xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
damn trail nazis!
I'd hardly call it them trail Nazis.

Key paragraph.

On 1/27 a group of five riders came down the trail. Four of the five riders were considerate and slowed down as they passed a group of instructors and young kids on the trail. One of the five riders did not slow down at all. The report is that he was out of control and yelled to the group to get out of the way! He nearly missed individuals in the group as he sped passed. After he passed the group he crashed! This apparently was not the first incident like this on this trail.

bneall

Monkey
Aug 23, 2006
Culver City
last couple times i was in that area, i seen at least 2 or 3 huge trucks crammed full of DH equipment, the trail has been around, but to many big rigs are riding it now. Oh well. Not like any of you bastards ever ride it, you always opt out for xc lung bust sully trips.

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
last couple times i was in that area, i seen at least 2 or 3 huge trucks crammed full of DH equipment, the trail has been around, but to many big rigs are riding it now. Oh well. Not like any of you bastards ever ride it, you always opt out for xc lung bust sully trips.
Thanks to you renegades you ruined for all of us ;)

You guys still hitting the Whoops? Hopefully the Boy Scouts won't be hiking up there tomorrow.

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
Nags and I did the loop today, officially the first time I've done it without cramping up at the end. Tried a bunch of new things to avoid it and something must have worked. :clapping:

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
Today was first day of class..
DJ-101

Winters are rough in SoCal. so we had to suck it up and rough it out in the bad weather.

The jumps were mint

The bike felt awesome

We fixed up a jump last weekend, and were reaping the benefits of a new lip.

Who said white boys can't jump

:monkeydance:

overtheedge

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
burbank ca.
Today was first day of class..
DJ-101

Winters are rough in SoCal. so we had to suck it up and rough it out in the bad weather.

true that........ i wasn't expecting to get heat-stroke from a cc ride in feb! damn la weather :biggrin: when you guys move up to dj-102 and are ready to teach a dj4dummies class sign me up. btw......nice pix, the spot looks dialed

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
oh pahlease J..

how about you come out with us next wknd. and show us n00bs how it's really done! The dubs by the tent are massive now, we "tried" hitting the first one... unsuccessfully so far. :disgust:

I dug up some old pics of the whoops the other day, and I can believe how small those jumps used to be.

true that........ i wasn't expecting to get heat-stroke from a cc ride in feb! damn la weather :biggrin: when you guys move up to dj-102 and are ready to teach a dj4dummies class sign me up. btw......nice pix, the spot looks dialed