Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Russia launched a bunch of missiles at Ukrainian cities. Two of them hit targets in Poland killing two people.

I'm guessing the finding out part of fucking around this time is going to get 'splody.

two-one

Monkey
Dec 15, 2013
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Russia launched a bunch of missiles at Ukrainian cities. Two of them hit targets in Poland killing two people.

I'm guessing the finding out part of fucking around this time is going to get 'splody.
A lot of NATO meetings the coming 24 hours...
I hope they can find a good compromise between nuke-em-all, and let-putin-do-whatever-he-wants...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Yeah, but what/how to replace it?
For starters, dismantle their nuclear arsenal, scuttle their navy, destroy space ports, ground all airforce. Hang every single member of the current government and army leadership. Return recently occupied territories to their previous owners, turn Königsberg into neutral EU territory. Establish UN-oversight over their government and natural resources. Cripple their military in return of guarantees of enforcement of newly established borders.

I am sure there are ways to neuter this rabid dog.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
For starters, dismantle their nuclear arsenal, scuttle their navy, destroy space ports, ground all airforce. Hang every single member of the current government and army leadership. Return recently occupied territories to their previous owners, turn Königsberg into neutral EU territory. Establish UN-oversight over their government and natural resources. Cripple their military in return of guarantees of enforcement of newly established borders.

I am sure there are ways to neuter this rabid dog.
You forgot about the how and perhaps how successful we have been in "nation building"

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Btw. when this Polish bombing story blows over, I am expecting an influx of overwhelmingly depressing, extremely disturbing and crushing stories about the russkies brutality in Cherson. :(

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
(West) Germany, Japan and South Korea turned out OK-ish, no?

There is a common thread there. Completely destroy the country, pay to rebuild the country, protect said countries from an even larger existential threat. Korea was a little different as we were not at war with Korea but kind of a civil war and lets be honest, Korea was a US backed totalitarian shit show for many many decades after the war. What South Korea has morphed into took a lot of time and is a pretty unlikely success story.

Also none of those countries had the worlds largest nuclear weapon stockpile. There has been a lot of saber rattling in Ukraine but have no doubt that Putin and the Russian military would use nuclear weapons in defense of their own existence. It is literally their official well documented and communicated doctrine, as it is for every other nuclear capable state.

So take your plan, trick Putin into giving up nuclear weapons, invade Russia, go to war with China, convince Russia that China is a bigger threat than the West. What could go wrong? Just remember to duck and cover.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
There is a common thread there. Completely destroy the country, pay to rebuild the country, protect said countries from an even larger existential threat. Korea was a little different as we were not at war with Korea but kind of a civil war and lets be honest, Korea was a US backed totalitarian shit show for many many decades after the war. What South Korea has morphed into took a lot of time and is a pretty unlikely success story.

Also none of those countries had the worlds largest nuclear weapon stockpile. There has been a lot of saber rattling in Ukraine but have no doubt that Putin and the Russian military would use nuclear weapons in defense of their own existence. It is literally their official well documented and communicated doctrine, as it is for every other nuclear capable state.

So take your plan, trick Putin into giving up nuclear weapons, invade Russia, go to war with China, convince Russia that China is a bigger threat than the West. What could go wrong? Just remember to duck and cover.
Your world looks different to you as an American compared to nations that happen to be way too close to russia - the risk is worth it because the alternative is worse and, eventually, inevitable.

I believe the only reason the nuclear weapons are off the table is that china told russia the moment they use them, China walks into the russkies far east. Which will, inevitably, happen anyway, too.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Your world looks different to you as an American compared to nations that happen to be way too close to russia - the risk is worth it because the alternative is worse and, eventually, inevitable.

I believe the only reason the nuclear weapons are off the table is that china told russia the moment they use them, China walks into the russkies far east. Which will, inevitably, happen anyway, too.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

why not euro countries....

since all we do is fuck things up...

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
why not euro countries....

since all we do is fuck things up...
Perhaps. I am sure Germany would find a way how to make a couple of Euros in the process.

No, but attempting to dismantle the Russian state by force does.
The russian state is way less homogenous that you think. There will always be opportunists and big mouths who will prefer survival to the alternative. The holy war bullshit is just that - no one really believes it over there.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Who says America should pay for it? There are plenty of natural resources in the russkies territory.
excuse me....i thought saving the planet came first....

annnd....

dick move....been down that road before...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Perhaps. I am sure Germany would find a way how to make a couple of Euros in the process.

The russian state is way less homogenous that you think. There will always be opportunists and big mouths who will prefer survival to the alternative. The holy war bullshit is just that - no one really believes it over there.

Yevgeny Prigozhin seems capable. That should fix things.