Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
the warning is supposed to be lifted tonight.. so it should be open for access starting tomorrow
what day for Wilson fools?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
there is a crew doing a 7am start time for meeting at the bottom. not sure if i'm in 100% yet, but probably likely.

here is the forestry service announcement:
Angeles National Forest to End Temporary Emergency Closure
The temporary emergency closure that was put into effect for the Angeles National Forest on October 23, 2007, will be terminated on Thursday, November 8, 2007. The Angeles, along with the Los Padres, San Bernardino and Cleveland National Forests (NF), implemented the temporary closures during the recent fires due to extreme fire danger, and to protect public health and safety. These closures were left in place last weekend due to Santa Ana winds and on-going fire-related activities.
http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/angeles/

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
let us start a later train. what time? also, gonna need shuttle vehicles. j's truck is not a reliable option at this point (it may be later, but we are not betting on it).

who's in and how many bikes can we haul?

bneall

Monkey
Aug 23, 2006
Culver City
i think 8-ish would be reasonable... 8 or 8:30

like i told pavel, it would be sweet to drop by web, if just for a 1 or 2 quick shuttles.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
8am works for me. that extra hour will be critical :)
i'll double check with j.

rollcall -
mandown is in & hauls 2 or 3 bikes (pull the wheels off kids) + riders - 4 bikes may be w/o riders & i have a forestry parking pass. i can also pull 5 riders, no bikes (maybe 5 riders +1bike)

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
See you guys tomm @ 8. The mountain is bound to have some heavy heavy traffic. Bring your bells and streamers.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
brenth is coming as well...
his Maxima is capable of taking 4 bikes, and 4 riders

so sounds like
mandown
abstrakt51
bneall
blender
brenth

3 cars

overtheedge

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
burbank ca.
brenth is coming as well...
his Maxima is capable of taking 4 bikes, and 4 riders

so sounds like
mandown
abstrakt51
bneall
blender
brenth

3 cars
i'll try to head out......truck is already spoken for but ill see what i can do, the tahoe holds a few bodies plus bikes if thats what i end up bringing

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
I've got work but how about Bellflower BMX? Cruiser's race for $5.

Practice starts at 5:30pm racing at 7pm.
not gonna make it to bellflower. maybe simi this friday? i did ride kenter though and wow it's a lot different than 2 years go. it was still super fun though

brenth

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Santa Monica
I'm out, I was a fool and scheduled my motorcycle class this weekend. If I have to reschedule it won't be until late dec now. That and the fact that the wilson ride messed my day up, and told me I need to ride more. I would probably die if I tried.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
great question. last weekend's wilson ride was a disasterpiece. there must have been three or four dozen riders. i had four flats and broke my pump. fvck!!!

we seem to be in a rut:
sully, chumash, wilson, stunt, repeat...
who's got fresh dirt? i like these
Sturtevant Camp
Redbox to Switzter (needs parking passes)
Chilao - never done before, but heard it is a good bit of pedaling, but not an XC deathride

haven't done viper in a while and there are one or two other Santa Clarita trails out there. overtheedge - what is the one we did where we had to stop at the ranger station to drop the kids off at the pool? it should be cool enough to do it this time of year, yet not have our camelbaks freeze over like they did last time.

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
great question. last weekend's wilson ride was a disasterpiece. there must have been three or four dozen riders. i had four flats and broke my pump. fvck!!!

we seem to be in a rut:
sully, chumash, wilson, stunt, repeat...
who's got fresh dirt? i like these
Sturtevant Camp
Redbox to Switzter (needs parking passes)
Chilao - never done before, but heard it is a good bit of pedaling, but not an XC deathride

haven't done viper in a while and there are one or two other Santa Clarita trails out there. overtheedge - what is the one we did where we had to stop at the ranger station to drop the kids off at the pool? it should be cool enough to do it this time of year, yet not have our camelbaks freeze over like they did last time.
Nothing like a Wilson run with 25 of your closest riding buddies.

Sturtevant is supposed to be fun but a really long shuttle. You park in Monrovia (8 miles east on the 210 from JPL) and drop off at the top of Wilson. I've never done the ride but friends that have enjoy it.

Chilao looks very interesting too. I'd be willing to try it.

Redbox to Switzer's if fun. I've done it in the opposite direction and the shuttle wouldn't be too bad. I have 2 adventure passes.

Early Sunday Redbox to Switzer's run?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i've got an adventure pass and i can get one from j (he won't be likely to ride sunday). if we did that redbox/switzer, we could possibly do multiple shuttle runs if we have the right combo of cars and peeps.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
That's the plan buddy! You in for practice day and race day?
should we carpool?
Yeah, I'll be there both days.

I would carpool but I'm not going back to the westside sat night. What time were you guys thinking about rolling out there on sat?

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
Yeah, I'll be there both days.

I would carpool but I'm not going back to the westside sat night. What time were you guys thinking about rolling out there on sat?
i dunno.. the earlier the better i suppose
i'm not sure when they're starting practice..

you camping out there?

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
i dunno.. the earlier the better i suppose
i'm not sure when they're starting practice..

you camping out there?
Not camping, going to stay in OC for the night.

I'll probably leave around 7-730 from the pad to get there by at least 9 or so. Dont see any reason to get there any sooner...