Quantcast

You lucky high school students!

SVPPB

Monkey
May 13, 2007
The first girl ever dumb enough to allow me to put my phallic in her vagine had parents just like you. Mormon, Chinese, very controlling.

We did it in their house when they slept.
In the band room at school.
At my house on "sick days"
On every debate trip, school function and at every dance.

She'd go down on me at movies.
Jerk the man sausage in the bus.

Rules just make them easier to pick up

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Primus:

"I remember the day she gave her virginity, then she gave it to everyone in our vicinity!"

SVPPB

Monkey
May 13, 2007
H8R, tell you what, post a pic of your daughter and we can all tell you what's really going on during the 8 hours a day she's out of your radar range.

And does the kid she was/is dating look anything like Pinkshirt?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
parents just like you. Mormon, Chinese, very controlling.
Gimme a fvcking break.

There is a difference between being controlling for the sake of begin controlling and actually caring about your kid and paying attention to what they do and where they are.

It's not an ego thing. I want her to be safe and not get pregnant or hurt. Plain and simple.

Is she going to have sex? Most likely.

Will she do stupid sh1t when I'm not looking? Yes. Even the Eye of Sauron has blind spots.

Will she get pregnant or do something REALLY stupid or life-ruining? I'd like to think the chances of this have been greatly reduced.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
A dude I was in the Marines with claimed to have shagged the daughter of one of the chicks in "Heart".
Im not sure how that's related, but it bears mentioning.

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
I think my parents are actually somewhat like H8R, maybe a little less strict. I realized from a young age if i fvcked up I would basically die. My dad is like super AA/recovering alcoholic or something along those lines and is opposed to any form of drinking and has tried his best to instill those beliefs on me. Funny thing was the day after prom/prom-after-party he was like "Your mom and I will buy you a car if you don't drink until your out of the house."

But really though, I'm glad they're like that. I don't have a problem with that, they trust me so I'm allowed out until legal curfew (for driving - 12:00) and can really go anywhere because they know I won't drink/smoke/commit acts of arson because I know I probably won't have a car, or any bikes, or a computer/phone/ipod, etc etc if I get caught.

Good job H8R

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I think my parents are actually somewhat like H8R, maybe a little less strict. I realized from a young age if i fvcked up I would basically die. My dad is like super AA/recovering alcoholic or something along those lines and is opposed to any form of drinking and has tried his best to instill those beliefs on me.
My kid's mom (my ex) is one reason my kid is terrified of drugs and booze. She is no longer around, she wasted her life on meth and alcohol.

We have no idea where she is.

In a real sense my daughter has been in mourning for her mother for the last few years. It's a constant reminder to her of how low you can go.

And her step mother is a reminder of how rad a mother can be.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
H8R, I can't say that my parents were like you so much, but they had their rules. They hated rap and rock music and pretty much wouldn't let me listen to it until I was about 13. But other than that, they gave me free reign.

It was that, "If you want something to be yours, give it freedom" kinda' thing. I didn't have a curfew until I accidentally (truly accidentally - I fell asleep) came home at like 1:30 in the morning when I was 16. Then it was 11:30 on the weekdays, midnight on the weekends. They never forced me to do my homework, do chores, etc., but they firmly explored the consequences with me if I didn't: No allowance, no car, no gas money, no time with my g/f, bad grades = no college = no job. They treated me like an adult in the most advantageous ways. I can't explain how great of a job that my parents' did with me, my brother, and my sister (who were definitely more of a handful then I was).

On a side note, there is no hard and fast rule that I can see in years of working with the youth group at my old church, for raising kids. Some need freedom or they rebel. Some need rules or they will rebel. Some need to be incarcerated to see the outcome of bad choices, and some can see the emotional and physical damage done to friends by their bad choices without having to experience it first hand.

I was of the latter persuasion. I watched my friends drink, smoke, coke and ecstasy their way into oblivion. Many good friends in high school chose drugs and alcohol over our friendship... things that to this day, at the age of 25, I still find hard to forgive. I was there for them through thick and thin... they gave me up at the drop of a pill or the throwback of a bottle.

I must admit, though, that when I'm a father someday and have kids, I can't wait for the night that they come home drunk one night. They'll yell at me: "You did this when you were my age!", and I'll yell back, "I've never had a drink in my life. Now you're grounded FOREVER."

Prettym1k3
Born: 1982
Number of drinks: 0
Number of drugs: 0

I hope, someday, that my kids can say the same for themselves.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
my parents just told me in high school that what i did was my responsibility. they didn't try to convince me to not have sex, or try this or that, but instead were more concerned with the ends: don't kill myself or others, don't wreck the car, do well at school (98% was 2% that i could have gotten, etc.)...

SVPPB

Monkey
May 13, 2007
My folks made damn sure I watched my uncle pass away from AIDS.
Until I got married, and we both had clean checks, I used a rubber every time, no matter the circumstances.

You want to make sure your kids use protective gear, have them watch a frail 64yo man die as he is spitting blood all over a protective oxygen tank, screaming out in incoherent Latin, cursing his maker. That'll set them straight and narrow.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Would you mind being my perpetual DD then?
I get stuck being DD everytime I go out, and I gotta' be honest: It sucks. No amount of laughing at your drunk friends, or number of cokes that people buy you will ever make me feel like it was all worth it.

If nothing else, I've learned that those who drink too much and get sick, or drink too much and drive home and get hurt/killed, deserve every minute of suffering from their poor decisions.

I take no sympathy on those who put themselves in bad situations and refuse to make adult decisions. :disgust1:

The only people I feel sorry for are those who are inadvertently affected by drunk drivers (those hit BY a drunk driver). I don't even feel sorry for passengers who get hurt or killed in the car of a driver under the influence. For had they not, also, had too much to drink, they'd have been coherent enough to take the keys away from the driver.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
i have to be with prettym1k3 on this one, all my friends drink and smoke and actually have been arrested on dealing, its pathetic to watch.
one of they died in an ambulance when he was 14 and luckily enough to be brought back to life, what did he do next weekend-get drunk.

as for me, never drank never smoked and get straight A's

for doing that i get bikes and i am hopin for a car.
the day i do something bad my bikes ARE ON EBAY, every single one.

idk about you guys but that keeps me in line, especially since i cant get a job anywhere.

*good job H8R on the parenting end.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
i have to be with prettym1k3 on this one...

...as for me, never drank never smoked and get straight A's...

*good job H8R on the parenting end.
Fight the more difficult fight, man.

Eventually people lay off the peer pressure, but you'll find that "adults" still do the same exact garbage they did when they were 15 and raiding their daddy's liqueur cabinet.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
o i dont want to do it, they were all great riders but now they just smoke all day and sold their bikes-and u can guess what they bought

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
o i dont want to do it, they were all great riders but now they just smoke all day and sold their bikes-and u can guess what they bought
I've had several friends that I've lost due to drugs. It's a god awful feeling. I'm no choir boy myself. SK6 Konabumm and others can attest to that. But I've seen too many people ruin themselves to ever try anything harder than good ole alcohol at this point. One of my best childhood friends is so whacked out he's not even the same person anymore. He lies, steals, does whatever. He's a pretty smart guy, and he got a full scholarship to college. He took out a student loan his first semester anyway and spent the entirety of it on weed, coke, and meth. Apparently he's dealing too. It really upsets me to think about what a great guy he used to be. Seeing him, and some of my other friends spiral out of control like that is a pretty big deterrent.

Also, I'm developing some kind of breathing troubles which may or may not just be asthma, but they've killed whatever desire to smoke that i had. I've been wheezing enough over the past month or two as it is.

i grew up with marijuana in both sides of my family, my mom had me when she was 19, 7 out of 10 people i know are addicts or heavy drinkers, and i have seen some of my best friends that i remember growing up with succumb to peer pressure or just be blatantly ignorant and become caught up in drugs, sex, and gangs... yet i have always had determination ever since i was about 5 years old to STAY CLEAN and lead a healthy lifestyle, etc.

i was born into a practicing Christian family(ironically enough) and went to church every week for the first 4 years of my life, not that i really knew what was going on, but it definitley got me beleiving that i live under God's rules. but when i was oh, say 13, i was taught in school that i share a common heritage with earthworms along with how "man created God and answers to no-one", and henceforth i started thinking that it was cool to defy the Lord and do very sinful things, and my life, mindset and mores were all over the place... i was a truly sick minded person, yet i still maintained my morals and hands down refused to follow any destructive paths, no matter which one of my friends was asking... but thanks to my best friend Cory(FactoryCostcoDH) and his family along with an amazing movie series by Dr. Kent Hovind(anyone who has heard him or of him knows he is amazing), i was able to re-ignite my faith. and guess what, eight days after i repented, look what oppourtunity presented itself to me- a Rotec RL9, a team sponsorship, and a steady way to study and accquaint with what i love so dearly...

sorry for the ramble about myself, i just personally think that is an amazing story...

i know there will probably be disagreements, but about the teens, the way i see it, these kids are being taught that they are just animals and that essentially there is no purpose to life so what they derive from that is that they should do whatever they think is cool, if it feels good, do it.... sick, just sick.
BLAH!

just my opinion...

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
i grew up with marijuana in both sides of my family, my mom had me when she was 19, 7 out of 10 people i know are addicts or heavy drinkers, and i have seen some of my best friends that i remember growing up with succumb to peer pressure or just be blatantly ignorant and become caught up in drugs, sex, and gangs... yet i have always had determination ever since i was about 5 years old to STAY CLEAN and lead a healthy lifestyle, etc.

i was born into a practicing Christian family(ironically enough) and went to church every week for the first 4 years of my life, not that i really knew what was going on, but it definitley got me beleiving that i live under God's rules. but when i was oh, say 13, i was taught in school that i share a common heritage with earthworms along with how "man created God and answers to no-one", and henceforth i started thinking that it was cool to defy the Lord and do very sinful things, and my life, mindset and mores were all over the place... i was a truly sick minded person, yet i still maintained my morals and hands down refused to follow any destructive paths, no matter which one of my friends was asking... but thanks to my best friend Cory(FactoryCostcoDH) and his family along with an amazing movie series by Dr. Kent Hovind(anyone who has heard him or of him knows he is amazing), i was able to re-ignite my faith. and guess what, eight days after i repented, look what oppourtunity presented itself to me- a Rotec RL9, a team sponsorship, and a steady way to study and accquaint with what i love so dearly...

sorry for the ramble about myself, i just personally think that is an amazing story...

i know there will probably be disagreements, but about the teens, the way i see it, these kids are being taught that they are just animals and that essentially there is no purpose to life so what they derive from that is that they should do whatever they think is cool, if it feels good, do it.... sick, just sick.
BLAH!

just my opinion...
Don't wanna start any arguments or anything like that, as I certainly respect peoples faith in whatever they choose to believe. However, I believe that it's entirely possible to have morality without religion. What kids really need to understand is that actions have consequences, and the choices they make are going to stick with them. I think the biggest issue is that many people our age (I'm 19, I presume you're about the same age) is that they have no concept of personal responsibility or respect for themselves. I know it's cliche, but many of them are just aimless. Religion can certainly help with a lot of that, but it's just not for me. Glad to hear your success story though man!