Quantcast

24 Hours in the Old Pueblo 2006

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
douglas said:
Echo, are you flying home out of Tucson or Cali?

me: either flying to Tuscon Thursday (or Wednesday being air is $100 less) and flying home Wednesday

I also am VERY interested in either getting picked up, or sharing a rental vehicle
There is a chance I will be going down early -- I will know my plans better in a bit ... but if you do need a ride from the airport - let me know!!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I supposed to be in Crapsworth the week before so work gets to fly me out there.:thumb: I'll either try to hitch a ride from the west coast folks or rent a ve-hicle. I'm just worried about there being a west coast team??

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Westy said:
I supposed to be in Crapsworth the week before so work gets to fly me out there.:thumb: I'll either try to hitch a ride from the west coast folks or rent a ve-hicle. I'm just worried about there being a west coast team??
Just got off the phone with T-dog. We are still working on it. We'll take you fools on as a duo riding unicycles if necessary. If somebody wants to speed up the process, buy my crap on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7209841705&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7209844101&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Westy said:
OK, who's in this year? Will it be East vs West again? I've already marked my calendar. Feb 18, 2006.

I'll be there. I think our name is "will ride for beer".

I just found more damage from last years race, Rusted and destroyed lower headset bearing, there was mud all the way to the topcap. Thank goodness I have a spare.

I think I have a friend still looking for a team. He's planning on bringing his toy hauler, with heat a shower, and beds. And he's a damn good rider too. I'll double check and post back if he's still looking.

ghostrider

Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Reactor said:
I think I have a friend still looking for a team. He's planning on bringing his toy hauler, with heat a shower, and beds. And he's a damn good rider too. I'll double check and post back if he's still looking.
Fast rider with heated toy hauler. Sounds like what we are looking for. Let me know what you find out.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
my flight is booked!

FYI: United is having a winter sale, $233 total for me, plus if you're a norba member you get 2 free United check your bike vouchers

15th(wed) flying into Phoenix
21st(tuesday) flying home out of Phoenix

I plan to ride somewhere on the 16th !

T-Dog

Monkey
Feb 18, 2004
different shack, same shotgun
Echo said:
OK I'm looking at heading out to Tucson on Thursday, and being back in Rochester the following Wednesday. I might go to California and par-tay down with ghostrider and T-Dog after the race. At this point I'm just waiting to hear the spankers plans. If anyone else was gonna head to CA for some riding, you prolly gotta bum a couch at T-Dog's, I don't think ghostrider can get permission for a full on monkey hangout.
If you're coming to CA after, you might consider staying thru saturday if possible...the Amgen tour of California is coming right thru Ojai (points sprint in front of libbey park) we are going to watch the race on the climb out of town and cheer the boys on.

http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/tour.html

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
T-Dog said:
If you're coming to CA after, you might consider staying thru saturday if possible...the Amgen tour of California is coming right thru Ojai (points sprint in front of libbey park) we are going to watch the race on the climb out of town and cheer the boys on.

http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/tour.html
That sounds like an awesome plan. I don't know if I can take that much time off work though. I'm hoping to have everything nailed down by tonight.

ghostrider

Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Echo said:
That sounds like an awesome plan. I don't know if I can take that much time off work though. I'm hoping to have everything nailed down by tonight.
Not to mention the stage finish is about 122 feet from where I'm sitting right now.

ghostrider

Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
douglas said:
my flight is booked!

FYI: United is having a winter sale, $233 total for me, plus if you're a norba member you get 2 free United check your bike vouchers

15th(wed) flying into Phoenix
21st(tuesday) flying home out of Phoenix

I plan to ride somewhere on the 16th !
Looks like you'll be there early enough to score a premium camping spot on Thursday. I think there is a Swedish bikini team this year - try stake out ground near them.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Westy: "Where the hell is Echo? It's time for him to go to the transition area!"
ghostrider: "I think he went to the swedish bikini team camp again"
T-Dog: "I'll go over there and try to find him"
peter6061: "No, you went the last 4 times, it's my turn"
douglas: "There's only like 7 more hot swedish bikini chicks left unspoiled, you guys better hurry."

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
peter6061 said:
I'm booked.
I've got the same itinerary as Douglas.
Do we need to rent a car?
I think so - the Cali people probably wont be coming past PHX until thursday evening/night. I was planning to get a suv, it would be great to share the cost of it with you

ghostrider said:
Looks like you'll be there early enough to score a premium camping spot on Thursday. I think there is a Swedish bikini team this year - try stake out ground near them.

I vote that we share their camp site!

ps: I hope this year we get a spot closer to the transition area and/or course

G-Cracker

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Tucson, beatch!
Just rode the loop again this weekend. There were a number of folks there, and even some who camped. Should be a great time, and quite an experience for this first-timer.

Our team name is "My Saddle Soars" Hope to see some of you dudes around.

T-Dog

Monkey
Feb 18, 2004
different shack, same shotgun
douglas said:
I think so - the Cali people probably wont be coming past PHX until thursday evening/night. I was planning to get a suv, it would be great to share the cost of it with you

You guys should think about renting a motorhome...sounds like 3 of you are flying in, and could split that up and have your transportation and lodging needs covered right there.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Hey All--

Sounds like we're in for a great time. I'll be driving down from Carson City to hook up with my brothers. Which would be better-- I leave Wed. to get to Tucson Thur., or leave Thur. to arrive Fri.? Does the camping fill up that quickly? Also, be on the look-out for a green Mazda van with "MTB FAM" plates, or the Bill's Beer and Bait Shop truck.

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
TreeSaw said:
After last year's rain fest I would recommend an RV...they are warm and dry ;)
Lets hope this year its not quite so cold and wet!!!!! ... I am hoping for some nice warm weather .. Something like 70's during the day time .. and ohh say 55 for the night laps :)) :dancing:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
mcgowanc said:
Lets hope this year its not quite so cold and wet!!!!! ... I am hoping for some nice warm weather .. Something like 70's during the day time .. and ohh say 55 for the night laps :)) :dancing:
That would be SO nice....I'll keep my fingers crossed for you all :thumb:

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
TreeSaw said:
After last year's rain fest I would recommend an RV...they are warm and dry ;)

Damn straight. This year we're renting a popup trailer with a furnace!

Still haven't managed to contact my freind looking for a team mate, I'll post back later.

G-Cracker

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Tucson, beatch!
Hey all... I'm trying to figure out how long my light will last. When does the race typically start, and how many laps (average time of 1.5 hours per lap) did you all spend needing a light?

My light has a 3-hour burn time on it's lowest setting and I do'nt have any back-up batteries. So you recommend me trying to buy a second battery?

Thanks!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
race start=noon
sunset = 6:14 PM
sunrise = 7:04 AM

we did 18 laps last year, I'd guess 8 were night laps

you on a team? there will/should be a spot to recharge your batteries while your teammates are on the course

G-Cracker

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Tucson, beatch!
Alright, thanks. yes, I'm on a 5-person team so I really am probably going to ride 3-4 laps myself. Thanks for the help.

BTW... I'm riding the course this weekend if any local peeps want to ride.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
OK I got my plane tickets. I'm flying in and out of CA and will be arriving with the ghostrider crew on Friday morning. Who is going to be getting the east coast team's RV? Let me know how much $$ to paypal to ya.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Echo said:
OK I got my plane tickets. I'm flying in and out of CA and will be arriving with the ghostrider crew on Friday morning. Who is going to be getting the east coast team's RV? Let me know how much $$ to paypal to ya.
Any ideas where to get one? Douglas will be the first in AZ.