Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
Not camping, going to stay in OC for the night.

I'll probably leave around 7-730 from the pad to get there by at least 9 or so. Dont see any reason to get there any sooner...
called Southridge.. here's the scoop on the schedule
the DH course will be partially closed until 11am, as it intersects with the XC and the SuperD races. The first shuttle will not be until sometime around noon. However, they said everyone is welcome to come and practice all they want on the open sections of the course, you just have to pedal yourself to the top, which is supposedly a fairly easy 5 minute pedal uphill.

pm me your # dude

overtheedge

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
burbank ca.
great question. last weekend's wilson ride was a disasterpiece. there must have been three or four dozen riders. i had four flats and broke my pump. fvck!!!

we seem to be in a rut:
sully, chumash, wilson, stunt, repeat...
who's got fresh dirt? i like these
Sturtevant Camp
Redbox to Switzter (needs parking passes)
Chilao - never done before, but heard it is a good bit of pedaling, but not an XC deathride

haven't done viper in a while and there are one or two other Santa Clarita trails out there. overtheedge - what is the one we did where we had to stop at the ranger station to drop the kids off at the pool? it should be cool enough to do it this time of year, yet not have our camelbaks freeze over like they did last time.
was actually thinking about 5 deer........but we always seem to forget how long it takes to get there until we're 45 mins up that windy ass road? nature center is has always been a good time, and the 2nd half is shaded

overtheedge

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
burbank ca.
looks like upper chilao is the plan for our crew on saturday.....as of now the plan is to meet at sport chalet at the bottom then shuttle up the mountain about 8:30. good luck to all you guys heading out to fontucky!

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
looks like upper chilao is the plan for our crew on saturday.....as of now the plan is to meet at sport chalet at the bottom then shuttle up the mountain about 8:30. good luck to all you guys heading out to fontucky!
sounds good. i'll be there. who's all riding?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
8:30 saturday is a go!
overtheedge says to go to the 2 (as if going to wilson) but take it south to get to the sport chalet lot.

roll call:
overtheedge
mandown
marlopez

overtheedge

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
burbank ca.
8:30 saturday is a go!
overtheedge says to go to the 2 (as if going to wilson) but take it south to get to the sport chalet lot.

roll call:
overtheedge
mandown
marlopez
kickstand
exit angeles crest highway and go south.....it will dead end in about a block at foothill blvd (turn left) and you will see the sport chalet on the right side of the street about a block down

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
wish you guys were there, the DH course is pretty fun

pssst.. Adam, how about some pics of those beautiful german welds

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
I ended up in 4th which was way above my expectations. We all raced beginners and had a freaking blast. I think we are all going to join the Winter series too. The 4X track looked fun, didnt dare try it on the squish though.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
pavel! time to head up to sport class :)

pix of the new ride coming soon. it may be ready to saddle up this weekend too. y'all gotta see it.

btw - chilao was awesome! it is a bit of a drive up angeles, but worth it. the climb isn't bad, just long and steady. the downhill is buff and worth it. not too many hikers, no exposure :)

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
yes probably sport next time :busted:
if you don't we will start calling you "Blender the 'bagger."

Abstrakt, i just got the frame last night. take it easy. btw, nice job trying to cut a new line on the race course. however, racing requires that all racers follow the same path, or the timing is meaningless :pirate2:

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Abstrakt, i just got the frame last night. take it easy. btw, nice job trying to cut a new line on the race course. however, racing requires that all racers follow the same path, or the timing is meaningless :pirate2:
Dude, found a much better looking line right outside the tape. ;)

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
nicolai ufo-st. size large, red front, black ano rear. push'd dhx. it belonged to a team racer who rode it since late feb. it is in great shape. the geo is the same as the bottlerocket, though the TTT is a touch shorter and the WB is a touch longer, and it is 8" of travel.

yeah!

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
btw - chilao was awesome! it is a bit of a drive up angeles, but worth it. the climb isn't bad, just long and steady. the downhill is buff and worth it. not too many hikers, no exposure :)
adam, did you get my text? sorry i coudln't make it. i got dragged out friday night and definitely knew in my drunken state that i woudlnt wake up in time to ride with you guys.

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
nicolai ufo-st. size large, red front, black ano rear. push'd dhx. it belonged to a team racer who rode it since late feb. it is in great shape. the geo is the same as the bottlerocket, though the TTT is a touch shorter and the WB is a touch longer, and it is 8" of travel.

yeah!
Nice!! Going to run your Boxxer?

How long was the Chilao loop?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
mar-lo, i got the msg. thx.

nags - it has 195mm of travel, so the boxxer is gonna be the weapon of choice. it is designed to handle 170-200mm forks. the 160mm 36VanR isn't gonna get the job done.

chilao took us about 2 hours to do 10 miles. there is a 17mile loop option. fully worth it.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
OK I know theres a timing issue if the dude in 5th got a trophy. He went down in the rock garden............ I know for fact that I railed that course, theres not too much too it as well as I pinned the blown out corners as well. Im calling D tomorrow, thats why I left i was Pi$$ed off about the placing...............
Congrats too all, Im not raining on the parade for them but I guarantee I was not slow on that course, It was tons easier than Beacon or the NW stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

schwinnstr8

Monkey
Aug 21, 2002
East Los
CONGRATS to all...it was nice to meet everyone. see you guys at the winter series!

oh... i was the guy with the white schwinn straight 8 with my cousin (holelotanutin) with a blue big hit

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
CONGRATS to all...it was nice to meet everyone. see you guys at the winter series!

oh... i was the guy with the white schwinn straight 8 with my cousin (holelotanutin) with a blue big hit
Crazy, was chillin next to you guys and didnt even know.

Nice meeting you guys. Stay tuned in to this posting as we usually organize weekly rides in here.

edit* that is you guys above right?