Quantcast

2009 EVIL Revolt: T-minus 10... 9... 8...

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
and i am currently loving the 13.7 bb and slightly slacker than 63 head angle :busted:
You some kinda racer or something? :crazy:

Hope to see it at bomont this weekend. We should talk about when you are headed up there, not to derail this thread or anything.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
yep...just debating on whether i can get it before france or if i have to wait.

didnt sell either yet, but that doesnt matter to Mr Visa or Mr Mastercard

let me help you with that decision.... get it before. you will be very pleased

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
let me help you with that decision.... get it before. you will be very pleased
im still trying to see how much i need to spend over there b/w lift tix, wedding gift, 3 nights in a hotel before we go to morzine then everything else for the 11 days we're gonna be there.
i think i can swing it now, but wanna make sure before i fvck myself.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Maybe you should try actually posting an ad for your Foes' in the classifieds, instead of marginal info in your sig. Just a thought :clue:
i was gonna take them apart this week when i got new parts in and take pictures....but i got no new parts :disgust:

its also kinda hard to part with the DHS

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
An add, a hyperlink to such add (in a bright color and bold), would help a bunch.

for example, never noticed you had a 'FS' as a signature. Most signatures are pretty stupid (sorry if you think yours is cool) and I generally ignore them as such......

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
An add, a hyperlink to such add (in a bright color and bold), would help a bunch.

for example, never noticed you had a 'FS' as a signature. Most signatures are pretty stupid (sorry if you think yours is cool) and I generally ignore them as such......
Seconded.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now

thanks, as soon as i get em hussied up for pictures, ill be sure to do that.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
It was recomended to me that I run the SRS+ on mine due to the very low BB and the high chance of hitting things. I'm not really a hack but not exactly the smoothest or lightest rider. The SRS transfers the impact to the cranks and the LG1 transfers the energy to the frame.

I'm still trying to make up my mind but I'll probably go with the advice.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
It was recomended to me that I run the SRS+ on mine due to the very low BB and the high chance of hitting things. I'm not really a hack but not exactly the smoothest or lightest rider. The SRS transfers the impact to the cranks and the LG1 transfers the energy to the frame.

I'm still trying to make up my mind but I'll probably go with the advice.
I think that you are going to be OK with either the LG1+ or SRS+. Unlike other guides available, the e*thirteen systems feature a new impact mitigating bashguard / taco design that helps to lessen impact at your cranks of frame, and at the same time directs impact energy away from your chainring. Over the months and months of intentional and heavy abuse that we've inflicted on the LG1+ guides, we haven't seen one frame failure. As long as you have a bike that has the ISCG05 tabs welded on completely (not just tack welded on like some V10s), or a one piece ISCG05 tab / bb assembly (like the Revolt) then you should be A-OK. Of course barring some kind of unbelievable crash, in which case you probably will have a lot more than chainguide mounts to worry about...

aj-monkey

Monkey
Oct 11, 2007
Squampton, BC
I have a question. Is the revolt essentially a single pivot design. I just haven't been able to find more details on the actual way the design functions. For those of you that have it how's it go under braking in chop and the like?

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
I have a question. Is the revolt essentially a single pivot design. I just haven't been able to find more details on the actual way the design functions. For those of you that have it how's it go under braking in chop and the like?
The rear wheels path is effectively around a 'single pivot', but the tuning of the leverage rates and everything is where the other links come in.

aj-monkey

Monkey
Oct 11, 2007
Squampton, BC
The rear wheels path is effectively around a 'single pivot', but the tuning of the leverage rates and everything is where the other links come in.
Cool. I read elsewhere that the characteristics of the design under braking forces are "quiet". What I really want to know is, is it as quiet as the Sundays, Shockers, m6, v10 and so on with a form of 'Virtual pivot point'. I have always ridden these or an fsr and am not looking at changing that characteristic of a bike.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
so just ordered the frame....w/ a RC4 WC

what size seatpost is the frame? i cant seem to find that anywhere....and its a 12mm rear right w/ a iscg 05 bb mount?

Last edited:

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
what size seatpost is the frame? i cant seem to find that anywhere....and its a 12mm rear right w/ a iscg 05 bb mount?
Post = 30.9mm
Clamp = 34.9mm
Headtube = 1.5"
BB = 83mm
R Hub = 150mm x 12mm
Chainguide = ISCG05

Basically, all of the parts from a Sunday will swap over 'cept the seatpost. But 30.9mm is perhaps the most common size on the market (Trek, Giant, Spec, SC).

-ska todd

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Post = 30.9mm
Clamp = 34.9mm
Headtube = 1.5"
BB = 83mm
R Hub = 150mm x 12mm
Chainguide = ISCG05

Basically, all of the parts from a Sunday will swap over 'cept the seatpost. But 30.9mm is perhaps the most common size on the market (Trek, Giant, Spec, SC).

-ska todd
:cheers:
rock on

im assuming the clamp comes with it?

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
The next batch is scheduled to ship with them. If anyone from the first batch needs one just drop me a line with your serial # and we'll get one out when they're in. Sorry about the confusion there.

-ska todd

Winston

Chimp
Feb 17, 2006
Irvine, CA
Does the shock on the Revolt require a custom tune like the Sunday did?

If I wanted to run a Vivid would it be an A,B or C tune?

Thanks

krustydude

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
Richland, WA
Cool. I read elsewhere that the characteristics of the design under braking forces are "quiet". What I really want to know is, is it as quiet as the Sundays, Shockers, m6, v10 and so on with a form of 'Virtual pivot point'. I have always ridden these or an fsr and am not looking at changing that characteristic of a bike.
I rode my friend's two weeks ago and it's super quiet. I ride a DHR and I've ridden his M3, Sunday, and V-10 and it rides the quietest and smoothest of all of them. I can't explain how it works, but it does. It's friggin' crazy!

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Does the shock on the Revolt require a custom tune like the Sunday did?

If I wanted to run a Vivid would it be an A,B or C tune?

Thanks
A tune is what I recommend Winston. Trumpores can probably give you some more info on the specific settings that they have been running.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
A tune is what I recommend Winston. Trumpores can probably give you some more info on the specific settings that they have been running.
I'm running an A tune. Biggest difference is that on the Sunday I had to run the LSC one click open from full closed to keep the rear shock from riding way down in its travel and on the Revolt I'm running it 1-2 clicks in from fully open so i'll have a much more usable range of adjustment. same 300# spring

Last edited: