Quantcast

What no official Mont Sainte Anne WC thread yet?

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
One of the Dirt pit vids showed her in Canada talking about riding, but I haven't seen any vid of her and she wasn't listed on the timed practice sheets (of course it only listed 13 men, so clearly that doesn't mean much).
It wasn't from last year? There were some other mpora videos mixed in that seemed to be from last year...

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
yeah that girl must have really felt it...she didn't look to be in great shape when she sat up. I'm not sure of her name, saw her riding in france. hope she's ok
That's Myriam Nicole who had the big digger in the freecaster video. She didn't start qualifying, so maybe she is sore/hurt/broken!

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
Holy **** Hill is killing it! What time is Palmer off, very interested in seeing where he can place! Is there anyone out there who thinks he will fail to qualify?

Last edited:

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Wow, a thrashing so far by Hill. How bout Mio there in the girls? only .81 off Sabo. Great ride for little Mio!

-ska todd

Princess

Chimp
Jun 7, 2009
Utopia
Yeah, it'll be interesting to see where Palmer comes in, especially with him qualifying so late. I want to know what happened to Greg.

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I imagine Hill realises he needs to pick up points wherever possible if he's going to go after the overall. No more of this "take it easy in qualis" nonsense. When the boy is on he's certainly quick.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
A sprinkling during practice this AM, nothing right now. Cloudy and cool. Sweatshirts for everyone. Looks like the rain may get pushed back just in time for the XC bandits on sunday now? Changes everytime you look at it.

banj

Monkey
Apr 3, 2002
Ottawa, Ontario
The weather network shows 60-70% chance of shower all day tomorrow, but less than a mm accumulation for both morning and afternoon. There's also supposed to be 1-3mm overnight.

So nothing major, sounds like it just be light showers tomorrow.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
The difference in qualifying times is amazing! This is definitely separating the men from the boys.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Brendan came down yesterday and asked if anyone had a spare set of arms for him to run in his next practice run. The course is beating people up that much. The slippery, rooty tech bits are at the bottom for the first time in a few years here.

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Bernard Fairclough is right on pace it looks 2nd fastest split and am over thebars crash after leaving him in 8th. Another double Monster podium is on the cards. Anyoneknow more about the rumours that Sam doesn't wanna practice with Brendan anymore, even though they are friends, Sam wants to keep Sam's lines for Sam? Peaty is so solid, always there or there abouts. Tomorrow will be another cracker.

mccdh

Monkey
Sep 9, 2008
Comox
Seems like just last year the Canadians were ragging on the US for our depth at the WC's, not saying were kicking ass or anything yet but.... 8 US riders in the finals 4 Canadians. Looks like its time for the Northerners to pick it up!
Just thought I'd stir things up w/ some Sh&t talking :)
Canadians like their North Shore Hucks too much to focus on racing;)

nixhexss

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
New York
Bernard Fairclough is right on pace it looks 2nd fastest split and am over thebars crash after leaving him in 8th. Another double Monster podium is on the cards. Anyoneknow more about the rumours that Sam doesn't wanna practice with Brendan anymore, even though they are friends, Sam wants to keep Sam's lines for Sam? Peaty is so solid, always there or there abouts. Tomorrow will be another cracker.
Where'd you hear that? In one of the vids (I think Dirt's Thursday practice video) Brendan mentions he's practicing alone.

OBB

Monkey
Sep 25, 2008
Seems like just last year the Canadians were ragging on the US for our depth at the WC's, not saying were kicking ass or anything yet but.... 8 US riders in the finals 4 Canadians. Looks like its time for the Northerners to pick it up!
But Smith qualified faster than Gwin ;)

Really though, it's nice to see North America as a whole getting back into racing.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Where'd you hear that? In one of the vids (I think Dirt's Thursday practice video) Brendan mentions he's practicing alone.
you guys watch way too much reality TV... trying to find drama where there is no drama

Sam has to win here... and his preparation will be focused on nothing else. pretty simple really.

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
Aw, sweet man! As many qualifiers as New Zealand, must be exciting for you :thumb: