Quantcast

Who has the best bike

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Hell yea Boxx, Fall Guys are some pretty sweet frames. And I agree, the cleaner the better. All the P. bikes that I've seen you build are siiick. The problem with high-dollar DJ/Street bikes though is that I would never ride one in fear of messing it up.

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
WKC, thanks. By the way, that airbrushing on the DJ lowers is smooooth, carrying the red through the hubs, rotors and lowers looks great. It gives me some ideas for another bike!

Oh, and the only thing better than building sweet bikes is beating them up and doing it again!

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Yea. I really liked how Merritt (WheelieMert) had the fork made into the colors of the rotor and hub, thats my favorite part of the bike. He's got some pretty badass paint on most all of the bikes he rides.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
my green CK is taking forever to get here! :rant:

Give me two weeks or so, and I'll have another entry for the prettiest ride thread haha!
I'm personally looking forward to Eric's and Fiddyriders new builds !
These are going to be some sweet bikes !!!

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
P.1

Upgrades since this photo:

Maxxis Holy Rollers
Green CK Headset
Hadley SS Rear laced to Sun Singletrack Urban Camo
DMR Revolver 20 mm laced to a Sun Singletrack Urban Camo

Thinking about upgrading to:
Shimano Saint Crankset
Specialized Lo Mag Pedals

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
I like my spec ed low mags, plus you can pick them up for around 70 dollars or less. I sprayed them white with some metal paint and they came out great.

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
Did you remove all the pins or just tape everything off? Pictures?
I removed the pins that can be removed(some are molded in). Removed the spindle and pluged up the ends to keep paint out of the bearings. I used a wire coat hanger and hung the pedals so i could do a couple of light coats of white. They came out decently pro looking for rattle can.

I dont really have photos of just the pedals but you can see them here:

Gl3N

Chimp
Jul 12, 2004
Ohio

Just got it together tonight and its raining so I havent got to ride it much yet :disgust1:

Also I am waiting on my New Z1 from Nemesis it will be here next week :monkeydance:

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
my only quam with the pike is the adjustment knobs sit so danged high on them, dunno if they'd clear the frame. In fact I haven't seen a frame they will clear yet without a ventana HS spacer...that's just my experience with them....although it'd be very cool to have a 65mm pike 454 air on a usb...light and burly enough for a smooth rider...

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
How much taller are the pike knobs than the ones on the Argyle? We have all kinds of clearance for an argyle on the newest generation frames.

Those three latest Molly's from USB1, Glenn and SB look great...

USB1 are you in NYC?

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
cool, i heard of modding a u-turn kit for 65-100mm of travel and thought a pike or tora with that travel would be cool on one of those frames.

i modded my pike for 65mm.. but the Uturn doesnt work anymore the way the mod is. its stuck at 65.. and theres no real way to make the uturn work again to d0 65-100mm, youd have to swap out the spring and find a way to fit the new spring permanently to the top cap. and it doesnt look like something you can do in your garage with hand tools and a dremel.

_*sTiTcHeS*_

Monkey
Apr 24, 2006
foes have a 160 or 165mm rear end so those i nines wouldn't fit. atleast the back on wouldn't and the front wouldn't either if he had the curnut front forks. they have a 30mm front axle or something big.

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
foes have a 160 or 165mm rear end so those i nines wouldn't fit. atleast the back on wouldn't and the front wouldn't either if he had the curnut front forks. they have a 30mm front axle or something big.

135 mm on my fly. Yeah those are the same wheels. The DT rims were weak for DH use so I decided to switch them over to sell the foes. they're hotter on the DJ bike anyway.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Sorry if I'm digging up a dying thread, but JUST got mine prematurely built up, gotta post it somewhere....

06 BlckMrkt Riot. Z1 Sport dropped to 70mm, Atomlab bar and stem on the way, as is an TrailKing seat, saving for some steel cranks and red ano'd chainwheel, as well as a bunch of other red ano'd details. Prob looking at a Pimp lite or MTX wheelset(I already have some MTX rims), looking for red spokes, but not paying for I9s. This is my "I'm an old hack looking to learn some new tricks" bike. It's gonna get hurt, just hopefully before I do!