Quantcast

What are you reading?

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
same idea as the what are you listning to thread. What book are you reading right now?

I'm reading a book called the fight for jeruselem, and I also just started catch 22

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
nightmare town by dashiell hammett

sacred games by vikram chandra

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Reading three books at the moment
"In search of captain Zero" Allan C Weissenbeker
"A short history of nearly everything" Bill Bryson
"Martyrs Day" Micheal Kelly

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I'm in the middle of a bunch...

Hide and Seek by James Patterson
Mortal Prey by John Sanford
What Should I Do With My Life by Po Bronson
It's Only A Game by Terry Bradshaw

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Reading: "Into the wild" by Jon Krakauer, it's the story of Chris McCandless, the guy who went hitchhiking around the country and walked off into the Alaskan wilderness then died.

Listening to: "Between a Rock and a Hard Place" by Aron Ralston, he's the outdoorsman who had to self amputate his arm after it got trapped while he was hiking Blue John Canyon in Utah.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
I've got a couple going too:
The Shattering Light of Stars, by SE Hicks. I'm probably going to have to read it again to get my head around it. I went to school with the author and he was always kind of deep. I didn't realize how deep until I started reading this.

Brewing Up A Business, by Sam Calagione, founder of Dogfish Head Brewery. It's a business book, but it's also an interesting look at the brewing industry at the beginning of the craft brewing boom in the early '90s.

Brew Like A Monk: Trappist, Abbey, and Strong Belgian Ales and How to Brew Them and Farmhouse Ales: Culture and Craftsmanship in the European Tradition. Required reading for brewing better Belgian-style beers.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I had to stop reading the latest Stephen King book when some nipples met a can opener.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
< = previous
* = now
> = next

< "Shadows Fall" by Simon Green
* "Gods and Pawns" by Kage Baker
> "A game of thrones" by George Martin

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Take the Cannoli by Sarah Vowell. Similar to David Sedaris and f'ing hysterical!
I really like Sarah Vowell. I've read a few of her books and they're always good bets if you are the David Sedaris/David Rakoff/This American Life type.

Anyway, I am reading Wandering Home by Bill McKibben. Pretty good so far, if a bit lacking in detail. I actually found that one of my college friends is in the book, which is pretty interesting. I have about 30 books lined up to read after that.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Are you a nightside fan? Have you read any of the Dresden series?
You are my new favorite monkey! :thumb:

Yes, I've read the complete series of Nightside and Dresden books! Even watching the Dresden TV show.

I'm guessing you've read them or at least are thinking about it?

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
Just finished Ultra-Marathon Man by Dean Karnazes. Great book! Very inspirational. The guy's a freak.

Working on The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan. A little boring at start, but it's getting better.

BikeMike

Monkey
Feb 24, 2006
I'm on a strange non-fiction kick. Just finished "Blink" by Malcom Gladwell and "Freakonomics" by S. D. Levitt and S. J. Dubner, which I now think is a better book than I thought it was.
Next up are two from the following candidates:
"Basic Economics" by Thomas Sowell
"A History of Philosophy: Mediaeval Philosophy, Part1, Augustine to Bonaventure" by Frederick Copleston
"Collapse" by Jared Diamond
"The Tangled Wing" by Melvin Konner