Quantcast

Climate Change...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Well this is good news... :disgust1:

And apart it all falls... Well gents, I know it's an older crew here, but for those that haven't had kids yet (especially in the US), might be time to make sure it doesn't happen. #1 polluter in the world is getting rid of all rules around it. The theocracy ramp up is in full swing. The US govt is in self-destruct mode. And we, globally, are all along for the ride.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Interesting development.
It is a bit convoluted which creates multiple weak points or inefficiencies in the system (will need to be relatively close to the end user).
But has some potential, and it's low electricity grid consumption is a good bonus point.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
My plan to circumvent climate change by being further north where it’s cooler.

How it’s going:
9EBDE1D0-972F-4C75-AA16-CBC573A89AC7.jpeg

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
boo

That's all methane rich, formerly permafrost tundra too, isn't it?
Permafrost exists under the surface, even all the way north in Utqiagvik, but everything here is methane-rich, we see the bubbles in the ice in the winter time. There are literally only 3 types of terrain, mountains, swamps and open water. If it's not open water or a mountain, it's a swamp and there's methane. The warmer it is, the more is released. Tundra is frozen swamp (when it's actually frozen).

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
God I fucking hate these people. One of the biggest giant sequoia groves is being surrounded by a fire right now (Washburn fire), because of the trees that are on fire in the exact spot these dumbasses sued to stop. So not only do we have yet another smoke/CO2 belching event, they literally stalled a project that would have prevented this this year.

A little background on this idiot chad hansen if you care

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
cocksuckin' motherfucker
I knew he was useless, but kinda figured he couldn't make things worse. but now he's gonna go and lock in fossil fueled power plants that will be around for what? 50 to 70 years? asshole.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
God I fucking hate these people. One of the biggest giant sequoia groves is being surrounded by a fire right now (Washburn fire), because of the trees that are on fire in the exact spot these dumbasses sued to stop. So not only do we have yet another smoke/CO2 belching event, they literally stalled a project that would have prevented this this year.

A little background on this idiot chad hansen if you care
Sacbee article is behind paywall, and even incognito mode doesn't work.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
cocksuckin' motherfucker
I knew he was useless, but kinda figured he couldn't make things worse. but now he's gonna go and lock in fossil fueled power plants that will be around for what? 50 to 70 years? asshole.
Unfortunately I'm not surprised. :mad:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
“In the real world, that is not going to happen,” says McGuire. “Instead, we are on course for close to a 14% rise in emissions by that date – which will almost certainly see us shatter the 1.5C guardrail in less than a decade.”

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
There’s a reasonable chance this bill that just passed might actually make green hydrogen quite a big deal in the US.
Fingers crossed.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
cocksuckin' motherfucker
I'm late to the party, but if only they hadn't screwed around and wasted nearly 1 billion dollars of our money over this horsecrap....

And now more tomfoolery.