Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
You guys missed a great day at the BMX track. All of the proceeds went to Tara Llanes for her recovery. The treat of the day was the Pro race. 2006 UCI World Champ Javier Colombo was on the gate. Damn those guys pin it!

Even better than the Pro race was watching me get schooled by an 8 year old kid in the Cruiser race. Damn kid was pulling no look moto whips on me! Time to practice!

brenth

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Santa Monica
anyone up for a malibu shuttle on sat? Its been two months off the bike and in baby land, so I'm gonna be slow, but I need to get back on the bike.

bneall

Monkey
Aug 23, 2006
Culver City
i know there are a few different routes, ive only been on one.. i think the short one.

I slammed my knee pretty bad at the whoops, so I might be out on this one.

overtheedge

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
burbank ca.
well, back from a little over a week in mammoth and was really amped about the nor cal riding, until i talked to adam today....i hate him! i hate him! i hate him! i hate him! o.k. i don't hate him, i'm just really really jealous....... his whistler, north shore adventures sound dow right sick. glad to have you guys back in one piece.
sounds like no malibu for us..........oc time

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
well, back from a little over a week in mammoth and was really amped about the nor cal riding, until i talked to adam today....i hate him! i hate him! i hate him! i hate him! o.k. i don't hate him, i'm just really really jealous....... his whistler, north shore adventures sound dow right sick. glad to have you guys back in one piece.
sounds like no malibu for us..........oc time
I know the feeling W4S is in whistla for weeks as well. Spoke to him last night, weather predict was clear for days.....

OC? Where? When?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
edgy - san juan. saturday in the a.m (no specific time yet). werd.

whistla was ok (i was sick, so i didn't have as much fun as i would have liked to). THE SHORE was everything. i need another fix. now please. i rode Upper Oil Can to Ladies only and i'm still high.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Mmm...San Juan sounds mighty good. Let me know once you guys confirm a time.

Brenth, think you can make an OC trip?

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
So dude..

any Whistler/Shore pics from this trip?
pretty please

edgy - san juan. saturday in the a.m (no specific time yet). werd.

whistla was ok (i was sick, so i didn't have as much fun as i would have liked to). THE SHORE was everything. i need another fix. now please. i rode Upper Oil Can to Ladies only and i'm still high.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
san juan at 8am saturday.

as for the whistler/shore pix - there are only two or three. we spent too much time riding. i got to hang with my buds; andrew shandro and katrina strand, and i met and rode with tyler "super t" klauson. i love whistler.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
san juan at 8am saturday.

as for the whistler/shore pix - there are only two or three. we spent too much time riding. i got to hang with my buds; andrew shandro and katrina strand, and i met and rode with tyler "super t" klauson. i love whistler.
Is the meeting spot at the bottom by the Oak trees past hte ranger station?
Im in, the wifes starting to cramp so I cross my fingers I can get 1 more ride before Mr. mom starts. :D

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Anybody have a map link to where San Juan is?
link on mtbr is
http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-states-trails/california-trails/california-la-area/trail/PRD_165508_4520crx.aspx

as bullcrew said, you will make a left at the ranger station and head into parking at some oak trees. it is permit parking (you can buy day passes for $5), but they rarely ticket and it isn't a ticket that goes on your record (i got one and have yet to pay it, with no issues). i have a parking pass now :busted:

damn, i'm trying to recall the shuttle drive to the top. i remember you make a turn at the candy shop, but that is all i can recall. Edgy - post up with some info. also, tell me you are coming.

anyone else got the jitters about the pending rain?

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Last time I was there, they didnt have permits for sale on site. You had to either buy @ the Ranger station or at a REI or a Big 5 prior. Dont know if any of that has changed.

I woudnt worry too much about the rain Mandown, thats when San Juan is at its greatest. =)

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
I'll be there at 8AM. There should be onsite permits available near the restrooms at the bottom, where we'll meet. The shuttle to the top is actually past the Candy Store but since I'll be there no worries.
Just trying to decide if I should ride the trail bike or the DH. Are we plannning on the pedal section or the push up. The pedal section is tough on DH bikes but if folks want, we can split and meet at cocktail.

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
Ok, I'll bring the DH bike and you, bullcrew and myself will do the push for sure.

Since it's arather eary ride for SJT, bring bells if you have them and be prepared for the uphill crowd.

As long as it's not pouring, sjt is good in light rain.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
bad news kids - a bunch of us are backing down. i'm out. overtheedge, kickstand, and bullit21 are out too. the weather, combined with illness, combined with the San Diego Red Bull event traffic, combined with a few other factors has resulted in a now show for a bunch of us.

big b - the trail doesn't need a full face.

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
Edgy, Bullcrew...you guys still up for this ride?

You anywhere near the OC big b?
weather.com says 40% tonight and early AM sat.
If you guys still want to do this, later in the day the forcast is sunny.
I'd be down for early afternoon. SJT after the rain is tops plus very few uphillers.

Let me know by 9pm tonight.