Quantcast

2023 Summer Monkeyfest

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Ok folks, here's the 411
Original Lodge would need WAY too many upgrades to be considered for a group our size so that's out of the question. The kitchel cabin, though intriguing isn't big enough either and honestly, I liked the farm lodge from last year....owner was great and super easy to work with; lots of rooms and space; parking and right on the trails so that's my vote and since I organize (evil laugh) I have put a deposit down!

Officially....July 13-17; I have a deposit on the whole lodge again so we are going to need 20+ monkeys to fill the space. Cost will likely be the same as last year (I'm hoping about $200 for lodging and food for the weekend). Now, who's in?
TreeSaw & SqEarl
@johnbryanpeters
@Bunnista
@ICEBALL585
@crombie1
@BikeGeek
@irishblue76
@splat
@I Are Baboon
@jdcamb
@Sandwich
@jonKranked
@Pesqueeb (you know the drill and I am happy to pick you up from the airport if necessary)
@Montana rider (you know the drill and I am happy to pick you up from the airport if necessary)
@Jozz
@BadDNA
@Full Trucker (you know the drill and I am happy to pick you up from the airport if necessary)
@Nick (you know the drill and I am happy to pick you up from the airport if necessary)

Let's make it a big one people!!!
We won't be lodging with you all, but we'll be there for as much of the fun as we can.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Doesn't the "west coast monkeyfest" fail every single year because nobody can agree on anything?
Yeah, there were three or four of us who planned these original east coast monkeyfests, and we planned it via PM because we knew there'd be no way everyone would agree on anything. So, we picked a date and place, made the announcement, and rolled with it. It certainly helps with attendance that we have a lot of monkeys here in the northeast.

All that being said, I will be unable to make July 13-17. Have fun, friends!

Yeah, there were three or four of us who planned these original east coast monkeyfests, and we planned it via PM because we knew there'd be no way everyone would agree on anything. So, we picked a date and place, made the announcement, and rolled with it. It certainly helps with attendance that we have a lot of monkeys here in the northeast.

All that being said, I will be unable to make July 13-17. Have fun, friends!
So what was the first? Burke Mountain Campground in (?) 2002?

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
bumpity bump!

My odds of attending this year are increasing weekly (as the snow continues to pile up) and bolstered by recently unearthed mystery airline pesos that would expire in December if unused.

In other words, FREE MONEY to drink beer and ride bikes...

---

ETA: I have but a scant 24 hours to regret / cancel this very wise decision with no penalty ;)

eTicket Itinerary and Receipt for Confirmation XXXXXX

:monkeydance: :headbang::nerd::fancy::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers: (IPAs, Porters and Stouts... apparently from Newark)

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
ETA: I have but a scant 24 hours to regret / cancel this very wise decision with no penalty ;)
:monkeydance: :headbang::nerd::fancy::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers: (IPAs, Porters and Stouts... apparently from Newark)
Might want to remove that confirmation # before I change it to a flight to Lubbock, TX :p

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Point taken, though I think you need my last name to do any real damage ;)

Too it's a super cheap restricted fare so you'll have to spend some of your own hard earned pesos on change fees.

I think @TreeSaw / hubby "should" be able to cover my bike needs, but throwing it out there just in case someone else has an N+1 loaner bike kicking around for KT.

I am (less) fat, slow and very fond of walking my bike, and I tend to avoid the gnar so generally speaking light on my wheel sets ;)
Miracle.jpg

Will trade for MT Rye

A pistol hot, cup of rhyme...
The whiskey is water, the water is wine RYE

1680632558656.png

Last edited:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!

Too it's a super cheap restricted fare so you'll have to spend some of your own hard earned pesos on change fees.

I think @TreeSaw / hubby "should" be able to cover my bike needs, but throwing it out there just in case someone else has an N+1 loaner bike kicking around for KT.

I am (less) fat, slow and very fond of walking my bike, and I tend to avoid the gnar so generally speaking light on my wheel sets ;)
View attachment 191988

Will trade for MT Rye

View attachment 191989
I can sherpa you from airports too as needed.
Happy Dance!!!!!

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.

View attachment 191988

Will trade for MT Rye

View attachment 191989
If TreeSaw and Earl aren't able to cover you, I should have a spare bike or two and I'm also local to KT so it's easy enough to let me know on short notice.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I need to make a real, concerted effort to get back into shape (rather than just talking about it while I stuff my mouth with mini eggs and yell at Netflix that, YES... I AM STILL WATCHING) before I commit to anything.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
I need to make a real, concerted effort to get back into shape (rather than just talking about it while I stuff my mouth with mini eggs and yell at Netflix that, YES... I AM STILL WATCHING) before I commit to anything.
Screw that...round is a shape (I'm very familiar with that shape in particular) and there are groups riding at all paces and abilities.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Damn, I will be in Washington, DC and have my hardtail. But I couldn't leave till Friday afternoon and would need to be back Sunday night. Don't think that's going too work. Can't take any days off.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I just spent 10 days eating and drinking my way around the Mediterranean...there will be a pace for you
(also, I still watch Netflix)