Quantcast

24 Hours of Adrenaline @ Dalton 2005- Plans and Smacktalk

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I predict MMcG will be there ready to rock n roll !!

ps: should we keep it a secret about how Jollytime is becoming a lean mean mountain biking machine and will be kicking some serious ass

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
douglas said:
ps: should we keep it a secret about how Jollytime is becoming a lean mean mountain biking machine and will be kicking some serious ass
I'm not saying a word about his 30 pound weight loss and 10-pound-lighter bike.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I never should have ridden with Douglas the other day! :think: Now he knows what a explosive, dominating, speed machine I am!!! :devil: My element of surprise is gone! :eek: :D

Goddy43

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
McGRP01 said:
Hahahaha....welcome to the :monkey: very young and FAST teammate of mine! :devil:

You can never have too many internet distractions at work. Plus MTBR ticked me off with the photo hosting.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Goddy43 said:
You can never have too many internet distractions at work. Plus MTBR ticked me off with the photo hosting.
Welcome, Dalton camping neighbor and fellow biker!

That foul smell coming from our campsite will be Splat.

Goddy43

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
McGRP01 said:
Hehehe.... Let the smack talk commence!!! :nuts: :sneaky:
HAHA, naw I know Douglas is fast. I remember seeing him on the podiums at the Master of the Mountains Series.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Goddy43 said:
HAHA, naw I know Douglas is fast. I remember seeing him on the podiums at the Master of the Mountains Series.
Word! I'm actually going to be carrying a notepad and a #2 pencil with me on the course, fully expecting to get schooled! :o:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
So I was looking at my workout log from last year, and I see that I suffered my Vietnam-induced injury on April 24. After that, I only rode 12 times before Dalton weekend. 12 rides between April 24 and June 25 isn't all that much. Anyway, I guess my point is that with just a little effort, I should be in much better race shape this year than I was last year.

splat

Nam I am
I Are Baboon said:
So I was looking at my workout log from last year, and I see that I suffered my Vietnam-induced injury on April 24. After that, I only rode 12 times before Dalton weekend. 12 rides between April 24 and June 25 isn't all that much. Anyway, I guess my point is that with just a little effort, I should be in much better race shape this year than I was last year.
Yes you should be ! , so lets mak sure you don't hurt your self before Dalton this year !

But that was out 3rd "team" ride when you did that , we have not had a team ride yet this year !

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:

How about a big effort, so you/we will kick some serious ass

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
splat said:
Yes you should be ! , so lets mak sure you don't hurt your self before Dalton this year !

But that was out 3rd "team" ride when you did that , we have not had a team ride yet this year !
Nothing crazy for me until after Dalton. On top of the injury last year, I was also away for two weeks on business trips. I have nothing on my calendar for this year.

That was our third team ride last year, but this winter went a lot longer than last winter.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
splat said:

April 24th was our 3rd team ride in '04???

damn I have barely have done 3 rides so far this year!

ack!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
By the way, JT will be in Connecticut May 21 (the day after the MMcG Freedom Ride). All are welcome to ride with us that day (I know you'll be on the Cape, Doug). I'm thinking Soapstone Mountain.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
TreeSaw said:
Doh! You guys are training :confused: Guess I better get going or something ;)
Not really training, just riding. More riding just naturally makes for stronger legs and lungs. :) I am planning on some ass-kicker training specific rides though.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
TreeSaw said:
Doh! You guys are training :confused:
not this year, jollytime & the Baboon will be in such better shape for this years race/putting in fast laps ............I figure I can be slow and we still will get top 10 :thumb:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
douglas said:
not this year, jollytime & the Baboon will be in such better shape for this years race/putting in fast laps ............I figure I can be slow and we still we get top 10 :thumb:
I'm really forward to the race this year. Between being in better shape, hopefully getting a good night's sleep the night before, and hopefully not having all kinds of intestinal problems, I am expecting myself to do much better.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I Are Baboon said:
Not really training, just riding. More riding just naturally makes for stronger legs and lungs. :) I am planning on some ass-kicker training specific rides though.
Man...you're gonna crush me. I need more time (and some motivation)! ;)

douglas said:
not this year, jollytime & the Baboon will be in such better shape for this years race/putting in fast laps ............I figure I can be slow and we still we get top 10
I was hoping that would pan-out for me as well. :think: ;)