Quantcast

World Cup #1 - South Africa

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Does that mean the Kovariks need to get a divorce?
Lucky for them, Nigel doesn't fall into the category of an industry goon running a race team.
But notice she was not on the team last year ;)

Speaking of them, super excited for Chris and Claire this weekend, judging by their last weekend results.

Chain reaction team is rad.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
nope. was helping her look for a ride this year, but there's no openings ANYWHERE. baaaad season to look for a factory ride.. especially for a girl. Considering the likes of Bryn Atkinson, Amiel Cavalier, Jill Kintner & more couldn't find a ride.. there was no chance for little trace.
honestly, i would be surprised if she's done w/ racing internationally altogether... which would be a bummer for sure.
too bad...she was purty to look at

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California
Yes, no Bryn on entry list for WC this weekend. I thought with myself I was forgeting someone.
yah, been speaking to bryn the past few days. he finally got his visa sorted to return to the states. He'll be on a PT world cup schedule this year (since he's gotta pay for it himself). Most likely see him at about 5 or so WC's this year.. & a mix of Pro GRT, Fluidride, MSC. His goal this year is to get a ton of coverage.. basically working to get a ride for '10. He'll be at Sea Otter too!

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
"Word is that it's 35lb with lots of Ti nuts and bolts."

That quote + Kovarik winning last weekend might be the start of the end of the "but why bother with light bits, Gee's bike weighs 41lb" posts :D

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
"Word is that it's 35lb with lots of Ti nuts and bolts."

That quote + Kovarik winning last weekend might be the start of the end of the "but why bother with light bits, Gee's bike weighs 41lb" posts :D
might want to wait to see who wins the 'real' race. I'd give less credit (meaning zero) to the weight of Kovariks bike and more to how strong and fit he is; among other things.

Last edited:

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Guess the only couple allowed to date while being on the same team was Sabrina and Sam. Can't really say much when they were both World Champs when they were dating each other.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Guess the only couple allowed to date while being on the same team was Sabrina and Sam. Can't really say much when they were both World Champs when they were dating each other.
That was an issue at first....according to RM here.

Seems to me it would save money. But would keep the goons from getting any "potential" action i guess....:monkey:

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Yeah, those Athertons are from the UK and not WV or else they could have killed two birds with one stone.

Seems to me it would save money.
From experience, yes, two hotel rooms for a team is indeed cheaper than three!

-ska todd

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
If World Cup wins went to those who "deserve it" there'd be 80 guys winning every weekend.

-ska todd

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
What I'm getting at is that damned near everyone who humps their ass 1/2 way across the earth to race a bike for 3 minutes at an elite level "deserves" to win. If you are at a World Cup you should be fast. Stains is a great guy. So are most of the other 79. Being a nice guy doesn't mean you should win, nor does being a db mean you should lose. No one "deserves" to win four days before the race. Someone "deserved" to win on Sunday afternoon after the last racer breaks the beam. That's when the job is done.

-ska todd

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
Sure, but Steve Peat "deserves" to win a rainbow jersey before he calls it quits.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Sure, but Steve Peat "deserves" to win a rainbow jersey before he calls it quits.
deserving and earning are two different things.... sam's run at worlds last year sure deserved a gold medal, but gee's run earned it.

victory goes to the man who gets the job done

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
This seems to be the year of matching colours.

If your colours don't match, don't come to the game.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
The Duct tape matches their paint scheme on the rear triangle. Not too noticeable far away.