Quantcast

what cars do mountain bikers drive?

Samson

Chimp
Apr 27, 2006
Car threads are good... I drive an '01 IS300.
What else would I drive? Probably an '02 Jaguar XJR with an LS7 (505 hp C6 Z06 motor) swap.
Hitch rack, of course.

That or an '87 Vanagon with a WRX motor.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Getting to thread late.

Current ride - Chevy Avalanche
Dream ride - pimped VW Thing

And SS would say that you can live on beer and bacon, you need wine too!!! Who's a lesbian?

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
JohnnyBoyDH said:
I wish....:rolleyes:

Forester STI...low 13 second 1/4 mile, 300 HP, Brembo Brakes, AWD SUV that can carry all my bike gear to the races sounds good to me.
those are popular here.

there are a couple around da hood.
and a couple racing rally under the "suv/trucks" division of the FIA rulebook.
awesome to see a locally built "truck" spank group n and ex-wrc cars on tarmac stages. :p

but the best subaru of all time (in terms of value/performance) imho, is the 98-99 impreza gt.
for 400 bucks, you put them on 13.1-13.3. and with a bigger pump, turbo and an apexi safc you can put them in the 12.5 and range reliably, and they corner like on rails.

oh yeah, my current car is a 06 yaris (the one that doesnt look so bad, i had the older one too) and a 68 camaro.
dream car? amg anything.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Current = 2000 Dodge Dakota SC 2wd 3.9L V-6 5spd

Ideal :think: My old 1988 Ford Ranger SC 2wd 2.9L V-6 5spd in pristine condition with zero miles on it, oh and air conditioning. :D Never had more fun in a vehicle. :heart:

Hauling bikes/friends/playing in the dirt/cruising aroud town. It was "just right"....with power nothing. ;)

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
RhinofromWA said:
Current = 2000 Dodge Dakota SC 2wd 3.9L V-6 5spd

Ideal :think: My old 1988 Ford Ranger SC 2wd 2.9L V-6 5spd in pristine condition with zero miles on it, oh and air conditioning. :D Never had more fun in a vehicle. :heart:

Hauling bikes/friends/playing in the dirt/cruising aroud town. It was "just right"....with power nothing. ;)
reach for the staaaaaaaars!

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Tame Ape said:
reach for the staaaaaaaars!
Haha
Seriously, my poor old Ranger was just worn out.....

It was just a fun rig to drive. All the rest of the crap is more to worry about, fix, watch depreciate, protect from being stolen, etc.

The old Ranger was just fun.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
onelesscar said:
blah, blah, blah

this is a bike site. my bike used to cost more than my car, which is the way things should be if your a real biker. then i sold my car and life got even better.
Sure thing sparky. Way to be a hardcore "real biker!". :rolleyes:

GeoffW

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Current - 04 Ram 2500 with Cummins power
- 98 Cherokee similar to the one in this thread, RE 3.5" Lift and some other fun stuff

Dream - 70 426 Challenger Convertible w/pistol grip - only 4 were made with pistol grip

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Current car: 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon. 50 mpg, baby!
(which is good as I drive 100+ miles a day... :dead: )

Here it is.. all decked out in "counterfiet MINI" stripes to go to a MINI club gathering...

Dream car? Too many to mention... varies with the time of day...