Quantcast

World Series discussion thread

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
I have direcTV in HD, but here's the thing. You can only choose one of two boxes. An HD box or a DVR box. Since we have an HDtv, we went with the HD box, but I miss the DVR box I had w/ comcast and I got HD digital cable. But then, w/ cable you cant get all the NFL games. You really cant have it all.
Just had Directv installed earlier this week and they do have HD DVR receivers. Don't know what they offer for upgrades but you want the HR20 receiver.

UNHrider - do you have a QAM tuner in your tv? If so, connect your cable directly to the tv and have it scan for digital channels. Some cable providers will put the networks on even if they aren't your regular local affiliates. They're not supposed to do it but you also wouldn't know they are there unless you do the scan.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
My wife looked at me last night absolutely dead serious and said,
"Do they have that 10 run rule in the pros where they get to go home?"
After wiping tears of condescending laughter out of my eyes, I said
No, they have to play all 9 innings even when it is not even close to a competitive game.
That game was straight up batting practice.:twitch:

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Well, since Cleveland knocked the D-Backs out, my left Achilles tendon is safe for another year. I ruptured the right one when the D-Backs won theirs, and wifey told me she'd leave me if I did it again. Maybe that would be a good thing? That is, if another AZ team won a championship (maybe the Sun Devils???)...........

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
I like how the sox started playing all their backup guys so they could "get some world series playing time" Ouch

I've got a theory. The rockies new that Becket would win so they didn't bother wasting a good pitcher in a game against him.
What's up with the Becket curve ball that he throws right at the batter's head? Ouch!

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Well, since Cleveland knocked the D-Backs out, my left Achilles tendon is safe for another year. I ruptured the right one when the D-Backs won theirs, and wifey told me she'd leave me if I did it again. Maybe that would be a good thing? That is, if another AZ team won a championship (maybe the Sun Devils???)...........
Erm...Colorado, sunshine.

That had to be one heck of a celebration...I've only seen peeps blow Achilles' on the football field...

Go sox.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Colorado, welcome to Boston.

As much as I loved watching the Sox lay waste to Colorado, it is a little dissapointing that this isn't looking like much of a series, at least so far as you can judge from one game. Rockies had nothing.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
1-0 Rockies. It'd still be 0-0 if Schilling had covered 3rd when he was supposed to.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
down by one, two out, two on... much better game tonight.

Did anyone see that split Helton, first baseman, did to make that catch? Holy crap, that looked painful.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
One thing I have never understood about baseball. It seems that the batters always take more time to get ready than the pitchers. On that one really important full count 2 out pitch why doesn't the pitcher throw early when the batter is not ready? It seems that most batters are still in the box when the pitcher can throw yet they choose to wait for the batter.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
One thing I have never understood about baseball. It seems that the batters always take more time to get ready than the pitchers. On that one really important full count 2 out pitch why doesn't the pitcher throw early when the batter is not ready? It seems that most batters are still in the box when the pitcher can throw yet they choose to wait for the batter.
beats me. In football, they purposefully try to fake out the other team all the time.

Is it a rule or just professional etiquette.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I'd imagine a hurried pitch would be a disaster. Hard enough to effectively hit the strike zone as-is, isn't it? Batter can set up quickly, pitcher still needs to have a full delivery and the catcher has to be ready for it.