Quantcast

24 Hours of Adrenaline @ Dalton 2005- Plans and Smacktalk

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Westy said:
Word!

I've got my money on Echo for most improved lap times, maybe Treesaw she seemed motivated to train after Old Pueblo. I'd say that there is a good chance Echo will have the fastest lap.
I'm definitely in better shape than I was last year. But honestly my money is on greasey monkey for fastest lap. And maybe not just fastest monkey lap.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
We definitely need to track who has the most improved times. I say we do it based on percentage. e.g. if TreeSaw's best lap was 1:20 last year, and she does a 1:10 lap this time, that is a 12.5% improvement (70 minutes divided by 80 minutes). Winners for most improved average and most improved best lap get bragging rights. :)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
This year I'm shooting for slower laptimes, faster pit times. Hopefully this year I wont spend 15 minutes searching for a flashlight by the light of the flashlight I'm looking for.

Goddy43

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
I Are Baboon said:
We definitely need to track who has the most improved times. I say we do it based on percentage. e.g. if TreeSaw's best lap was 1:20 last year, and she does a 1:10 lap this time, that is a 12.5% improvement (70 minutes divided by 80 minutes). Winners for most improved average and most improved best lap get bragging rights. :)
I predict a 100% improvement for myself and McGRP01.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
By the way. I have been offering to people a barely used Z1 FR SL to support me in my pit. Not very tempting for people traveling from Virginia but I'll open the offer to everyone.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I finally signed up. Solo site 21. I'll probably try to get a site closer to the rest of the monkeys but I wanted bib #21 again.

I figured out how to get an edge on the competetion. bury several timed and automated air horns throughout the solo campsite to go off every 1/2 hour from midnight to 8:00 AM keeping everyone awake while I sleep comfortably in a hotel the night before the race.

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
Westy said:
I finally signed up. Solo site 21. I'll probably try to get a site closer to the rest of the monkeys but I wanted bib #21 again.

I figured out how to get an edge on the competetion. bury several timed and automated air horns throughout the solo campsite to go off every 1/2 hour from midnight to 8:00 AM keeping everyone awake while I sleep comfortably in a hotel the night before the race.
You are a rock star!!! Have a great time!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Westy said:

Sweet!!!! :thumb: We're gonna have a blast! As always, you and the other :monkey: s are welcome to crash at Crombachland after the race and/or before.

justbill

Stunt Humper
Mar 29, 2004
barefoot in the kitchen...
Westy said:
Solo site 21.
keeping everyone awake while I sleep comfortably in a hotel the night before the race.
can i get the fork if i sleep in your site friday night. I have a certian reputation for keeping others awake.

effective range-- 30yards in still air.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
as it turns out im not going anywhere the weekend of the race so im up for being a volunteer if anyone needs one. if you need help with anything just send me a pm.

justbill

Stunt Humper
Mar 29, 2004
barefoot in the kitchen...
gnurider1080 said:
as it turns out im not going anywhere the weekend of the race so im up for being a volunteer if anyone needs one. if you need help with anything just send me a pm.

sure, see if you can get the use of a vehicle with a 2" receiver hitch that can tow #3500.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
justbill said:
sure, see if you can get the use of a vehicle with a 2" receiver hitch that can tow #3500.
my dads explorer has a 2" inch hitch and can either tow almost 3500 or over 3500. ive got to find out which axle ratio its got.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
MMcG said:
Holy Crap I have so little trail time under my legs this year I'm going to suck major arse at Dalton. :(
If some army officer gets bit in the butt by a snake we will know who to call.

With my knee problems this year my training has not been up to par either. I plan on making up for it with Redbull and vodka.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Hard training over the next 5 days then tapering off until the race will net good results for Dalton. Of course I have a badly bruised knee and a wedding to go to in the next 5 days.:(

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
douglas said:
After tonight's race I will be starting to make the secret short cut trails for my team, and the booby traps for the rest of you guys :devil:
Doug, expect all of team Humanity's Only Hope to be there to race on Wed. 6/22! :sneaky:

Unless I say screw it and decide to go DH'ing at Jiminy Peak instead. :think:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:
Doug, expect all of team Humanity's Only Hope to be there to race on Wed. 6/22! :sneaky:

Unless I say screw it and decide to go DH'ing at Jiminy Peak instead. :think:

cool !

J-P is open to Dh during the week? Hmm - I bet its just the small lift

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
douglas said:
cool !

J-P is open to Dh during the week? Hmm - I bet its just the small lift
The Grand Slam chairlift will operate from 11am to 6pm on weekends beginning May 28 through June 12 and daily beginning June 18. The Berkshire Express chairlift to the summit will operate from noon to 5pm, Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays, beginning July 2nd. Mountain biking hours are from 11am to dusk, and lift fees are $22 for the day.

Hmmm...maybe DH all day, and then race XC that night? Yeah...right. :p

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I found this linked from the Holiday Farm website. Is this current or from last year?

"Other notes:
The course is only open on Friday through Sunday of the event weekend. There will be group pre-rides on Saturday May 24 and June 14 at 9:00am. There is also a race series held on Wednesday nights at 6:00 that starts on May 8th. Please see www.holidayfarm.com/events.html for more details on the Wednesday night race "

http://www.24hoursofadrenalin.com/sched_mass.cfm

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I am pretty sure that is from last year....

........if you do the wednessay races you can ride there anytime (as long as its not raining/super muddy) - my guess is there will be a preride on June 18th and we will be racing the 24 course June 22nd.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
douglas said:
I am pretty sure that is from last year....

........if you do the wednessay races you can ride there anytime (as long as its not raining/super muddy) - my guess is there will be a preride on June 18th and we will be racing the 24 course June 22nd.
Yeah, that kinda what I suspected. I've got to work on the 18th, but will be there to race on the 22nd. Thanks Doug! :)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
I just looked quick, but I only see one lap time faster then your 2nd lap time(34:20)

:thumb:
I had not ridden the Superlight in east coast conditions since last November. By my second lap I felt at home on it again and everything was clicking, in the zone, en fuego. I was probably putting out too much effort but I was having so much fun I couldn't help myself. There were two flowy downhill sections on that trail that I still dream about at night. :drool: :drool:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Although I had a blast at the Burn I caved and kept giving up. The lap times are made easy from training, the hard part is just staying motivated and staying on the trail, which I did not do. I just want to keep my head on straight at Dalton and not give in to quitting.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Westy said:
Although I had a blast at the Burn I caved and kept giving up. The lap times are made easy from training, the hard part is just staying motivated and staying on the trail, which I did not do. I just want to keep my head on straight at Dalton and not give in to quitting.

oh don't worry about Motivation, there will be 15 or so of us monkies making sure you will be motivated ! :dancing: