Quantcast

24hrs of Dalton: Plans & Smacktalk

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Echo said:
That was my plan. Which would mean we would have to do the preride in under an hour so there's enough tape :D
your team should do 2 prerides/2 tapes.....just in case theres a problem with the 1st one

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
Finally got a bike built up for stuntmatty!
1. cannondale is dead, so it's not that.
2. Kona Cowen is still a frame only, so it's not that either.
3. Heckler won't be here on time, so that is out also.
4. I didn't steal another teams bike, so don't start yelling at me :D

What is left you ask???

Well, I did what I tend to do all the time...........I ripped apart all my other bikes and built this slick little beast up :thumb:

29 lbs. as it sits, which is 5 lbs. lighter than mattys XC bike. Matty took it out for a spin yesterday and was all giddy with how light and fast it felt. I love it when a plan comes together

:dancing:

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
ghostrider said:
Thing looks pretty sweet, but just one chainring? Flat pedals? You guys realize this is an XC race, right? :think:
Yep, I know it is an XCrace, but Matty doesn't ride clipless and I don't have a bolt on derailleur that would work with the Lenz.

Stuntmatty says,"I am a freerider, not an xc rider"

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Instigator said:
Yep, I know it is an XCrace, but Matty doesn't ride clipless and I don't have a bolt on derailleur that would work with the Lenz.

Stuntmatty says,"I am a freerider, not an xc rider"
Team Ass Balancer will Balance Asses regardless.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ghostrider,

I am going to need to get a little SlowCal information from you on Friday. My wants to talk to me after work tonight about transfering me to your neck of the woods.

ghostrider

Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Westy said:
Ghostrider,

I am going to need to get a little SlowCal information from you on Friday. My wants to talk to me after work tonight about transfering me to your neck of the woods.
Right on, dude, like, that's totally not a problem.

Deyv

Deyvil
Mar 26, 2002
Montreal
Hi Guys,

It is getting really close. Is everyone ready?

We are leaving tomorow for Earl`s and Teresa and we will get to Dalton early Friday to set up camp.

We can`t wait , this is going to be great, 3 teams of monkeys, this is going to be a ZOO! :D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Instigator said:
Finally got a bike built up for stuntmatty!
1. cannondale is dead, so it's not that.
2. Kona Cowen is still a frame only, so it's not that either.
3. Heckler won't be here on time, so that is out also.
4. I didn't steal another teams bike, so don't start yelling at me :D

What is left you ask???

Well, I did what I tend to do all the time...........I ripped apart all my other bikes and built this slick little beast up :thumb:

29 lbs. as it sits, which is 5 lbs. lighter than mattys XC bike. Matty took it out for a spin yesterday and was all giddy with how light and fast it felt. I love it when a plan comes together

:dancing:
DAMN!!! You're good! :D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Deyv said:
Hi Guys,

It is getting really close. Is everyone ready?

We are leaving tomorow for Earl`s and Teresa and we will get to Dalton early Friday to set up camp.

We can`t wait , this is going to be great, 3 teams of monkeys, this is going to be a ZOO! :D
YEAH!!! We'll see you tomorrow :D

ghostrider

Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
splat said:
Dam , Albany has moved up in the world of airports. :think:

SO what time does you Flight leave So-cal ? and how many stops along the way ?
I leave LAX at 11:30PM Thursday night, and will be in Albany Friday morning at 9:00 AM. One stop in Pittsburgh. Just don't wake me up until the Monkey Preride.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Echo said:
I dunno how Adrenaline does it, but in Old Pueblo, you actually had a little stick with your number on it, you could stash it in a jersey pocket or in the leg of your shorts, in your camelbak, etc.

word is > 3 inch wooden dowel/baton

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
A couple of hours of sleep, finish off packing up the truck and I will be picking up matty in the morning heading down to Victor to pick up Greasey and we will be heading out. Should be at the campground between 12 and 1.

Time for my nap..................................

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
In less than 24 hours I'll be all packed up, headin' north of the Mason Dixon. Looking forward to meeting all y'all. I be in solo spot 21, drivin' the orange car with 01 painted on the doors. Yeee Haaw

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
Westy said:
In less than 24 hours I'll be all packed up, headin' north of the Mason Dixon. Looking forward to meeting all y'all. I be in solo spot 21, drivin' the orange car with 01 painted on the doors. Yeee Haaw
Just the idea of solo makes my stomache turn and my legs ache :confused:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Westy said:
Looking forward to meeting you, Westy! :thumb:

ghostrider

Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Echo said:
Matty don't need no front derailleur. He's a STOMPA.
Funny thing is, nobody has caught on to our slick plan. Since Matty is doing the run and the first lap for us, he's gonna leave em all in the dust, since he can wear running shoes and won't have to waste time clipping in. We are expecting him to win the first lap outright by around 4 minutes. In fact, the whole team will be going so fast, we expect to finish the entire 24 hours before dinner on Saturday.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
ghostrider said:
Funny thing is, nobody has caught on to our slick plan. Since Matty is doing the run and the first lap for us, he's gonna leave em all in the dust, since he can wear running shoes and won't have to waste time clipping in. We are expecting him to win the first lap outright by around 4 minutes. In fact, the whole team will be going so fast, we expect to finish the entire 24 hours before dinner on Saturday.

:nope: I will be saying "Hi" and "Bye" to Matty on the fire road climb :evil:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
There better be rock gardens, logpiles and stream crossings on that fire road. On second thought no stream crossings, I want to keep my butt as dry as possible.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Echo said:
douglas seems to be pretty confident in his fireroad climbing abilities :devil:
Perhaps putting some money down on the fireroad climb during the Friday recon lap would be appropriate.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
ghostrider said:
Hey wait a second, nobody said nuthin about no fireroad climbs.
dang! ooops! Doug this isn't team 4 monkies & baboons secret thread!

hehe, just kidding!

there is NO fire road climbs, especially NO 1 mile long fire road climb!!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Echo said:
douglas seems to be pretty confident in his fireroad climbing abilities :devil:

yeah, I'll be 2nd last to the top and Stuntmatty on his 9 spd flat pedaled bike we be last !!

(ps: no offense Matty!)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
ghostrider said:
You mean like putting a $20 on the ground on Friday, and first one there on Saturday gets to pick it up and keep it?
Not what I meant, but an even better idea. A nice hole shot prize.