Quantcast

Why has Acadian been so quiet lately...

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Acadian said:
unfortunately it doesn't have an Avalanche shock or a Cane Creek DB.

it also doesn't have Hope brakes - that might cause retina scars to some people. :rolleyes:

no Fox 40 either - guess I'm not "in"

:devil:
I do however notice an E13 stem.... :eek:

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
I also haven't been able to ride her yet since the tilt of my handlebars and fore-aft setting of my saddle hasn't been approved by Orven. I'm just waiting for the final blessings before taking her out for a spin.

Don’t be fooled by the nice weather – pic was taken in giant green house.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Man, he replied to everyone but me, he must be really pissed. I flaked, what can I say...I am a former bike business guy-it creates flake tendencies!

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Acadian said:
I also haven't been able to ride her yet since the tilt of my handlebars and fore-aft setting of my saddle hasn't been approved by Orven. I'm just waiting for the final blessings before taking her out for a spin.

Don’t be fooled by the nice weather – pic was taken in giant green house.

The skies just opened up again.

Take a good look though, this'll probably be the last rain between now and November.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
stiksandstones said:
Man, he replied to everyone but me, he must be really pissed. I flaked, what can I say...I am a former bike business guy-it creates flake tendencies!
because of you I had to go out and buy:
- some spy goggles
- TLD shorts
- 661 gloves
- Ray-Ban Sunglasses (since they are Brian HCM#1 approved)

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Luc, those tires aren't matching!!
Orange sidewall stripe....

oh and the weather here this last weekend was so-so..
Overlooking San Diego, The Bay and Coronado from Point Loma last Sunday. I'd say it's a good pre-ride breath of fresh air!

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Brian HCM#1 said:
Negatron on the Ray-Bans, Revo's all they way :cool:
crap...now I have to go return them

you guys are giving me headaches...

I will stop by the local hardware store on the way home and buy some black tar to cover that orange stripe.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
kidwoo said:
That's rad.

So uh, you guys ride bikes and stuff overlooking all that?

Seems distracting.
You can -on a road ride.

Nah, we went there to take a panoramic picture of San Diego for my Mom (for Mom's Day) so I can send it to her and make her realize how crappy Lakeland, Florida is -where she's at.

Then we went for an XC ride in the afternoon at the heart of NASCAR-land of San Diego in Lakeside/Santee.. that is the contrast.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Acadian said:
I will stop by the local hardware store on the way home and buy some black tar to cover that orange stripe.
black shoe polish works for temporary fix. I had to black out a Michilen sidewall when we were riding Tiogas... :p

Abe

Chimp
Sep 10, 2001
BORED OFF MY ASS
Acadian said:
Busy spending time with my new significant other. :thumb:

Hmmm.... The pics took a while to load, and I actually thought that Luc was serious about having a significant other :nope: How stupid do I feel???? :think:

Hehehehe... Nice bike Luc!!!!

-=Abe

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Salami said:
Hey!! I thought you didn't have one yet. :sneaky:
I used the pic you sent me to Photoshop it on! :sneaky:

Stoney: those are Yokohama AVS ES100 - Auto Innovations in Milpitas stocks them. not sure if they make them for stockers...my rims at 17" not 16" like the stockers.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Ian Collins said:
fine....I'll ask.....

how do you like it????
I find it SEXY - but too early to tell how it really performs.

Ian Collins said:
p.s....tires? :nope:
See, after running Michies for as long as I've been riding, decided it was time to try something different judge for myself instead of going off what’s being posted on forums…

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
xlr8r said:
I know what they are for. I just wondered why you had one on each side. You would think one would suffice.
one I bring down before every run to see how much travel I got on that specific run.

the other O-Ring leave alone - to see if I got full travel during the day of riding.

Nately27

Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Acadian said:
people have been asking for a pics of the bike built up - sorry, didn't have time to take any nice closeup shots.

pic of my two rides...

might those be yokohama tires??? they look like es100's...nice choice