you're Mr Hill of course and you ride it wet like you ride it dry!!

Mlody

Monkey
Feb 25, 2006
London - UK
1 HILL Samuel AUS 4:01.89
2 PASCAL Mickael FRA 4:16.45
3 GUARDIA PASCUAL B. ESP 4:16.86
4 PEDEMANAUD Fabien FRA 4:18.00
5 VOUILLOZ Nicolas FRA 4:18.91
6 FAIRCLOUGH Brendan GBR 4:20.96
7 LEOV Justin NZL 4:22.04
8 SPAGNOLO Damien FRA 4:22.53
9 BLENKINSOP Samuel NZL 4:22.72
10 MERMOUD Damien SUI 4:23.47

Is Hill sooo fast? or it's just the weather?

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Haven't heard this yet, but all my guys are still on course. Where'd you hear this? It looks like it may be possible, or else a LOT of people decided to get early starting spots due to the threatening weather?
someone is reporting it on the descentworld board....

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Just fired off some emails and texts to see if i can get some insight into this. What a screwup of epic proportions if it is true.

Final results should have been available by now however for the men, so something may indeed be up.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
kinda agree with you there Fraser, but live timings are only ever provisional which everyone tends to forget. Still makes things a bit crap though when things have to be corrected
Ya agreed, the live and actual results are on 2 different systems normally anyways. What is displayed can be really wrong, but the computer sorts it out in the end.