Quantcast

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Wisconsin's Supreme Court threw out ALL restrictions last night, statewide. Bars were packed within hours and everything is open effective immediately.
It'll be interesting and probably sad to watch the WI case/death stats over the coming weeks.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Wisconsin's Supreme Court threw out ALL restrictions last night, statewide. Bars were packed within hours and everything is open effective immediately.
It'll be interesting and probably sad to watch the WI case/death stats over the coming weeks.
Bigly...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The numbers in Wi weren't bad to begin with but they were still growing, time to put the foot on the accelerator.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My company re-opened rather large manufacturing operations about a month ago. I haven't gone back in as my responsibilities are no longer tied directly to operations. However the total number of cases within the company has been cut in half during that time. Rather extraordinary measures have been implemented, mandatory masks, temperatures taken at the beginning and end of each day, handwashing stations everywhere, people required to clean up any space before and after they work in it. the results have been very positive but it is clear that things need to be executed with great discipline. It works here only because failure to follow the rules will result in disciplinary action and possibly fired for safety violations.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Rather extraordinary measures have been implemented, mandatory masks, temperatures taken at the beginning and end of each day, handwashing stations everywhere, people required to clean up any space before and after they work in it. the results have been very positive but it is clear that things need to be executed with great discipline. It works here only because failure to follow the rules will result in disciplinary action and possibly fired for safety violations.
Does it look like this?

Sorry, I'm just flabbergasted at Wisconsin today.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
My company re-opened rather large manufacturing operations about a month ago. I haven't gone back in as my responsibilities are no longer tied directly to operations. However the total number of cases within the company has been cut in half during that time. Rather extraordinary measures have been implemented, mandatory masks, temperatures taken at the beginning and end of each day, handwashing stations everywhere, people required to clean up any space before and after they work in it. the results have been very positive but it is clear that things need to be executed with great discipline. It works here only because failure to follow the rules will result in disciplinary action and possibly fired for safety violations.
Same over here.

Though we only have very light manufacturing operations going on this week, everyone has been prepping our two plants for the return of all the production employees. Things like mandating the flow of foot traffic through the buildings, ensuring operators are distanced from each other, plexiglass shields put up if they can't be distanced, big lunch rooms has been fully segregated and everyone is assigned a permanent seat, staggered shifts.......the list goes on. Our company as a whole has deployed an app that we must fill out with simple questions and our temperature before we can enter the buildings. No mask = go home.

It'll be interesting to see how it all works once production starts to ramp up next week.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Same over here.

Though we only have very light manufacturing operations going on this week, everyone has been prepping our two plants for the return of all the production employees. Things like mandating the flow of foot traffic through the buildings, ensuring operators are distanced from each other, plexiglass shields put up if they can't be distanced, big lunch rooms has been fully segregated and everyone is assigned a permanent seat, staggered shifts.......the list goes on. Our company as a whole has deployed an app that we must fill out with simple questions and our temperature before we can enter the buildings. No mask = go home.

It'll be interesting to see how it all works once production starts to ramp up next week.

I think people here may be taking it more seriously as we have had multiple employee deaths, one was working from home but one was a line worker who for sick early on.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Every business that can implement reasonable safety practices should be allowed to open, barring locales that are hotspots.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Every business that can implement reasonable safety practices should be allowed to open, barring locales that are hotspots.
I’m inclined to believe there are places and operations with low enough risk that this might not be a terrible idea.

What’s the latest on hospital bed capacity around the country now? Have the medical facilities been able to generally manage the demand for services with the resources available, or is that still a shitshow? I’ve got a family member who just went in the hospital. He’s a frequent flyer there, and stated things are fairly normal though x-ray services are a bit backed up.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I’m inclined to believe there are places and operations with low enough risk that this might not be a terrible idea.

What’s the latest on hospital bed capacity around the country now? Have the medical facilities been able to generally manage the demand for services with the resources available, or is that still a shitshow? I’ve got a family member who just went in the hospital. He’s a frequent flyer there, and stated things are fairly normal though x-ray services are a bit backed up.
MIL reports that although her hospital has capacity to take on new patients, they have a hell of a time finding places that will accept discharges. No assisted care facilities want to take on recovered covid patients, so she's forced to either convince a family member to provide care, or is stuck calling 25+ facilities, some of which aren't remotely close to home. Challenging situation for sure, and it's not getting any easier.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
Have you seen the report about that old folk homes with the bad ventilation system?
100% of patients and workers infected.
I've said from day one all building have to increase make up air it will cost more for heating and cooling but there will be less recycled air being inhaled.
Also MAU units with heat reclaim may be transferring the virus from the heat wheel back to the fresh air being pulled in.

Per code all exhaust vents and plumbing vents must be 10' from any fresh air intake that may no longer be far enough the virus may get exhausted out or the mushroom fan and be brought back in through the MUA unit or the economizer on the RTU to be evenly distributed throughout the facility

most facilities don't buy the expensive filters that may be able to stop the virus from re-entering the facility they hire the cheapest contractor to do filter changes quarterly

As I said before in just a dumb country boy with only a high school education but I'm not waiting for any government officials to tell me how to protect myself

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I tend to agree.
As an individual, that doesn't mean I'm sitting in a crowded bar anytime soon.
not too many restarant/bar supply companies will be surviving....if your favorite bar happens to make it....

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
not too many restarant/bar supply companies will be surviving....if your favorite bar happens to make it....
While the wife and I haven't gone in a couple years, I ran into the owner of the local joint we used to drink at and he said he wasn't sure they would make it at the 6 week mark.