Quantcast

What Should Have Been & The Glory Days Of Downhill Thread.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Any of you still own a BMW or SUperCo? I think he still does DJ frames but not certain. How much do you think FTW would charge to make one of these or would he even do it? This is from VITAL.

Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 9.51.00 AM.png

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Fairly certain these are done for good... and have been for over 10 years.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Yeah, I think if I had $5-6K burning a hole in my pocket I would hit up FTW about doing an Aluminum version with some adjustability built-in.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Doc only ever sold hardtails under the superco name. The silencer sadly never made it to production. I think only the one prototype was ever made. And yea, it's probably been about ten years since he stopped making bikes.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I thought you were only allowed to put the inverted Avy fork or 8" Monster T on those?

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
I had a super monster on a yeti DH8, it was retarded. I replaced it with a shiver and sold the super monster to some kid in mount snow for $1,900 Canadian dollars(loonies). Then I partied my balls off with Buffalo Mike in Niagara Falls Ontario until the money ran out.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I had a super monster on a yeti DH8, it was retarded. I replaced it with a shiver and sold the super monster to some kid in mount snow for $1,900 Canadian dollars(loonies). Then I partied my balls off with Buffalo Mike in Niagara Falls Ontario until the money ran out.
What's funny is super monsters are still selling for over a grand. I hope your homoerotic adventure with buffalo mike was worth it.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
This thread inspired me to look up Rotec...wow, still making Lawwill concentric-pivot rides.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
A small part of me wishes I still had my '03 Monster T. I fucking loved that thing for all its ridiculousness.

I remember buying it from PricePoint and ordering using the tear-out order form from the catalog mailed in with a check because I didn't yet have a debit card/CC OR the internet. Jesus.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
I’m pretty sure Erik Hudson was basically riding the Brooklyn badged Silencer before the shit hit the fan. I’m sure he still has a few if they laying around in his garage.
I also know Geoff Ulmer raced a Silencer, not sure if he owned or kept the bike.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I’m pretty sure Erik Hudson was basically riding the Brooklyn badged Silencer before the shit hit the fan. I’m sure he still has a few if they laying around in his garage.
I also know Geoff Ulmer raced a Silencer, not sure if he owned or kept the bike.
Geoff was out west and doc let him ride/race it. Wasn't his bike.

I'd heard doc was working on an updated RL before he left, didn't know anything ever got made. I only remember erik riding the sr6/sr8, but that was after I moved back from the west coast, long after doc departed bmw.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
A small part of me wishes I still had my '03 Monster T. I fucking loved that thing for all its ridiculousness.

You actually want one? Got one chilling in the garage that I picked up to make a barstool out of, 10 years later no barstools have been created. It’s got scratched stanchions abd has leaked at least 1.73 Exxon Valdez’s worth of oil, but it’s still not empty

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Wonder if the 2 years I had The Monster T on my race bikes now makes me think all other forks are flexy....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yes.
Had '99,'00 and '02s
All were 175mm.
Still have one 02
the early gen ones were shorter. i think there may have been a few years that the shorter version was offered at the same time as the 200mm version, but eventually all switched to 200mm / 8 in. the super monster was only produced from '02 to '04, so the 200mm version of the regular monster existed prior to that.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
You actually want one? Got one chilling in the garage that I picked up to make a barstool out of, 10 years later no barstools have been created. It’s got scratched stanchions abd has leaked at least 1.73 Exxon Valdez’s worth of oil, but it’s still not empty
Hah, my buddy from high school still has his kicking around the shop still on his Bullit I think. If I really found the need or want for one I'm sure I could steal his. But I appreciate the offer.

For me that fork just brings back a lot of great memories of riding for me.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
2002 monster t had similar looks with the black and silver color scheme, but had the hollow arch still. 2003 was the first year with the solid arch M-arch and much bigger and beefier lowers.