Quantcast

World Cup #1 - Maribor, Slovenia.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Whoa. Is that stick figure drawing in your avatar really a woman giving a man head or is it one of those trick images when it's actually a giraffe scratching it's neck on a rhino?
I am really trying to see your giraffe/rhino picture there, spacegirl...

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
First real report is up on Transcend today with mini course write ups. I managed to catch a few minutes with BL to talk about this years plans as well, using it as a warmup for the freecaster coverage.

Does the aspect ratio seem mangled to anyone else? Working on last minute output issues.

Check it out at the link below for now (dirtydog is working on getting freecaster embeds to work in forum posts for me).

http://www.transcendmagazine.com/archives/2008/05/maribor-wednesd.html

ronan

Monkey
Dec 7, 2007
Toulouse, France
Yeah, the aspect ratio does seem off. alot.

Is that the quality what's going to be streamed? If so, any chance you could get some footage of some bike riding? heh

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Working on the aspect ratio today. They #s they gave us for compression must be off, as it looks like he has oval wheels. Working on this and shoudl have it sorted by morning back in North America.

This is not the stream quality. This is a 50% test compression/upload/server run. I purposefully got something up early to get my team up to speed on this. A hurdle or 2 left before tonight's footage.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Quality and sizing should be better, was a screw up on the website end of things. Lots of letterboxing now, will be gone shortly.

Course walking in an hour with Peaty and Minnaar.

ronan

Monkey
Dec 7, 2007
Toulouse, France
Have you moved to quicktime?

Yesterday I had no trouble streaming the video from the transcend website, now it won't play at all, now with the freecaster site it's asking me to install quicktime.

Isn't a problem but anytime I install quicktime (alternative or offical) freecaster crashes

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Have you moved to quicktime?

Yesterday I had no trouble streaming the video from the transcend website, now it won't play at all, now with the freecaster site it's asking me to install quicktime.

Isn't a problem but anytime I install quicktime (alternative or offical) freecaster crashes
Can you email me with your computer operating system and browser. Thanks. fraser@transcendmagazine.com

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
©2001;2924252 said:
the embedded vid on your site didn't play for me (i can hit play button, but it never loads). on freecaster site, however, i could watch it. fyi. xp/firefox - stoked for footy!!!
Same here, but it worked last night? Did you bOrke something?! Same browser/OS...

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
freecaster report:

-Transcend embedded-I hit play, nothing happens.

-Freecaster site: lopes video loads, but sh1tty quality and aspect is different than link you gave yesterday.

You know what machine I am on.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Alrighty freecaster guys at the office are working on junk. Apparently we have a new player coming to handle the load, it shoudl be ready tomorrow. Confusion stemmed from the fact that we have a pal and an NTSC camera. Recompressing tonight to fix. Sorry for the sketchy start.

Good news..live commentary provided by Rob Warner. :D Watch out women's 4x.

Full DH course preview is done with Julien Cammellini, who got 3rd here last year. Everyone is super stoked on the Dh. It is dry and sketchy and ridiculously fast. Lots of exposed roots this year, more than normal. Rock garden is actually tighter in some area, wider in others. Video is being imported as we speak.

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
gnar rocks! seems like way less dirt in there than the footy in transcontinental.

why is practice not until friday? don't they usually walk wednesday and have like 4 hours on thursday?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
©2001;2924511 said:
gnar rocks! seems like way less dirt in there than the footy in transcontinental.

why is practice not until friday? don't they usually walk wednesday and have like 4 hours on thursday?
The dirt is non existent in there now. It's all rocks and concrete.

It's not a triple event, so they have sliced the schedule down to nothing. 5 hours tomorrow (+ top 80 for 1hr), 4 hours saturday (+ top 80 for 1hr) then 2 hours race day + quali + race.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Yeah seems a bit rubbish, you'd expect a bit more at a World Cup! Still, I suppose it means the course wont be QUITE as shredded when I get to it on Monday :D

Rocks look rocky, roots look rooty, the steep bit looks flat :p

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Hey Fraser, what's the weather like out there, and what's the forecast for the next few days?