Quantcast

24 inches of love

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
In that last pic, it almost looks chrome. I noticed on their site they are gunmetal gray. I've been looking for a 24" 36h chrome bfr forever. I don't think they make them. I even emailed sun twice and they never responded...

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Mr Tiles said:
In that last pic, it almost looks chrome. I noticed on their site they are gunmetal gray. I've been looking for a 24" 36h chrome bfr forever. I don't think they make them. I even emailed sun twice and they never responded...
I could have sworn I've seen chrome 24" BFR's around someplace. Have you tried Dan's Comp? They do have chrome RhinoLites (which IMO are better hoops).

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
don said:
I could have sworn I've seen chrome 24" BFR's around someplace. Have you tried Dan's Comp? They do have chrome RhinoLites (which IMO are better hoops).
good call don, I didn't even notice the chrome rhyno on there. I agree that would be a better choice. saving my pennies up for one now and some kool stop pads...

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
v-digit said:
perfect

i dont miss discs at all.
I find discs useless for street...(unless you get them for free... or paid to use them) Botched side hops/pedal grinds, ledge tricks = bent discs... not to mention V-brakes work just fine if you set them up right.

The nice thing about the fall guy is the super thick seatstay/chainstays, they don't flex at all with a v-brake, and give a nice firm feel at the brake lever. Any other cromo mtb I've ridden required a brake booster to eliminate the flex... and even then, it didn't compare to the Fall Guy

......Landon, I need to get you some better pictures for your website. You're right, it's weird seeing yourself online! Thanks though, I saw "The News" update at work today, (I probably check out tonic updates more then I do actual work) and I have to say I was pretty suprised to stumble upon that.If you like the pictures of the spot that was taken at, you should see the place now. I'll try to get you some updated photo's you'd be impressed at the work we've done! You'll have to stop by one of these days.

I'm excited to see that Fall guys are now being offered with intergrated headsets, and mid bottom brackets! Nice touch to an already great frame!

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
new tonic update - awesome - we need more of those, 5 times a week.

gosh darn it jay, no matter how nice it is, keep that weird lookin bike out of this thread ;) get your own, your own!!!

Landon

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Vas- Tonic Updates 5 times a week? Writing those things already feels like an excersize in squeezing water from rocks...

Its not too late to retrieve your literary appetites from the gutter.

Riding shots are good. Thanks to all that have sent me some.

L

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Hey qualude, the headtube on the Nemesis looks really tall. Is it just the picture or are the bars way up there?

trust4130

Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
Pennsylvania
Eatmyfood! said:
How much does the Tonic bike in the original post cost?
It was in the $1900 to $2000 range, but there's some ti bits on there that you really don't need. As V-digit stated, you could put something similar together for around $1500. The frame/fork/hs/bb deal Landon has put together is a pretty good deal all things considered. Save some cash on some inexpensive wheels and you'd be right around $1500 and have one hell of a machine.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
Bicyclist said:
Hey qualude, the headtube on the Nemesis looks really tall. Is it just the picture or are the bars way up there?
are you talking about the length of the headtube? i believe its longer so that all fork crowns can clear the downtube. side effect of integrated ht

trust4130

Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
Pennsylvania
Hey Stoked, thanks for fixing the picture I tried to post. Could you please enlighten me as to the mystical powers used to do such a thing? Imageshack had instructions for posting a thumbnail, but not a full-size pic...

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
trust4130 said:
Hey Stoked, thanks for fixing the picture I tried to post. Could you please enlighten me as to the mystical powers used to do such a thing? Imageshack had instructions for posting a thumbnail, but not a full-size pic...
i opened the original(large) pic by clicking on the thumbnail, then right click>copy image location. then paste in between
in my post. photobucket may be easier. it'll give you direct link to the full image so you can copy into your posts

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Stoked said:
are you talking about the length of the headtube? i believe its longer so that all fork crowns can clear the downtube. side effect of integrated ht
Yeah, but the bars are still WAY up there. Like my DH bike almost.

qualude

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
The County of Kings
Stoked said:
Actually, it is really tall. Waiting on the delivery of my "modded" Z1 from Nemesis. My DJ1 is at 100mm, and the frame was built around a 65-70mm fork. Not to mention, the "wide" setting on the P&S I used to shoot it with makes it look a bit funky.
(thanks Vas)
If it makes it here, see ya at the Banks!

qualude

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
The County of Kings
v-digit said:
too bad u missed last night, there were like 30 cats goin off. i want to see that bike with that fork. banks, tonight.
Well, here is what the devil in the brown uniform says:
7/20/2006 3:28:00 PM LOCATION SCAN PHILADELPHIA, PA US
AAAARGH!!!!!

kenjikuro

Chimp
Jan 14, 2006
lol nice bicyclist. u go for the baby blue one too? =D i got new picture for my bike though. i have not change the sprocket to the 25teeth one.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
how's that fork feel? I haven't ridden one yet but they look very interesting. My sherman barely moves with the tool and die spring mod and that's the way I like it for park and stuff. Just wondering how much if any the nemesis tuned forks go thru the travel?

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
Mr Tiles said:
how's that fork feel? I haven't ridden one yet but they look very interesting. My sherman barely moves with the tool and die spring mod and that's the way I like it for park and stuff. Just wondering how much if any the nemesis tuned forks go thru the travel?
hey tiles did you get the gold or green spring? ive been using the gold spring for a couple weeks and its been a totally different fork. highly suggest this spring for the dirt/street bunch.

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
aight. i need to order one of them gold springs for my sherman jumper. was it hard to switch them? did you do it yourself?

btw...i'm not sure where it went , but i just flipped through this whole thread looking for a link towards them springs, and i couldnt find it. i'm sure it was right infront of me at some point, but, could u post it up again? :)

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
v-digit said:
aight. i need to order one of them gold springs for my sherman jumper. was it hard to switch them? did you do it yourself?
you need a dremel and a belt sander helps. none of which i had but racer edge hooked it up. gerald has a good idea of how to do it now. it didnt take very long at all.
i found that the gold spring took away all the slop the fork had once you get up to speed. the xfirm spring felt good when the bike was sitting still but at speeds felt like poo.

link to springs...thanks to don again
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154325&page=2

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
and just to be completely retarded - i simply order the extact spring that comes up when i click on the gold spring link? i dont have to change dimesions, right?

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
v-digit said:
and just to be completely retarded - i simply order the extact spring that comes up when i click on the gold spring link? i dont have to change dimesions, right?
yes change them. Part 343-1648 1 x 12 Gold