Quantcast

CLEMSON DH RACE APRIL 21st! open to everyone

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
i think its obvious that butch has commandeered race organization here.
eh? Nope. These guys are doing this all on their own. Matt Adams is helping with timing. Matt Griffin, Jeremy, Brian Q, and others all went out and helped dig and help with ideas on course.
I got tons of shiny new medals lying around from the last Wolf race that got canceled by them a few years back so I'm donating those. I made some inquiries with sponsors and industry people to see about getting some prizes, but no luck so far.

We're all just trying to chip in with support where we can to save these guys the growing pains the rest of us had to go through.

The only other thing I know to make this sucker all pro pro yo is if someone would bring my (I mean Chuck's):imstupid: starting gate up from GA so we could have a fun staging.

It's all about our riding community coming together as a whole like we used to.

Anybody out there got a PA system and generator they can lend these guys?:lighten:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
I got Tifosi Optics to give us some cool Glasses to give away to the Beginner and Amateur classes. So like Butch said we are all coming together to help out. This reminds me of the old days!!!!!!:cheers:

Jun 11, 2004
Jon & Matt,

I just got off the phone with Andy from www.FreeRideSouth.com

He is gonna send 20 FreeRideSouth shirts for you guys to use how you wish at your event.

Some black shirts........some white........various sizes.

If I don't get them to you guys before the event........I will bring them with me the day of the event.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
No collar bone injury was going to keep me from heading out to the trail and hangin with all the riding buddies. Enjoy the pics.

Jon on the Wall

Zack, first time on the wall

Cecil and Bo headin to the drop

Eric and Dave flyin into the drop

Mo and her doggie gettin ready to drop in

Bo droppin and Cecil flyin across the bridge

Brian Take off...

And landing

Demo Dave going Huge!

Throwin some style down

Gnome guarding the rock garden

He's lookin happy as always

Chris steppin down

Dave says "i can do that"

Brandon gappin the creek

Zack can do it to

Now lets go back to the top and do it all again!

Matt, you cant come :plthumbsdown:

aviatorsman

Chimp
Oct 28, 2006
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh stop getting hurt
the race is next week.
brandon heal up fast.
Thanks man, turns out I broke my collar bone and my shoulder blade in two places....looks like I'm going to be out for a while. :plthumbsdown:

I just wish I could remember something from around the time of the crash. Thank God for helmets though, mine saved me...
:twitch:

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I got to ride this trail yesterday. What a freaking blast. I was able to hit everything except for the road gap. (a number of guys were just coming up a bit short for me to feel comfortable hitting it) Anyway you guys did a fantastic job of making the best of what you have. The trail is fun from top to bottom. We must have gotten 10 runs in yesterday and even broke it up with hitting the old DS course a few times.

Nice work

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Just a comment on the race. A few of us from Charlotte were considering doing this race. As I stated the course is A LOT of fun. However the start time of 3pm makes it a little undesireable. It is probably a good thing, I think you guys will get a huge turnout and will probably learn a lot from putting on this race. When you get whatever bugs worked out hold another one and just start it earlier, so folks that have to travel a bit to get there aren't getting home late on a Sunday if it isn't necessary.

ps... When I was in college, I didn't want to get up early either.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Not trying to be an agitator, but 1pm start would be more realistic considering everyone should be able to dial the course by then. Plus, if you're doing 2 runs it will give you time should there be course holds where the EMT's have to stop things for an extended period.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Rob, its on Saturday.
My bad, that is better, but it still makes for a long(er) day. I am not a huge racer guy either way. I was just expressing a slight common concern amongst a few of the folks that I have been talking with.

I would much rather have to be there a little earlier, and have the opportunity for some play time after the race.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Its to late to change things now this late in the game, so leave them be. Last thing you want now is to change the time earlier and some people show up late thinking its at 3pm. If you have another race down the road then I would suggest the same as Butch.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
yeah, i think i stated above that if things were looking good and we have everything ready to roll, we were going to push the start time up as much as possible to the end of registration time.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Just a heads up to everyone planning on riding Friday afternoon.

due to the weather report for thursday
THE WALL RIDE WILL BE CLOSED FRIDAY FOR PAINT!

the rest of the trail will be open for practice though.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
apparently there are some people coming up from so. florida. My dad also said he couldn't find a hotel in Clemson. I hope all of this is because of our race.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Bring it, you never know. What are you gonna be racing? The poopy brown sunday?:monkeydance:
nah..the Demo 8 last year was poopy brown. This color up close looks like a Hershey bar left in the sun. I try not to gnaw on it when I'm hungry....

oh, and I'm bringing it with me to maybe take a few play runs on, but I've got an 07 Enduro with 5 and 5 for this race. The Sunday gets christened at Massanutten.

Murphy's Law

Monkey
Apr 29, 2006
Raleighwood NC
first off, to all the guys out at Clemson that were involved in putting this race together, i say........:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Great race guys. I had a blast. the course was super fun. Thanks for putting this on, and we all look forward to your next event i'm sure..... only one question, i saw a TON of photographers out there, are they all gonna post up on one site pics from the race???