Quantcast

the random thought thread

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Online drivers license renewal is possible the greatest application of the internet ever. Especially when it allows you to renew an expired drivers license when you are a few thousand miles away from the state your are licensed in.

Also, regional licensing is fucking stupid when said license is good nationally. Not to mention a brain damaged ape with the appropriate fees could get a license if they have the patience to stand in line long enough.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Also, regional licensing is fucking stupid when said license is good nationally. Not to mention a brain damaged ape with the appropriate fees could get a license if they have the patience to stand in line long enough.
One word: revenue.

I got almost run over by a Tesla. Those things are funckig inaudible, sneak up on you like a sneaky lizard.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
One word: revenue.

I got almost run over by a Tesla. Those things are funckig inaudible, sneak up on you like a sneaky lizard.

I haven't heard one up close, but I can hear the high frequency buzz of a Prius almost as far away as a quiet ICE. That sound is like nails on a chalkboard to me. Having worked with machines that use servos that run at pulse frequencies an order of magnitude higher than the human can hear, that noise usually meant delamination of the motor windings and impending failure.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I haven't heard one up close, but I can hear the high frequency buzz of a Prius almost as far away as a quiet ICE. That sound is like nails on a chalkboard to me. Having worked with machines that use servos that run at pulse frequencies an order of magnitude higher than the human can hear, that noise usually meant delamination of the motor windings and impending failure.
I know the the buzz of a Prius, the Tesla is IMO much stealthier. On top of that, I was riding studded tires on pavement (on my way to trails) so I probably would not hear an 8 cylinder behind my ass either. :rolleyes:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Don't be so obtuse. The law is applied equalaterally.
I like the word Hypotenuse probably more then is Natural. Equal to the sum of the squares of the other two sides part I don't know about. Sorry if I offended any of you Pythsgorians... Apparently I was being Obtuse... Jeez.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I like the word Hypotenuse probably more then is Natural. Equal to the sum of the squares of the other two sides part I don't know about. Sorry if I offended any of you Pythsgorians... Apparently I was being Obtuse... Jeez.

Is there a high pot in use in your bongshed?