Quantcast

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I'm def gonna start referring to that town as Castle Rocktucky. :D
i remember when castle rock consisted of that shitty walmart shopping center and the shitty strip of outlet malls.....so it has gotten worse since 2005?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Unlike the mega-intelligent Massachusetts. :rolleyes:

They just unveiled this plan and no one knows what the heck any of that means. There are no details about industries in each phase, what does that mean for businesses, nothing. Just posturing, per usual.

View attachment 144991

I'm more impressed by the word 'reversion'

I guess reversal and revision had drunk party seks.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Unlike the mega-intelligent Massachusetts. :rolleyes:

They just unveiled this plan and no one knows what the heck any of that means. There are no details about industries in each phase, what does that mean for businesses, nothing. Just posturing, per usual.

View attachment 144991
posturing? really? did you expect anything other than a phase-in approach? or are you just waiting for the gov't to hold your hand through it because you're unable to figure things out on your own?

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Reporting in from the place where there is more corona virus in the air than pollen, and I saw way too many human faces with exposed blowholes walking around. Did I miss something? Did we wish it away?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
posturing? really? did you expect anything other than a phase-in approach? or are you just waiting for the gov't to hold your hand through it because you're unable to figure things out on your own?
In fairness, the ‘plan’ has zero details and starts in a week. To date the ‘essential’ label has been entirely arbitrary so there’s no clarity on what’s included in each phase. How’re business supposed to plan with no info?

When the gov’t won’t let you determine your own approach, and is penalizing non compliance, you’re kinda limited to their handholding.

Or you operate under CDC guidelines and per your own risk assessment, which is the route I’ve taken.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Reporting in from the place where there is more corona virus in the air than pollen, and I saw way too many human faces with exposed blowholes walking around. Did I miss something? Did we wish it away?
Were they within 6 feet of others?
If not, who cares.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
In fairness, the ‘plan’ has zero details and starts in a week. To date the ‘essential’ label has been entirely arbitrary so there’s no clarity on what’s included in each phase. How’re business supposed to plan with no info?

When the gov’t won’t let you determine your own approach, and is penalizing non compliance, you’re kinda limited to their handholding.

Or you operate under CDC guidelines and per your own risk assessment, which is the route I’ve taken.
because the plan is being made up on the fly? which isn't ideal by any means (but there are reasons driving that), but is certainly more thought through than the approach states south of the MDL (texas included) of just opening everything all at once and basically saying "here ya go we opened 'er up fer ya! good luck rubes!"

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
because the plan is being made up on the fly? which isn't ideal by any means (but there are reasons driving that), but is certainly more thought through than the approach states south of the MDL (texas included) of just opening everything all at once and basically saying "here ya go we opened 'er up fer ya! good luck rubes!"
That's all well and good, but if you're at the point of making an 'announcement' some substance would be nice.

Otherwise just defer to what's worked up until now: "we're watching the numbers and speaking with health officials to determine the best approach." That sets zero expectations.

There's no actionable info in this plan, a sentiment echoed in media coverage of it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
That's all well and good, but if you're at the point of making an 'announcement' some substance would be nice.

Otherwise just defer to what's worked up until now: "we're watching the numbers and speaking with health officials to determine the best approach." That sets zero expectations.

There's no actionable info in this plan, a sentiment echoed in media coverage of it.
fair enough. but it is laying the framework for what the actionable plan will be.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
over 82,000 deaths over just the last two months in the US. :disgust1:
projections up to 147,00 dead by early August, due directly to "explosive increases in mobility".

It's unreal.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
over 82,000 deaths over just the last two months in the US. :disgust1:
projections up to 147,00 dead by early August, due directly to "explosive increases in mobility".

It's unreal.

That is an average of 1200 or so per day. An average of 290 Americans died per day during WWII.

Something like 4000 Americans died on D-Day. We had a peak of over 6000 deaths in one day, admittedly an administrative peak but we have had numerous days of over 3000 deaths.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It just started to sink in last night. Late last week I saw that Sweet Tomatoes was closing. It makes sense, buffets seem like a bad idea and I was a little sad. I like buffets and I don't think they will be back. Then last night, World of Speed announced they are closing. No more museum, no more cars and coffee Saturdays. No more event days.

This really sucks.

/sadstorybro

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004