Quantcast

Bode Miller - what a joke!

J

JRB

Jeremy R said:
The critical insight that you are bringing to this thread has made me ponder the very significance of my purpose here on this earth.
Thank you Loco, thank you for helping me.........understand.
I'm glad I was here for you.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco said:
So did this Bode Miller guy not do well at the olympics???
How many times do you have to ask the same question before you realize that no one likes you enough to even respond to a question you damn well know the answer to. We got it. You arent following the olympics. Hooray for being an 'individual'.

now shut up.

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
How many times do you have to ask the same question before you realize that no one likes you enough to even respond to a question you damn well know the answer to. We got it. You arent following the olympics. Hooray for being an 'individual'.

now shut up.
Your tube on your fork is too short.

*oh yeah - note the responses, proving you don't know what you are saying. :p

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
good.
you have no friends.
Let's see how many ride pics you posted riding with someone besides yourself and your dog, that your girlfriend took. :think:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco said:
Let's see how many ride pics you posted riding with someone besides yourself and your dog, that your girlfriend took. :think:
Yer such a newb.
Id ask to see pics of you "actually" riding, but I dont want to see your gut on my screen.

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
Yer such a newb.
Id ask to see pics of you "actually" riding, but I dont want to see your gut on my screen.
The pics are small enough that you can't see it. You'll be 34 one day. I hope, in a weird, punishing way, that you are so we can see your gut. I was 145 when I was 26. Things change. Oh well - I don't guess I owe you an explanation for anything.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco said:
Pure quality that someone that is as festering a boil as you would be irritated by anyone. :think: I think you can't stand the competition of anyone being nearly as annoying as you.
If you have that opinion of yourself, perhaps you should consider changing.

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
If you have that opinion of yourself, perhaps you should consider changing.
You're right. I don't think I'm nearly as annoying as N8.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I liked his post race interview after the DH. Very humble. Didn't win, didn't make excuses.

Compare Lance "My brake was dragging all day...I was dehydrated...I didn't eat...I was sick...etc" Armstrong :D

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Silver said:
I liked his post race interview after the DH. Very humble. Didn't win, didn't make excuses.

Compare Lance "My brake was dragging all day...I was dehydrated...I didn't eat...I was sick...etc" Armstrong :D

Lance hater.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
MMcG said:
I didn't lap anything up - I was skeptical about all the hype on this dude right from the get go Shtles.
So do you or do you not consider Bode Miller a world class ski racer? Do you really know anything more than what the media has fed you? If so, what do you know about him?

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
So do you or do you not consider Bode Miller a world class ski racer? Do you really know anything more than what the media has fed you? If so, what do you know about him?
I learned he is an Olympic skier, not quite done in the Olympics, revered by some, a drunk to others. I understand the media talks about him wearing Nike base layers too. If that wasn't enough, I learned N8's right about ignore, and Burly Shirley will always be a jack ass. Lastly, apparently my weight gain, while remaining largely active, isn't affected by my age.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
MMcG said:
all the hype around this guy cracks me up. What a joke.

He wins a few races gets all hyped up by the press, gets a big sponsorship from Nike and then sucks major ass at the Olympics.

Just saw that he got DQ'd again for the combined event (whatever the heck that consists of) for straddling a slalom gate. Seems like this type of mistake is a common occurance for our "star" Bode. :rolleyes:

What a bum.
So, I take it you can do better?

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
MMcG said:
Never said I could.

Just pointing out that he failed to live up to the hype.

Hype that the US media came up with to jack up the ratings.

Any of the top guys in the world could have won.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Transcend said:
So, I take it you can do better?
Since when do you have to be better than a professional athlete before you're allowed to criticize him or her?

:confused:

Anyway, Bode Miller still has three events left. I'm sure he'll land atop the podium before it's all over.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I Are Baboon said:
Since when do you have to be better than a professional athlete before you're allowed to criticize him or her?

:confused:

Anyway, Bode Miller still has three events left. I'm sure he'll land atop the podium before it's all over.
Maybe he will, maybe he'll get DQ'd from every event.

None of this is new for Bode. It's been his M.O. since before there was any "hype".........

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
MMcG said:
Michelle Kwan bowed out due to injury in time for an alternate to come in a compete! I admire her for that. :thumb:
I don't follow ice skating at all, but since Kwan is a local here in So Cal, she has been all over the news the past few days. I agree with you, she did the right thing. Kwan tried to work through the pain, but couldn't deal with the pain, and decided to step-down...nothing wrong with what she did.

As for Bode Miller, he’s knucklehead