Quantcast

Yeti 303 Carbon

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
psh, I remember when carbon DH bikes weren't so mainstream. Why doesn't anybody produce DH bikes made out of that new super steel, or carbon nonotubes.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
psh, I remember when carbon DH bikes weren't so mainstream. Why doesn't anybody produce DH bikes made out of that new super steel, or carbon nonotubes.
New materials are so 2011. We need to get on the two shock bandwagon.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
well played...well played indeed.

But actually, I am pretty excited about this. I will preface this by saying I could never afford a regular aluminum yeti, and I will only assume this will be more expensive, but:

I like bikes that monster truck and are pure dedicated rock smashers like the v10 and yeti's past WC designs. I wasn't a huge fan of the RDH. It makes me happy having bikes like the m9, the v10, and the yeti WC series (that have all be exceptional when it comes to giving a floaty and controlled feeling through the most roughest trails). Having a bunch of light weight options is rad.

Also, why do O'Connor and Jackson look so ridiculously ripped compared to graves? Did they have different coaches or something?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Damn you Yeti! Thankfully my girth and good nature prevent me from owning a carbon bike. I'll just have to live with the WC I have on order.

aenema

almost 100% positive
Sep 5, 2008
The shorties are the Yeti riders and they all look damn fit to me, but I would give the edge to Graves when it came to making a friend to take to the bars with me when feeling antagonistic'y.

Speedgoat9

Monkey
Aug 27, 2009
State College, PA
That frame looks very sexy, can't wait to see it built...1st WC hopefully???

Also, why do O'Connor and Jackson look so ridiculously ripped compared to graves? Did they have different coaches or something?
Quote me if i'm wrong, but i think that's Richie Rude, not O'Çonner

***ahhhhh thom beat me to it:)

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
oh, my mistake! thanks for the correction...either way, I think of gravy as a pretty buff/stocky dude, yet he looks skinny and they look huge.

Speedgoat9

Monkey
Aug 27, 2009
State College, PA
I can't comment on Jackson, but seeing Rude at a few local races, I can say he is a big dude...especially when you consider his age....he seriously has the build of a 23 yr old.

Demomonkey

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Auckland New Zealand
Vital has slide show and they talk about Graves having lost a lot of weight having changed to DH racing only. He looks pretty fit to me but I try not to spend too much time seeing how ripped other guys are, prefer checking out the ladeez :maninlove:

Looking forward to seeing some photos built up. If the carbon SB66 is anything to go by this will be one sexy beast.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
wow didn't mean to spark so much hate. I just think of graves as being a stocky dude, and he looks way smaller, and it makes jackson and rude look gigantic. Was curious what training had happened.

Deano

Monkey
Feb 14, 2011
im wondering how much weight that 303 frame has lost in translation to carboinz :) always loved those frames, but just a wee bit overweight for me.. i overcompensate for being a bit too heavy myself..

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
wow didn't mean to spark so much hate. I just think of graves as being a stocky dude, and he looks way smaller, and it makes jackson and rude look gigantic. Was curious what training had happened.
Well for 4x he needed less cardio and probably a better power output. Look at Gee, he is ripped but not really super big. The other guys may just have a bigger natural frame

Wa-Aw

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Philippines
Those pedals look sleeker than current 647's but beefier than XT(R) trails. New pedal?

Also surprised that with many of the new carbon frames they carbonize the triangles but keep the aluminum linkages. Didn't carbon links for stiffnezz become a thing a few years ago?

Last edited:

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Guys-

A few notes:
Construction: for now, the front is carbon and the rear is aluminum. We're not sure whether that will change.
Sales: It's just a special race project for now - we want it to be tested pretty hard under world cup conditions before we consider releasing it for sale. We do not have a release date in mind yet.
Team: The guys you see standing in the pic are (L-R) Shaun Hughes (team mechanic), Grubby, Richie Rude, John Reynolds (videographer), and Eliot Jackson.
Physique: Jared busted his ass this offseason to transform his body from a purpose-built 4X racer to a purpose-built DHer. He dropped something like 30 pounds, and he basically had zero fat to begin with. Eliot worked out a ton this winter with a trainer who works with a lot of supercross pros, and Richie's been working with a trainer and nutritionist full time for at least a couple of years. As you'd expect from world cup pros, they all take their training very seriously.

JP