Quantcast

awwww shit. IT'S ON

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Professional Karen? Got it.

Sessler turned a middling career riding bikes downhill in the 90s into a second act complaining about anything and everything that non-SC teams and riders did.
did you attend her classes? :cheers:

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Tu felix Austria, hope @Loki87 and @Flo33 are happily wasted in the woods somewhere.

Production quality was top notch and my brain has already adapted to process Cedric‘s utterances as random noise with a French inflection. Enjoyable from start to finish.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Tu felix Austria, hope @Loki87 and @Flo33 are happily wasted in the woods somewhere.

Production quality was top notch and my brain has already adapted to process Cedric‘s utterances as random noise with a French inflection. Enjoyable from start to finish.
Not sure what you watched?? The cutting to the right camera to always have the rider in frame was not great, a lot of way too close up shots, especially on the slow-mo replays, drone that showed everything besides the rider, missing the start of one rider because they stayed with the finish shot for too long, autofocus issues worse than in Ed Bull Media House's dad cam Vlogs....

Hope you are happy now Seth. ;)

Congrats to our Austrian monkeys!

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria

I'm soooo wasted and paryting hard today. My temporal neighbour for the win, can't believe it :headbang: :busted: :maninlove::cheers:

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Wow Austria wins both mens and women's. Good on ya.

I was wearing my noise cancelling headphones (Sony, over the ears, which are quite nice) connected to my phone/GCN app. I could hear the background music and announcer sometimes more clearly than Ric and Cedric. It wasn't too bad, but kind of annoying. If I were playing it on the big TV/stereo I probably would not have noticed it as much.

I still think they need a 3rd person in the booth. Some of the stuff they say gets tiresome...or is that "tyre-some" HA I'm a nerd.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Well,it is only the second Race,but my thoughts just on the Riders.

Luca,Avy claps.

Finn,Avy is thinking everyone better take notice. He seems really relaxed on the bike and Fuckin Fast.

Verg is right where he needs tobe and looking Deadly,ready to pounce anybody.

Troy is ready and seems Happy with his bike? I prefer him on his Older Bike,he looked so much faster,and was. As if he had that Sussy dialed popin in and out of pure Hate with ease all the way Down. Mabye it’s just me,I was getting used to seeing him taking 2nd but nobody knew if it would be Troy for the win? Loosing by a Hair! Even the Worlds that one year! Heartbreaking Shit,but he is ready and Healthy.

Fucking Wynn takin a massive crash(anyone have It?) He said Compond on his Index Finger. Doing his YT,and a wonderful job of it at that. Poor Little Sausage,must have been in pain and Loss off Bike. I Love his show. I would like to know his thoughts on him being on the Mic? Someone needs to ask him that. Someone that fucking matters,so it spreads like wild fire. He has my Vote. Mo Money!

I gotta go to the Store,Fuck!

Avy

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Guess when you go the UCI jimmy hat on, you get to, uh, experiment.

The racing is as bonkers as ever. I don't know if an Austrian Double is in Urban Dictionary, but it should be.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Not as hard as Reece fucked his own season.

Is the audio mix this terrible for everyone else? It's either the mixing or the mics that are picking up all of the venue background audio.
Audio may be too good for me. All the techno music in the background makes me look forward to hearing loss.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
just caught up on the replays. Bloody wish I was in an Austrian MTB pub for that afterparty. I was wondering who of Coulange or Kolb would get their first win first. Brilliant stuff.

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
so, watched the first to me race this season (leogang, on redbull.tv) german commentary, markus pekoll (mostly good) and some german dude that seems to do a lot of commentary for eurosports. awful dude, enraging commentary that just wants me to commit murder to this guy. also, was the audio mixing with the english dudes equaliy bad? seemed to always be 3 sources mixed in to one, commentary guys, the background noise music/announcer from the finish area and the local sound from the camera. super annoying. can’t they afford a soundproof booth for the commentary crew?

super mixed feelings, i really don’t want to finance the salary of this awful german dude going forward.

racing was good though, downhill just delivers. glad kolb one his home run.

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
Awesome race!! The commentary in English isn't as bad as I would have thought. Honestly, it feels pretty good with all the anticipation there was for it to be bad.

Watching the women's semi-finals, after Vali was with the commenters (and looked like she didn't want to be there at all), one commenter let out " She said fucking!" just before the broadcast switched cameras. There was an awkward silence in the commentators booths but they picked up pretty nice afterwards :help:

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Watching the mens XC now. Unfortunately still on the headphones. Oh Austria. I'd love to experience your non stop dance party! I can hear the background music better than Ric and Bart.

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I'm watching it with my own tunes on and the TV volume down super low.
GCN+ audio is perfect!

Spoiler: XCO is generally only really about 6-10 actual contenders with 110 others making up the numbers, half of which will probably be lapped.
They should probably limit it to just 60 riders in the first place.

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I can hear the background music better than Ric and Bart.
Erm... What background music? The only background sounds on GCN+ are the crowd noise, the odd bell etc. and the event tannoy commentators. none of which is intrusive in the slightest.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Erm... What background music? The only background sounds on GCN+ are the crowd noise, the odd bell etc. and the event tannoy commentators. none of which is intrusive in the slightest.
You don't hear the techno music? The "other" announcer in the background? I do

I assume it's the background noise from the actual event, that is getting into GCN's commentary because their mics pick it up. I'm a bit of an audio nerd. So I hear that. And my headphones are pretty freaking sweet. And on a bit of a holiday so can't use my usual set up, so headphones it is.

Like someone else has commented, can't they filter that out?

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
so, watched the first to me race this season (leogang, on redbull.tv) german commentary, markus pekoll (mostly good) and some german dude that seems to do a lot of commentary for eurosports. awful dude, enraging commentary that just wants me to commit murder to this guy. also, was the audio mixing with the english dudes equaliy bad? seemed to always be 3 sources mixed in to one, commentary guys, the background noise music/announcer from the finish area and the local sound from the camera. super annoying. can’t they afford a soundproof booth for the commentary crew?

super mixed feelings, i really don’t want to finance the salary of this awful german dude going forward.

racing was good though, downhill just delivers. glad kolb one his home run.

I watched the Austrian RB feed and had no problem with the audio.

Then again, I do not speak zee language, so had it on mute. :busted: :thumb:

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Didn't love the wonky drone footage through arguably the most interesting part of an otherwise boring (to watch) XC track. I don't envy the amount of punchy gravel climbs involved either. Still wild to see flat tires in 2023.

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
You don't hear the techno music?
Through the TV or phone App.Nope. Not at all.
I assume it's the background noise from the actual event, that is getting into GCN's commentary because their mics pick it up.
Well. it isn't coming through here. on the chromecast App or the android phone App. (have watched most of the coverage listening through TV speakers, phone speakers, bluetooth headphones and Bluetooth speaker. volume generally fairly LOUD
I'm a bit of an audio nerd.
I'm not really sure what that means. You're not one of those pretentious blokes (it's ALWAYS blokes) who like to go on about their "superior" audio quality are you? :dirol:
I listen to music for at least 10 hours most days, basically I can't function without it. But honestly I couldn't care less about it being super high audio quality. But No. There has been no techno in the backgroud on any of the GCN+ mtb content I've watched here since subscribing.. I'd definitely notice. I like Techno. Way more than I like XC racing.

One thing I've noticed on the Apps is there's always two different options for Finals. I always choose the "English audio only" option. The one with the "INCLUDES LIVE SHOW" Red band across the bottom of the option card. could that be the issue?

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Taking nothing away from Vali. What Rachel said about her run own on WynTV was quite interesting. Basically fucked up the first wooden kicker on the motorway (possibly leading to what she called an "embarrassing" motorway split) and later in the run a spectator shouting "go mum" getting into her head and making her ride more cautiously in the woods. Probably not enough of an issue to take her up a spot on the podium but still. Shows how despite all her experience it's a lot to handle. Great to see how happy she seems to be back racing. Could we be could looking at a tight season for the Womens' overall if she continues with it. Hope so.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Taking nothing away from Vali. What Rachel said about her run own on WynTV was quite interesting. Basically fucked up the first wooden kicker on the motorway (possibly leading to what she called an "embarrassing" motorway split) and later in the run a spectator shouting "go mum" getting into her head and making her ride more cautiously in the woods. Probably not enough of an issue to take her up a spot on the podium but still. Shows how despite all her experience it's a lot to handle. Great to see how happy she seems to be back racing. Could we be could looking at a tight season for the Womens' overall if she continues with it. Hope so.
I am surprised that she heard “go mum” ?. I know that it is Loud. Fans going Nuts screaming Love or Hate. When you are in a Complete Zone,you hear nothing. It is just the feel of the Bike,Trail and the Wind Blowing going way beyond the Safe Zone,but feeling like it is a Walk in the Park. She is a Mom,and will soon be back in the Zone. On that beautiful Atherton Bike. That’s my thoughts.

Like a Perfect Swing,it feels like nothing. The Ball travels 410 feet and you ask how did it feel?

Well,it felt really good and I was surprised how far the ball went? I did not really feel I hit it hard?

Perfection is a beautiful thing.

Avy

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Rounders?
Hahahha... Loved playing that as a kid... couldn't pay me to watch it as an adult 8-)

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Watching the women's semi-finals, after Vali was with the commenters (and looked like she didn't want to be there at all), one commenter let out " She said fucking!" just before the broadcast switched cameras.
Haha I laughed at that one too. Censorship fail