Quantcast

World Cup #1 - Maribor, Slovenia.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
DH preview clip will be up in about 15 mins. Not exactly what I wanted, but it's pushing midnight here and the video guy didn't shoot enough B roll of the actual terrain itself. Feedback would be appreciated. I think i have finally dialed in the weird pal settings.

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
DH preview clip will be up in about 15 mins. Not exactly what I wanted, but it's pushing midnight here and the video guy didn't shoot enough B roll of the actual terrain itself. Feedback would be appreciated. I think i have finally dialed in the weird pal settings.
You're right. More B-Roll would have helped see it. But, it's great the way it is. Really, helps you visualize what is going to go down there. Thanks.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
©2001;2925044 said:
www.mtbcut.tv has maribor day 1 clip up now, too.

so rad to stay at home and still feel like you're there.

[edit: many swears...watch the audio if you're at work, LOL]
that was awesome... glad to see cedric's back to his usual antics

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
good job fraser on the vid....the internet is keepin it real this year for MTB racing.
Can't wait for tomm.

For us USA goons, did anyone sign up for that swiss virtual IP or whatever it was posted in here, is that the solution for us?

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Yeah, good clip. I like how it's the 'same old ****' for Cedric! Pick a line and DOH!:huh:
©2001;2925044 said:
www.mtbcut.tv has maribor day 1 clip up now, too.

so rad to stay at home and still feel like you're there.

[edit: many swears...watch the audio if you're at work, LOL]

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
good job fraser on the vid....the internet is keepin it real this year for MTB racing.
Can't wait for tomm.

For us USA goons, did anyone sign up for that swiss virtual IP or whatever it was posted in here, is that the solution for us?
I'm going to try as a last resort for the 4x saturday night...still trying to find something for free but 5 bucks ain't bad if it works

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Course looks ****ing wicked, can't wait to ride it on Monday, if they keep it shut for some reason I'm gonna cry!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
i can't get it to stream properly on my mac....i downloaded that silverlight link and its still wacky
Same here. I got error 18 or something. I watched it on the hotel Slovenian keyboarded PC. Cedric is always on form. BTW his other writs is all mangled now, which no one has mentioned yet. Getting better, but he is in a brace for it.

spinner

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
Australia
i can't get it to stream properly on my mac....i downloaded that silverlight link and its still wacky
Copy and paste this into your browser:
http://www.mtbcut.net/bcplayer/maribor2008day1.htm
This will bring up a flash version.

I took the embed link on the right of the page then deleted everything outside of http: thru to .htm

I couldnt get anything to play at mtbcut tonight , yesterday was fine.

donkeyWC

Chimp
May 5, 2007
i can't get the mtbcut to work on my mac either. i did watch the quicktime interview covering the track on transcend though :)

edit: thanks spinner! that worked.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Note Cedric's bike there has spacers under head tube to get the front higher, thought that was interesting, is the 4X a fast course?
I think what you are seeing is the bottom of the eccentric headtube sleeve. It adds about 6 or 8mm below above the lower headset cup.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
I think I could really do without ever seeing actual race footy...I LOVE seeing good training/practice footage though. Seems that's where you really get to see what makes the riders. There's the "just go" guys and then the calculated ones who take into account every single rock placement and positions through corners, etc... so any prerun clips are much appreciated. I loved the course footy!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Practice footage is on tap for today. Being captured to HDD now, will be a few hours until it is ready, hopefully by 5pm eastern. Little bit of helmet cam, little bit of commentary, lots of shredding.

Maribor is GMT +1 so 6 hours ahead of EST time and 9 ahead of Pacific.