Quantcast

WWIII thread

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Reading up a bit more on Rostov, appears it’s the only rail hub that leads to large portions of the front in Ukraine. If the war continues, it will absolutely have to be blessed by whoever hold Rostov.

Next big question, what’s going to happen in the Middle East and Africa. Russia has been spreading their version of diplomacy all over the place using Wagner, I have a hunch this little spat may cause friction in the African operations as well.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
I was thoroughly convinced all of Prigozhin‘s provocations were just for western consumption, but this has turned into something else entirely.

Putin, who rarely comments on current events, just gave a „stabbed in back“ speech. Those usually have some really bad outcomes further down the line, but I’m all here for the disintegration of Russia - haven’t heard a peep from Kadyrov and I’d imagine regions like Dagestan are pondering their options as well.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
2021 Russia has second strongest military in the world

2022 Russia has second strongest military in Ukraine

2023 Russia has second strongest military in Russia

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Prigozhin says it’s over:

“They were going to dismantle PMC Wagner. We came out on 23 June to the March of Justice. In a day, we walked to nearly 200km away from Moscow. In this time, we did not spill a single drop of blood of our fighters. Now, the moment has come when blood may spill. That’s why, understanding the responsibility for spilling Russian blood on one of the sides, we are turning back our convoys and going back to field camps according to the plan.”

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Bullshit civil war is bullshit. I wanted to see a battle for Moscow.

Probably still pretty good for Ukraine, Wagner more or less dissolved, those that took part in this get to fuck off back home, those that didn’t sign MoD contracts. Wagner had more success than any other units in Ukraine, due to the shitactular Russian General staff, now those Fuckwitts are running everything.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Bullshit civil war is bullshit. I wanted to see a battle for Moscow.

Probably still pretty good for Ukraine, Wagner more or less dissolved, those that took part in this get to fuck off back home, those that didn’t sign MoD contracts. Wagner had more success than any other units in Ukraine, due to the shitactular Russian General staff, now those Fuckwitts are running everything.
Wanker's successes such as they were, was more due to wanker being able to use human wave/disposable soldiers tactics than anything else.... it took over a year to semi kinda take Bakhmut from a smaller Ukrainian force.
I also doubt the run of the mill wanker mercenary, will just be allowed to wander off home.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
He already pretty much committed suicide, it's just a matter if he delivers the coup de grâce at his own hand. I would think Putin would want it to be as terrifying as possible.
Also demonstrates how vulnerable Putin is, Prig walking away from the situation with just a mild state of exile.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Russians in Rostov aren't happy about Wagner leaving, demonstrations in the streets. Really tells you all you need to know. Silence when it comes to invading, sending countrymen wholly unprepared to a meat grinding and committing war crimes, happy to root on a guy who is a more violent psychopath who is better at sending Russians to certain death.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Unpleasant thought of the day for you.
Putin moves nukes to Belarus as it's run buy an easily controlled groveling vassal.
Putin moves psychotic butcher with a private army of criminals that he lost control of to Belarus.

What could possibly go wrong with that combo.......

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

So weirdly small world here...back in like 2004 I was obsessed with becoming a navy SEAL and there was a small forum for other nerds who shared the same goals. I found a couple of them and we got together to do an adventure race which ended in abject failure halfway through with miserable planning, overconfidence, and distinct lack of preparation. None of us ended up succeeding in becoming SEALs, but I think one of the dudes is mentioned in the article above and the quotes and actions of the guy pretty closely match real life. Sounds like he made it through Afghanistan and Ukraine as well, so that's great, but wow- too weird.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Strava kills. Commander of submarine Krasnodar, which was used repeatedly to fire missiles at Ukraine, was shot while on a run in Russia, likely thanks to his use of the app.

IMG_6479.jpeg

IMG_6480.jpeg

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
In fairness to Eric, he's not a desk jockey like most of us and does actually have to head out and do stuff during daylight hours :D

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Yeah, it is dangerous to read threads you are posting to while driving.
Fuckers are constantly trying to kill me out there..I pick up a quadriplegic in Oakley 4 days a week and have to take a two lane mt pass: Vasco road 4 times a day (out and back)to do that run. In the past two weeks on the morning run I have been detoured by head on Fatal accidents last one was yesterday with two dead. This afternoon a fuck wad in a Chrysler 300 decided that he missed his eastbound turn at Camino Diablo so he flipped a U turn across the double yellow right in front of me Thankfully I have new tires and brakes as I was doing 65mph. ABS was chattering and I missed impacting by 20 feet. I read the net on my break time. Only thing showing on my phone while on the road is google maps and the phone is in a dash mount.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Russian cruise ship arrived in Georgia and got such a warm welcome from the locals (go fuck yourself) it had to depart early.

1690571074309.png

My cockles have been warmed