Quantcast

Sorgie

Monkey
May 20, 2005
Rochester
That is literally the formula used for a lot of confederate/white supremacist logos. Take your favorite christian based european flag, fancy it up and give it a full red white and blue colorway.

Norwegian heritage is a big thing around here, however percentage wise Norwegians were always a minority. This area attracted a lot people from countries with strong fishing backgrounds. There were always a lot more Greek and Portuguese immigrants, but short of a few restaurants you would never know it. But we have large Norwegian cultural centers and museums, more-so than actual native ones. Yet somehow Norwegian culture became the 'supreme' one in the area. Funny how that happens.

I was listening to a podcast on European racism in sports, I can't remember who it was attributed to but there is a famous quote "Africa starts at the Pyrenees". There is probably good reasons why white supremacist flags aren't based off of French, Italian and Portuguese flags.

Now I am no means saying that guy is a nazi. But to me, especially moving here from the south, everytime I see that logo I think 'fuckinig nazis'.
I get what you and Woo are saying and I'm not going to deny that Scandinavia has been hijacked for their "pureness", but I think your last sentence sums it up well. That is your initial thought because that is what you grew up around. I'm telling you what I have been around for over twenty years and that is that Norwegians are VERY proud of their heritage. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if that guy is just showing his pride in his heritage. You're an engineer, you of all people should know to gather as much information as possible before you go into something. If the guys a nazi, fuck em, but there is the possibility that it is the other side of the story too. I was just making sure you had that side of the story. :cheers:Also, their flag was already red, white and blue.:D

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I'm finding it semi-difficult to believe that ALL of these dickbags funded their own way to DC. I mean, buying a flag, shirt or hat made in a Chinese sweatshop is one thing, but travel? Lodging?

If I was smarter and had resources (or was interviewing them after they're arrested) I'd check into any flow of funds into the rioter's bank accounts. I'm guessing that might be interesting.
.........and if you read a bit on some of those accounts I linked............well, I'll just let you see for yourself. It's more fun that way

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Oh man... Lots of businesses are going to be getting burned because their idiots were there. Even if they are fired, their names are attached to those idiots. Toyota of West Covina? They are now attached to that dumb ass, especially as local news picks it up.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Norwegians are VERY proud of their heritage
yeah about that......

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
yeah about that......

Few things lay bare how people really feel like putting them into a mob

when I was actively working on my old Volvo I spent a lot of time on Volvo websites which have a significant Scandinavian participation. I can say that Scandinavian car culture really loves their Confederate flags. Not sure if it means anything to them other than some cultural kitsch but they sure do love it.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
The blind loyalty continues

Trump greeted with cheers as he calls in to Republican National Committee meeting
Trump briefly called in to the Republican National Committee’s winter meeting Thursday morning — and received a loud and overwhelmingly enthusiastic reception when RNC Chair Ronna McDaniel put him on speakerphone, according to people in the room.
“We love you!” some in the room yelled.
Addressing RNC members by phone as they held a private, members-only breakfast at the Ritz-Carlton on Amelia Island in Florida, Trump said he had heard that the news media had falsely reported he would not be speaking. He told the RNC members he wanted to speak, was sorry to miss the event and looked forward to seeing them in person.
Trump made no mention of Wednesday’s violence at the U.S. Capitol, according to the people present, who were not authorized to speak publicly about the president’s remarks. Trump had originally intended to deliver a longer speech but is not scheduled to address the event Thursday night.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Few things lay bare how people really feel like putting them into a mob

when I was actively working on my old Volvo I spent a lot of time on Volvo websites which have a significant Scandinavian participation. I can say that Scandinavian car culture really loves their Confederate flags. Not sure if it means anything to them other than some cultural kitsch but they sure do love it.
You remember when sweden did a program with a 'meet the swedish people' twitter account where they gave a random citizen access to the account for a day and passed it around? Then a not insignificant number of them started posting a bunch of white supremacist shit? :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Cop who shot the whytewomman has already gotten more disciplinary action than every black-person-shooting cop out there and I'm not saying he shouldn't I am saying maybe they should have

he was placed on administrative leave, which my understanding is SOP when shootings occur.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
<--------------- those nips are for you jon, just for you. Stare deeply

someone i know on FB posted that today meinbook is 50% saying it was an antifa operation, and 50% selfies from people that were there