Quantcast

kellyn7

Monkey
Apr 12, 2005
San Diego
Excellent race! Congrats to Rachel, Sam B, and Minnaar! Well folks now i guess we're due for a few of those "Sam Hill Specialized threads" boo!!!!!!

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
BLINKY FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YETI tearing that sh!t up
Congrats to blenkinsop, leov with a 6th and I think Gwin hit top 10?
I was impressed with Stik.
Don't try and match Rob and you will be one of the best co-announcers anywhere.

Great job to freecaster, can't wait for next year

kellyn7

Monkey
Apr 12, 2005
San Diego
No complaints on the commentary, reminded me a lot of when Dennis Miller tried to do Monday Night Football though. Good job by all though even it took Freecaster a lil' while to get it together.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Podium live video up shorty, still running live on massive-mag.tv
They will go all the way till the end.
Great site.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
So, Gwin 2 top 10s in his first year riding a mountain bike. Anyone else thinks that that makes our sport look a bit weak, and we should all jack it in and get into MX/SX? ;)

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
So, Gwin 2 top 10s in his first year riding a mountain bike. Anyone else thinks that that makes our sport look a bit weak, and we should all jack it in and get into MX/SX? ;)
I just think it means we need to stop worrying about being cool is this hobby we call DH racing and really start taking things serious, coaching, training and so forth.

mccdh

Monkey
Sep 9, 2008
Comox
wow. big props to blenki. for the win. congrats to greg for such a great season. and huge props to rachel for capping off her season with A HUUUGE WIN, almost 14 seconds.

on another note, i was able to watch the whole race womens-mens without too much trouble on an embedded player on nsmb.com

evolutionbike

Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
Baltimore
That Massive-Mag feed is great, not sure how it was able to stay afloat. Awards are also on Freecaster, I never turned it off and it just kept playing.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Love the fact that Hill's wearing those whacked out Zuba-esque pants . . . you know all the muppets will be rolling those retarded things next year. Gonna make for some good laughs!
And you'll still be taking DH practice wearing your camel back, so i guess we can enjoy the laugh together :cheers:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
That seems very unlikely. You don't need a blazing fast connection to stream this a regular DSL connection would be sufficient.

You need to setup your servers right though.

You need something like this:

WC-race feed ---DSL-line---> Freecaster Main Server ---LAN---> Freecaster servers ----High-capacity internet connection---> clients

If they got a connection like this already it's likely either their servers can't handle the load or their "high-capacity internet connection" can't.
Completely incorrect. The problem is the feed on site. We need 2mb SDSL in order to get our HD stream out. Anything under 2mb upstream and we have issues. sdsl != your home adsl connection.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
And you'll still be taking DH practice wearing your camel back, so i guess we can enjoy the laugh together :cheers:
Laugh all you want . . . I'll take function over fashion all day long. I kill myself in the gym over the winter so I can do 10-12 practice runs the day before a race, and I hate stopping for food, water, or tools when I'm in a groove.

. . . plus it's a proven fact - you can huck gnar-er drops with a camelbak. :rockout:

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
it is a shame they only showed from the step down to the finish... the top half of the track is probably the finest 2 minutes of DH track anywhere. is is flat out full speed and corners out of the gate, some big jumps, etc... i counted 28 corners before the step up when walking the first day

the second half of the track gets way way steeper than you can see on video, i was pretty shocked when i got here. all those woods are steep and with tree rootes the size of your leg. where brendan fell is a double drop out of the woods, and the open slope stuff from there to the finish had braking ruts and holes knee deep

all in all that was one rad track, the mud did not get to slippery but the rain made the track so rough and the holes huge, tacking a full run was so tiring, and most riders arms were numb with a minute still to go.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Sounds like a sick course and fun race. 112 in qualifying is nothing to be ashamed of on a course like that with so many riders having raced it 4-5 times before. :thumb: