Quantcast

24 Hours of Adrenaline @ Dalton 2005- Plans and Smacktalk

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
mogulskr said:
Does anyone have a website for last years results of Dalton? We have a team and are trying to decide if we should register in the 5 person coed or 5 person open (200+) we have some old guys. Not that we are going win anything, but it could improve our odds.
The only results I have are the results for our class:

lanman

Monkey
Nov 2, 2001
Natick, MA
joining this kinda late but some guys and a girl at my shop (Landry's in Natick, MA) are entering a 5 person co-ed team, can't wait!!

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
Anyone have a spare volunteer? We are having a hard time convincing someone to drive 2 1/2 hours to stand in the woods for 4 1/2 hours that it would be fun. Still have a month though to find someone.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
mogulskr said:
Anyone have a spare volunteer? We are having a hard time convincing someone to drive 2 1/2 hours to stand in the woods for 4 1/2 hours that it would be fun. Still have a month though to find someone.
can you bribe him w/beer?

mention there will be hotties there?

promise to buy him a souvenir?

try beer again?

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
Beer has been used...we had a couple people interested and they came up with lame excuses. Daughter graduating .... getting married ..typical stuff ... maybe I can find one on ebay

lanman

Monkey
Nov 2, 2001
Natick, MA
I Are Baboon said:
:thumb:

What's your team's name?
We're thinking "Fluff's Travel" or "Fluffhead"....the name idea coming from a 23 year old who missed the hippie train by 20 years :rolleyes: , but we thought it was pretty funny so I think that's what we're using

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
lanman said:
We're thinking "Fluff's Travel" or "Fluffhead"....the name idea coming from a 23 year old who missed the hippie train by 20 years :rolleyes: , but we thought it was pretty funny so I think that's what we're using
As opposed to the Phish song(s) by the same name?

"We sure got some powerful pills! OH YEEAAAAHH!!!"

lanman

Monkey
Nov 2, 2001
Natick, MA
McGRP01 said:
As opposed to the Phish song(s) by the same name?

"We sure got some powerful pills! OH YEEAAAAHH!!!"
Haha ya that's what I was implying, hes a hippie wanna be who missed being one by 2 decades, so all he listens to is like the dead and phish and bands like them, so the name came from that song

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
TreeSaw said:
LOL!!! I do aim to please ;)

Just wait until Deck Party this year :devil: I hear the college chicks may be coming in full force :p

nice! :D but also depressing being college chicks think I'm an old fart :sad:

Goddy43

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
douglas said:
Yeah, I am sure they'll be real interested in a muddy, dirty dude that smells like the worst BO ever mixed in with ass

:rolleyes:
True, but a young smelly dude might have a better shot than an older smelly dude.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
douglas said:
Yeah, I am sure they'll be real interested in a muddy, dirty dude that smells like the worst BO ever mixed in with ass

:rolleyes:
well i think ill want to smell bad to keep all of the ladies from swarming me. :stupid:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
With this morning's weigh in, I have successfully dropped 10 pounds, going from 179 to 169. :thumb: I know that's not a huge weight loss, but it'll help. My goal was 10 pounds, but that was so easy I have reset my goal for 15 pounds. I've gone from a 34 waist to a 32.

Goddy43

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
I Are Baboon said:
With this morning's weigh in, I have successfully dropped 10 pounds, going from 179 to 169. :thumb: I know that's not a huge weight loss, but it'll help. My goal was 10 pounds, but that was so easy I have reset my goal for 15 pounds. I've gone from a 34 waist to a 32.
Congrats, I had a goal of dropping about 10 pounds also but I haven't made the progress I hoped.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Hahaha.....lose weight....never gonna happen for me. Although, I did drop 10lbs. in the 30 days I stopped drinking beer. :think: Nah....

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
McGRP01 said:
Hahaha.....lose weight....never gonna happen for me. Although, I did drop 10lbs. in the 30 days I stopped drinking beer. :think: Nah....
I miss beer. To lose weight, I just started eating less/better. Very little alcohol, no dining out, watch the sodium, and just eat less.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I Are Baboon said:
I miss beer. To lose weight, I just started eating less/better. Very little alcohol, no dining out, watch the sodium, and just eat less.
Good advice, thanks Baboon!

P.S. - 39 days left Dillholes!!! :eek:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I picked up the Fastest Lap Trophy from the West Coast monkeys last weekend. Who will be taking it home this round??

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Westy said:
I picked up the Fastest Lap Trophy from the West Coast monkeys last weekend. Who will be taking it home this round??
not me, unless I quit my job, hire a trainer and spend the next 39 days training my ass off

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I just read this [about Dalton] on mtbr. Is this for real? :dead:

"There is a lung-seering 4-mile climb with the first 1/2 mile of it being some mild technical singletrack and the remaining on an open gravel/fireroad. It could take folks about 15-20 mins. to finish that climb! After that, it's all down hill from there!"

I'm in trouble....