Quantcast

Campers

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Just spent a few hour working on the rig. Installed a new combo First Alert CO/Smoke detector with a 10 year battery. Repositioned the latch on the rear screen door. I had to move it outboard due to the thicker weather stripping I installed. Swapped out the propane tanks for two full ones and topped off the fresh water tank.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons

hidden shower.....recliners....
Pretty damn dialed. I would personally trade the rear recliners, tv nonsense and a few other things for a better kitchen setup and a cartridge shitter, but I definitely would hire those guys if I was just throwing money around. Also would ditch the microwave for cabinet space.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I got the floor framed out, but it's so damn cold it took forever for my paint to dry and my glue may never. I need to go to Lowe's because they seem to be the only ones who carry 3/4" foam board. Once I get the foam board and underlayment, I can put everything back in.

I got my fresh water tank and it fits perfectly. I think I have a rough idea of how it might get plumbed. Next weekend I will hit Curtis Trailer and see what all I need.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Finally got around to making a dolly this afternoon. Just need to decide on bolts or lag bolts to mount the wheels.
20191215_184331-1328x747.jpg

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I got the floor framed out, but it's so damn cold it took forever for my paint to dry and my glue may never. I need to go to Lowe's because they seem to be the only ones who carry 3/4" foam board. Once I get the foam board and underlayment, I can put everything back in.

I got my fresh water tank and it fits perfectly. I think I have a rough idea of how it might get plumbed. Next weekend I will hit Curtis Trailer and see what all I need.
you might want to consider one of these for your fresh tank and waste tanks if you are going to use the rig in the winter

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Pretty damn dialed. I would personally trade the rear recliners, tv nonsense and a few other things for a better kitchen setup and a cartridge shitter, but I definitely would hire those guys if I was just throwing money around. Also would ditch the microwave for cabinet space.
the best cabinets i have seen to date i posted a video of earlier.....a guy ordered a bunch of extruded aluminum t slot stock from amazon and made his own cabinets.....

here....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

you might want to consider one of these for your fresh tank and waste tanks if you are going to use the rig in the winter

Concur, you need tank heaters. It's a small price to pay knowing the tank wont ice up in frostier weather.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

I was thinking more about the lines than the tank. Sounds like cheap insurance for sure. I was going to run everything under the truck, but now that I am putting in the subfloor, I might do it all under. Hmm, still so much to figure out.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
20191219_160805.jpg

looks like camping to me....not dragging a trailer around or a apartment in a van...

you may not like it.....but he drives the thing anywhere he can....it is not a garage queen....
Barf applied to a fucking Porsche overlooking a human rat heap. From the couple of photos you have presented, it seems that the person is (primarily?) interested in photographing their setup in what they regard as scenic areas. I doubt that he could set up for any length of time with what he can carry in his rich old man's roller skate.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Barf applied to a fucking Porsche overlooking a human rat heap. From the couple of photos you have presented, it seems that the person is (primarily?) interested in photographing their setup in what they regard as scenic areas. I doubt that he could set up for any length of time with what he can carry in his rich old man's roller skate.
no jbp.....just looks like a guy enjoying the fuck out of his car to me....

sorry i upset sensibilities on how a person should enjoy the outdoors and what he uses to get there...

have a nice day.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It's been pouring rain for 2 days and I noticed my roof is leaking where my solar wires come in. I bought a cover right after I bought the truck, but it's been in a box until today. I was so happy with how this cover fits damn. It wasn't too bad to get on, either.

IMG_20191221_091100.jpg

Hobolife isn't vanlife.

I used the Mr Buddy and I installed the duo LP/CO2 alarm, first. This was asking for trouble.
If you read postings on RV forums there are a bunch of cretins who use unvented combustion heaters with various half-assed approaches to allowing for some ventilation.

The person described in the article sort of sounds on the desperately poor end of the spectrum.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Hell yeah, a Carrera 4s with some winter tires is the way that thing should be run.

I saw a dude driving his Audi R8 in the snow the day. Douchemobile around these parts, but doing it right.
the roof top tent was originally for his range rover but it did get along with the factory roof bars....sooo....